Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1090 Old 06-14-2007, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael Bellomy View Post

I bet I got my Muse decoder from the same guy with an Italian name...? BTW, I got my players from Daniel at the Chinese Cclub in Hong Kong. I had 15 Muse LD's but I've sold 3. My advice on them is to avoid the movies and get the concerts and shows, like Fishface. I've never seen Muse using the X0. It's supoosed to minimize the annoying video noise on many of the discs. My fav Muse LD's are Stargate, Chaplin, and Jurassic Park. I watched Chaplin last week. Stargate rivals the Blu-ray disc to some extent. Jurassic Park has a few bad scenes on my X9 but overall it looks good. I'd rather watch it than the DVD.

I hope the 45 titles are not all Muse titles. I doubt there are 45 really worthwhile Muse titles. I feel sure there are not! I'd do Muse as a minor sideline, like me. The X0 is the best NTSC unit I'm told. I used to want one but figured D-Theater, HD-DVD, and Blu were more worthwhile in the here and now. I doubt I'll ever buy one now but....never say never!

Best wishes!

Hello Rachael,

It's good to hear from you and great to here from others that love the Laserdisc format.

As always, stay in touch ''it's always a pleasure with all sincerity friend''.

Muse titles that i am interested in are : Lawrence of Arabia / Close Encounters / A Few Good Men / Chaplin / Stargate / Jurassic Park / A League of their own, and a couple of others (i only aim to purchase about 6 to 8 titles, tops.)

All of the 45 approx titles are regular Laserdisc's a couple of squeezed AC-3 / others are mostly AC-3 and about 10 Japanese DTS titles.

Seller is Mr N. Santini

The other seller in Japan is Julien Wilk Lddb and also have approx 8 titles reserved with himself.

After these Laserdisc titles this should 98% complete my collection.

The other main titles that i am looking for are : DTS US VERSION DARK CITY / JAPANESE ONLY VERSIONS OF : THE SIXTH DAY AC-3 / U-571 AC-3 / TITAN A.E AC-3 and 1 or 2 others.

I really look forward to completing these purchases because this has now taken me the best part of 10 years with the Laserdisc format (love this format, as much now as when i did when i started in April 1998.

Sincere and kindest regards

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1090 Old 06-14-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx View Post

I still go to the local used book store in search of LDs. (Half price books)

Infact I just bought T2 CAV, alien CAV, aliens CAV, raging bull CAV criterion, and texas chainsaw massacure CE (with high defintion superscan transfer, what ever that means).all for 40 bucks..
All were in near mint condtion. As if they were played twice then stored..

So I'd say the format was great..

I got into LD after DVD oddly enough. I'm on my 3rd player so far. Upgrading every few years. I've got the CLD-D504 now. Nice little player for 40 bucks.

I want to get an 97 and a MUSE player at some point.

Hello homerx,

Good reading your thread friend.

I must admit ''when searching ebay i still come across half a douzen or so seller's that have many Laserdisc's that are brand new and unopened.

They all provide a good service ''as i have purchased from them'' the only thing of concern is the time it can take for the goods to arrive, but i am happy overall.

Lddb web site has a list of all the titles that suffered from disc rot, so i check this against those that i am still looking for.

Have just in the last few days received 4 titles from the USA (new, Unopened.) SNEAKERS W/S D SURROUND / RELIC AC-3 W/S / GODZILLA 1998 AC-3 W/S AND FAR AND AWAY W/S D SURROUND.

You got a good deal with your titles friend.

Good to hear from you and look forward to keeping in touch, even thou i am a stranger to you.

P.s Keep your hopes up friend about the Pioneer Elite CLD 97 and the Muse players ''i am sure you will have them at some piont''

The good news is that Pioneer have said that they will provide servicing of the hardware for some years to come.

Also there are a number of people out there that have back up players that have not been used. (these come up for sale on occasion on ebay ''i kid you not''

Take good care and again stay in touch.

Genuine regards

post #183 of 1090 Old 06-14-2007, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Knocksville TN, capitol por republica de Polezannia
Liked: 12
Christopher, I can help you out with a few Japanese LD's. I have a copy of U-571 that I don't need. I mean, I have it on D-Theater and HD-DVD at this point. If The Sixth Day was a bo-bo, and should'a been The Sixth Sense, I'd part with that one too. PM me if you want. I have about 25 Japanese NTSC LD's. There might be a few more I'd part with....???

I own two of the Squeez LD's, Cliffhanger and T2 THX. Cliffhanger has it's problem scenes with edge "enhancement" in overdrive in some scenes. T2 THX is the purr-fect LD as far as I'm concerned. I've seen several of the others and none of 'em approached T2.

Best wishes!

In real life I am Dot Mongur champion of the International Pacman Federation. I don't play the game, I operate it.....no dot is safe from me....

post #184 of 1090 Old 06-14-2007, 07:50 PM

Liked: 44
Quote:

Christopher, I can help you out with a few Japanese LD's. I have a copy of U-571 that I don't need. I mean, I have it on D-Theater and HD-DVD at this point. If The Sixth Day was a bo-bo, and should'a been The Sixth Sense, I'd part with that one too. PM me if you want. I have about 25 Japanese NTSC LD's. There might be a few more I'd part with....???

I own two of the Squeez LD's, Cliffhanger and T2 THX. Cliffhanger has it's problem scenes with edge "enhancement" in overdrive in some scenes. T2 THX is the purr-fect LD as far as I'm concerned. I've seen several of the others and none of 'em approached T2.

Best wishes!

Hi Rachael

Do you know off the top of your head the titles that were released in the "Squeezed " format? (anamorphic transfer)

I remember The Fugitive, you have listed 2 more in your post. Any others?

Lee
post #185 of 1090 Old 06-14-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:

Best wishes!

Hello Rachael,

Sorry for the late reply! as i have just returned to my desk.

Time here is now 05:32

The Japanese version of U-571 AC-3 W/S YES PLEASE!!!! how much would you want for this and are you sure you would want to part with this??

I have THE SIXTH SENSE but thankyou.

Look forward to hearing from you.

I shall be going home at 06:20 approx, but shall return tonight at 18:00 approx and shall reply then.

Thanks Rachael kindest regards

post #186 of 1090 Old 06-14-2007, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Christopher, you have mail, well, a PM....

In real life I am Dot Mongur champion of the International Pacman Federation. I don't play the game, I operate it.....no dot is safe from me....

post #187 of 1090 Old 06-15-2007, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Hi Rachael

Do you know off the top of your head the titles that were released in the "Squeezed " format? (anamorphic transfer)

I remember The Fugitive, you have listed 2 more in your post. Any others?

There's a complete list here:

http://www.mindspring.com/~laserguru/squeeze.html

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #188 of 1090 Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

There's a complete list here:

http://www.mindspring.com/~laserguru/squeeze.html

Thanks for the link!

A handful . . . as I remember. And some were given away if you bought a 16x9 Toshiba (I think it was) CRT TV.
post #189 of 1090 Old 06-15-2007, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the link!

A handful . . . as I remember. And some were given away if you bought a 16x9 Toshiba (I think it was) CRT TV.

All the 16 x 9 sets and Pioneer's 16 x 10 set, well, they were all CRT, rear projection. Toshiba ran ads for their's in Stereo Review.

post #190 of 1090 Old 06-15-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Christopher, you have mail, well, a PM....

Hello Rachael,

Thank you for your message ''very much appreciated''

Kind regards
post #191 of 1090 Old 06-18-2007, 07:56 AM

Hi Rachael,

I have sent you a PM also, I would be interested in the SS LD if Christopher is not....

Kindest Regards,

K-E-M
post #192 of 1090 Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
think i got a few LD's also if anyone's interested. some of the titles i remember having include jurassic park, yanni at acropolis, and one of the animal documentaries on predators.
post #193 of 1090 Old 06-18-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

think i got a few LD's also if anyone's interested. some of the titles i remember having include jurassic park, yanni at acropolis, and one of the animal documentaries on predators.

Hello jkcheng,

Sorry for the late reply,

If you could compile a list of the laserdisc's you have for sale, i will have a look and let you know if there are any of your titles i would like to own.

Hope you do not mind me asking?

Look forward to hearing from yourself.

Sincere regards

post #194 of 1090 Old 06-18-2007, 05:18 PM

I still remember my dad's LD player that had an automatic flip to B side button.

LD was definitely cool, but I would argue it's not really a success. I mean I would compare them to ZIP disks. Definitely cool, way better than floppies, but never really reached mass market, and wasn't ubiquitous.
post #195 of 1090 Old 07-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It wasn't always so idylic back then for me. I had a couple of harassers. One was rather minor but the other one nearly drove me away. He, I presume, was atleast a mild psychopath. I was actually worried he'd show up at my house. He got banned several tmes but kept sneaking back in.

I concur that, generally, the decorum was better back then though. I, too, tire from this combative excrement too. I wish folks would smart-up and unleash their wrath against the deserving parties, the various studios, instead of each other! I actually think that the fur-mat war is absolutely necessary and benefical. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning". However, we have way too many members that view themselves, apparently, as format ninjas....

Another thang, the forum got way, way bigger. So, there's more good and more bad. Thanks for the kind words!

Nice to see that you are still around Rachael!

Well my opinion about what has happened with AVS can be found here .

The tread got closed rather quick

BR /// Rob
post #196 of 1090 Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher054 View Post

Muse titles that i am interested in are : Lawrence of Arabia / Close Encounters / A Few Good Men / Chaplin / Stargate / Jurassic Park / A League of their own, and a couple of others (i only aim to purchase about 6 to 8 titles, tops.)

Are you sure you're only aiming for 6-8 and not 16? I could consider selling my collection of 16 discs including the ones you mention (except Chaplin). I throw in a HLD-X9 in mint condition and 2 MSC-4000 decoders free of charge!

The fact is that the machine should have less then 100 hours of total usage. I didn't really plan to sell it, but let's face it, it's a pity that such a nice player is just collecting dust and is not used at all! Maybe it's better of with a new enthusiastic owner

BR /// Rob
post #197 of 1090 Old 07-17-2007, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrob View Post

Nice to see that you are still around Rachael!

Well my opinion about what has happened with AVS can be found here .

The tread got closed rather quick

It's nice to bump into you bmwrob! The tail end of LD and early days of DVD were fairly good, tranquil times for us. You were looking around for a HLD-X0 for me at one point, remember in the corners of your mind...? That must of been about 2002...? I peaked at just 15 Muse LD's and never bought an HLD-X0. I moved on to the new HD formats instead. I got the D-Theater tapes, and stille make my own, before the little wed and blu 5 inch ones that are so bandied about....I looked at your thread and saw the sharks and piranhas, aye.... ....any piece of meat will do! Sorry, I've been there done that at another thread....

This dark age will end when the format king takes his bride or a decent, cheap uni explodes upon the scene....who knows, who cares! .....I know I've quit caring what happens. It's gonna soon be put in joe sexpack's hands to see what, if annything.... .....happens? Advertising has picked up in Estados Unidos....si? I've seen Toshiba's ads even on non-all HD channels. Blu has advertised on HD Net more than Toshiba.

Meanwhile, I stille play some LD's on my pair of 9's...S9 & X9. I've played Ruggles Of Red Gap, It Came From Hollywood, First Family, Sixth Sense (Japan), X-Men (Japan).....just lately. Best wishes from Laserland!

post #198 of 1090 Old 07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone remember Pioneer LaserActive?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_LaserActive
post #199 of 1090 Old 07-17-2007, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter67 View Post

Anyone remember Pioneer LaserActive?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_LaserActive

There was a record chain store that I frequented back then that had LD's and even a few LA discs in stock. Funny thing is, whilst there, sometimes I played a golf game on a CD-I display that was in this store for years. I never saw any local retailer stock the LA player or demo it, none of 'em. It seems like it's one brief, brief subformat. I remember seeing the players in J & R Music Wworld catalogs. That's the closest I've ever been to one!

post #200 of 1090 Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 PM

Anyone have screenshots up close and far away of both formats?
post #201 of 1090 Old 07-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's nice to bump into you bmwrob! The tail end of LD and early days of DVD were fairly good, tranquil times for us. You were looking around for a HLD-X0 for me at one point, remember in the corners of your mind...? That must of been about 2002...?

That's right it must have been around 2002. Back then Hong Kong was flooded with X9s. The X0 was rarer. I do remember that I found a few X0, but they were in a condition you wouldn't have liked. There was another problem with the X0 and that was the weight of the machine itself. The HK post office had a limit of 25kg if I remember right. As a shipped X0 would exceed that, the only option then was to ship it with DHL or FedEx, which would be very costly 

I believe you also remember tkchan from Hong Kong? I never forget when he demoed the MUSE disc Ordinary Europe on his X0. Prior to that I had tried to convince myself not to go for MUSE due to the enormous cost of the discs. Well after the demo it was too late, I got addicted to MUSE (and also very poor). The first disc I bought was Dances with Wolves. I believe I paid almost $400 for it. When my wife saw the receipt she thought I was crazy paying so much money for a movie I have already seen. I never dared to tell her that the price was actually in U$ and not in HK$ as she thought...

I found this old picture on my PC. It's taken from my living room in HK in January 2003. It shows back then three of my 9s! Later on one of the X9, went to an AVS member in Sweden and the S9 went to the states.

I left HK 2004 and moved to Thailand. Thailand is not such an AV nirvana as HK, but it's actually not too bad. We even already have BluRay discs with Thai subtitles!

I still have three LD players here in Bangkok. One I actually bought in Thailand -96 (DVL-9). Then I have the X9 of course. Maybe the most interesting player is another DVL-9. A colleague of mine won it at a lottery his company had. It was a grey import from Japan and as it was a 100 Volt he couldn't use it he said. When he left HK he gave it to me for free. It has never been used or even unpacked!

BR /// Rob
post #202 of 1090 Old 07-22-2007, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Nice pic's bmwrob! I actually have three nines too if you count my CLD-99... Even I don't like to count it as a real 9. ....more like an 8.5 .

post #203 of 1090 Old 07-23-2007, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

LD was the balls, man. It gave us digital audio, commentary tracks, the very idea of a special edition, all sorts of good stuff. At a time when 90% of people didn't even know what the hell widescreen was, people who really cared about movies and were willing to shell out the money for them were catered to extremely well by LD.

And I gotta say, it was before my time (I bought up some LDs and a player after DVD was released) but I kind of romanticize the days when the superior format was a niche thing and not a widespread phenomenon. So only the people who really cared had director's cuts of movies like Aliens and T2 and whatnot. Your average jackass only had the tape and probably had no clue that longer, recut versions of his favorite movies existed. For that reason, the LD releases of special editions were really designed to cater to film buffs, and I think that made them better (case in point: the fairly dramatic difference in relevance of the Criterion Collection on LD and on DVD), because the disc content wasn't basically being produced like it was a commercial designed to appeal to every assclown in America.

It's also an interesting format because there was so much divergence from the standard over time (inclusion of CLV, AC-3, DTS, MUSE, y/c filters in players) ... it was kind of like the wild west of home entertainment, and that definitely made it really hobbyist-friendly.

On the down-side, most of the even remotely affordable hardware was buggy and prone to annoying performance problems (especially if you wanted a self-flipping player...)

And, I mean, honestly: Big disc jackets are the sh*t.

I'm actually kind of hoping that Blu Ray and/or HD-DVD eventually becomes a similar kind of niche. I think that may happen, given how enduringly happy with DVD virtually all consumers currently are, and a widespread lack of understanding about the differences between DVD and the other formats. If most folks don't opt to buy an HD optical format, companies will know that if they want to sell, they have to cater to enthusiasts, and that, I think, would lead to a more tech-savvy, more film-buff-centric format. Sure, it'd be a bit more expensive, but, well, I'd be happy to pay a premium to have a format that caters more to me than to J6P, and you really don't have that with DVD at all.

"There's a... big machine in the sky... Some sort of... electric snake. It's headed right for us..."
"Shoot it."
"Not yet. I want to study its habits."
post #204 of 1090 Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tteich View Post

I also prefer the LDs over DVDs. This is probably due to the great packaging of the SW SE, having a box looking like the death-star :-) , nice LD jackets, poster, and the great George Lucas book. A must have for the SW fan.

Regarding LD: there were probably more than 40.000 titles released on LD over the 25! years the format existed. Almost non-existent in Europe (except for a few thousand titles released in France and GB) it was widespread in the US and Japan. The last LD was pressed in 2001 I think, and many enthusiasts feel sorrow that not at least one single production line was kept to produce small runs of very rare and fast deteriorating discs.

I started collecting LDs probably 3 years ago which some of you could consider "crazy" given that the format was already dead at that time, but I enjoy the analog look of the uncompressed picture, and the great sound, if present in DD or DTS. I've collected 250 titles of all genres and I'm still buying titles.

Interestingly there existed a small number of Highdefinition-LDs (MUSE HiVision) --- around 100 titles. Picture format was 1920x1035i/60Hz. I own 39 of them and they look really nice on my HD-TV.

Here is a source for further reading: www.lddb.com

Hello tteich,

Have just read you thread about your preference with Laserdisc,

Titles produced in the US was about : 17,500. which finished December 1999 to early Jan 2000.

Titles produced in Japan was about : 37.000 which finished end of September 2001.

I have been collecting Laserdisc's since April 1998 and have in the last week recieved 11 titles from Japan. Julien Wilk Lddb

I am currently purchasing another 46 titles from Nicholas Santini, this will take another 5 months or less to complete, as i am also paying for an HLD X9 from a friend in the UK.

I love the laserdisc format for exactly the same reasons as you have described.
There is class about purchasing a laserdisc's that DVD / HD DVD or BLU-Ray just cannot match.

It's the handling of the disc's, the cover art, the exclusivity, the ELITE players and top Japanese Players especially CLD 95 / 97 / 99. LD S9 / DVL H9 / HLD X0 / HLD X9. Pioneer will be servicing these and other players for some years to come so there should not be any shortage of parts for a long time.

I am still looking for some rare Laserdisc titles : Japanese TITAN A.E. AC-3 / THE 6TH DAY AC-3 (have one copy reserved, but would like 1 more.) U-571 AC-3 (have 1 copy coming from the US from someone on this forum.) but would still like 1 more copy, and US version DARK CITY DTS (Looking for 2 copies.)

Keep in touch friend always good to hear from collectors.
I also enjoy the DVD and high def formats, although i am still waiting to purchase a pioneer Elite Blu-ray Player at some stage but what's the rush.

We all work hard for what we want.

Some people can keep striving for the next best thing and that's ok, but to keep selling software along the way is a waste of money and time.

I can understand going from VHS to DVD , as this was a large leap forward in picture and sound quality.

Laserdisc's Dolby Digital, DTS and aprox twice the picture quality (was a lot better than VHS anyway.)

Look forward to hearing from you friend.

Kindest regards

Mark

post #205 of 1090 Old 08-10-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsmith View Post

I never plan to replace many of the movies I own on LD. Too many memories there.

I just watched my Spartacus Criterion LD a few weeks ago. Holds up pretty well technically, the film itself is a masterpiece. I gather that the new HD DVD of the title is a disaster.

Hello friend,

Just read your thread and totally agree with your views ''and i mean totally''

I started the av hobby back in april 1998 and the laserdisc format was my favourite choice even then, but never thought it would still be my favourite now.

I enjoy DVDs as well, but it's still not the same, I love the LD format the cover art, the handling of the disc's and the players. Pioneer hardware are my favourite.

Your right about the memories aswell !! a lot of good memories for me to.

I have the criterion of spartacus have not watched this as of yet, the reason for this is because a friend sold me about 70 Laserdisc's last july and a CLD 99 as he was moving to Spain.

He looked after his collection and everything is mint condition, shall watch spartacus at some stage though.

Good reading friend Keep in touch

Genuine regards

post #206 of 1090 Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

It lasted almost 20 years. It had digital sound before the CD. It is still being used by Kodak in a mainframe computer image storage systems (CAV) as you could get 54,000 images per side with each their own frame #.

Seinfield was recorded onto LD in the last few years of the shows main run.

LS was available as HD-LD in Japan and was called Hi-Vision.

The first "enhanced for 16x9 TV's" was not DVD . . .it was LD (THE FUGITIVE)

If we had stuck with it instead of the "sexy" DVD we could have Super HDTV (2500x2000) instead of our normal 1920x1080 HDTV.

It brought attention to the P & S versus OAR issue (and with it brought the lovely black bars)

I have one LD left - Criterion CAV of BLADE RUNNER (out of about 800) and when BR comes to HiDef DVD, I am throwing the LD and the Sony POS 10000 LD player in the garbage.

SIDENOTE: LD was heralded as the highest consumer format available (425 lines) but that was not a truth. It was the highest playback format. Sony had introduced ED-BETA which was 500 lines.

I also believe that LD ushered in the birth of the big screen RPTV and started the actual trend of building HT's as a seperate room.

It served us VERY well both as a format and more important as a foundation to those formats that have followed like DVD and HiDef DVD.

Great post I still have all my Laserdisc collection and wish that it had made it instead of DVD's since we would be seeing even greater High Def if the media was still in use and replicating plants were all over the place instead of SD-DVD's..
post #207 of 1090 Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post

Great post I still have all my Laserdisc collection and wish that it had made it instead of DVD's since we would be seeing even greater High Def if the media was still in use and replicating plants were all over the place instead of SD-DVD's..

They were good days, that is for sure. I loved LD and would have stuck with it except I had gone to 1997 CES and in my travels I met up with Joe Kane (DVE fame) and we started talking about DVD. I explained my HT to him and he told me of the large improvement anamorphic transfers would make on my system.

I got home from Vegas and started selling LD's like crazy before the whole world did. Got $3 to $5 a piece for most in 50 title lots. All told I sold my collection for about $2500 . . . and it cost me about $15,000.00.

I really have two LD's left. BLADE RUNNER CAV Criterion Collection and an Image title never on DVD or even TV - a french imported animation movie called LIGHTYEARS - made in France but an all English soundtrack - no subtitles.

And I probably won't throw BR out because the artwork is so beautiful on the jacket - Syd Mead stuff.

Long Live Videoscope!
post #208 of 1090 Old 08-10-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Rachael:

No matter . . . I remember you very well. Not only with your knowledge of LD at the time many of us barely knew how to hook them up.

The forum has changed and with it some of the people who reside here. In the 4 years I was with AVS, I can count on one hand the number of times I was "insulted" out of almost 2500 posts, and i have a three fingered hand (only kidding).

I now have about 750 between this forum and another I go to www.HighDefForum.com which is a much smaller forum but has a lot of knowledge . . .and are wiilling to share their knowledge with anyone who asks nicely and will keep everything to either a debate or a discussion. Like it was back in 2000

So in the 750 odd posts i have been insulted about 200 times so one out of 4. Even when all I am offering is help.

Oh well . . glad to see you are alive and well and still typing in Spanish . . . which I STILL can't read!

Hello Lee,

I am a stranger, but have just read your thread and thought i would say hello.

Send me a message if you like, as it would good to hear from you.

I have been collecting Laserdisc's since April 1998 and am still collecting them,
Within the last 2 weeks i had a shipment from Japan of 11 titles.

I still have 46 titles reserved with Nicholas Santini in Japan, these should be paid for by January 2008.

Some of these titles are very rare.

Look forward to hearing from you

Genuine regards

P.S. I know what you mean about people being really nasty, i was a member of a site and the replies i had were very distastful.

post #209 of 1090 Old 08-10-2007, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Lee, you should of saved a few LD's with purr-dy covers to frame as album art.

post #210 of 1090 Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher054 View Post

Hello Lee,

I am a stranger, but have just read your thread and thought i would say hello.

Send me a message if you like, as it would good to hear from you.

I have been collecting Laserdisc's since April 1998 and am still collecting them,
Within the last 2 weeks i had a shipment from Japan of 11 titles.

I still have 46 titles reserved with Nicholas Santini in Japan, these should be paid for by January 2008.

Some of these titles are very rare.

Look forward to hearing from you

Genuine regards

P.S. I know what you mean about people being really nasty, i was a member of a site and the replies i had were very distastful.

Hi Chris:

I have seen you post sporadic posts on this thread. Always looking for people selling LD's and specific titles. Weren't you the one who also has a Hi-Vision system? If so I would love to know if you can compare the PQ to either an HD DVD, a BD or HD on Sky TV. Very curious how analog HD holds up to digital HD.

Just don't tell me you have Lawrence of Arabia on HD-LD . . please. It would break my heart to know someone (NOT ME!) is watching LOA in HD. IMO the finest movie ever made.

Would be nice to take a break from the format wars and post more on this thread. Re-live the "good old days"

NOTE: Thank you Supermans for reopening this thread. An oasis in the middle of the heat and dryness of the format war. What a great idea.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page