Samsung HD960 vs Onkyo DVSP404, Oppo 971 and Sony NS75H - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-19-2006, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Samsung HLS6767w DLP and almost went with the 960. Then I went into a tailspin and my eyes are dropping off their sockets :-( with all the research on unconverting DVD players. For one I have decided to get a upconverting players until the dust settles on the HD-DVD format wars. So, There are multiple views on:

Oppo - Macroblocking with Samsung displays (other than this, Opps looks like is a great piece, and a tad expensive)
Onkyo - Some one mentioned they are happy with Onkyo DVSP404, and not seen any negatives about this. May be because not many people have this one
Samsung HD960 - Slow load times and other minor stuff and mixed reviews about quality
Sony - The NS75H looks like a good piece but I dont know how this compares with the HD960.

Did any one take a look at all these and bought one and happy with their selection?

Please reply back and save my eyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-19-2006, 03:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Oppo 970.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRookie1 View Post

I bought a Samsung HLS6767w DLP and almost went with the 960. Then I went into a tailspin and my eyes are dropping off their sockets :-( with all the research on unconverting DVD players. For one I have decided to get a upconverting players until the dust settles on the HD-DVD format wars. So, There are multiple views on:

Oppo - Macroblocking with Samsung displays (other than this, Opps looks like is a great piece, and a tad expensive)
Onkyo - Some one mentioned they are happy with Onkyo DVSP404, and not seen any negatives about this. May be because not many people have this one
Samsung HD960 - Slow load times and other minor stuff and mixed reviews about quality
Sony - The NS75H looks like a good piece but I dont know how this compares with the HD960.

Did any one take a look at all these and bought one and happy with their selection?

Please reply back and save my eyes

I have the Onkyo DV-SP404 and I really like it. It is a upconverting player and it will play PAL and NTSC formats. It is slow at starting up but this is inherent in the Yamaha's and Sony's as well. It will play an entire DVD-9 +R DL disk just make sure it is a one session disk, not multi movies etc. The picture is nice as well using a HDMI cable, many features and options in the menu. Hope this helps.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-02-2007, 06:42 AM
GM6

Yeah, Oppo 970 is the dvd player for you
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page