DVD Connections - HDMI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-07-2006, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for some help. Just purchased Panasonic DVD-S52 which I connected to my Hitachi 50HDA39 Plasma using the HDMI connection. When watching DVD picture would break up a bit at times. I called customer support at Panasonic and they told me to connect just the yellow wire from DVD (video out) to the tv (video in) in addition to the HDMI. I was under the impression that the HDMI was all I needed to connect and I may need to make some adjustments to the DVD player to fix the picture.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-07-2006, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Maybe they know something we don't. :) Did you try it? Yes, only HDMI should be sufficient. And normally you don't adjust the DVD player to "fix" the picture. With digital video, a properly functioning DVD player should just be outtputing what is on the DVD. You adjust your TV to match the output of the DVD player. Get a calibration DVD like Digital Video Essentials or Avia.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #3 of 3 Old 12-07-2006, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by llubit
Looking for some help. Just purchased Panasonic DVD-S52 which I connected to my Hitachi 50HDA39 Plasma using the HDMI connection. When watching DVD picture would break up a bit at times. I called customer support at Panasonic and they told me to connect just the yellow wire from DVD (video out) to the tv (video in) in addition to the HDMI. I was under the impression that the HDMI was all I needed to connect and I may need to make some adjustments to the DVD player to fix the picture.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thx
What the customer service rep (where do they get these people?) at Panasonic told you is B.S.
I have S52 connected to my 50XBR1 using HDMI cable. No DVD picture breakup problems.
Does your problem occur with ALL of the DVDs that you play or just a specific one? If all that sounds like could be a HDMI cable problem (check to make sure its plugged in firmly) or a problem withthe player (in which case take it back and exchange for another).
Closed Thread DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page