Philips DVP5982/37 1080P DivX Ultra - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1771 of 1775 Old 12-08-2010, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My DVP5982/37 is still doing great, but I spotted what looks like an updated version on Amazon for only $39, so I picked it up. It's the Philips DVP3560/F7 and it looks like an updated version (brought out in early 2010) of what I already have.

It hasn't been delivered yet, and I couldn't find a thread for it here, so I wondered if anyone here has any experience with that model.

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the south-western quadrant of the Greater Krum, TX  Metropolitan Area. 

73, K5ING (Jeff)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1775 Old 01-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I stumbled on this forum and thread today searching once again for the annoying problem about how the 5982 randomly lists files from a USB drive. I have to give a big thanks to madtadder for posting about FAT Sorter quite a few pages back in this thread. That little program worked like a charm and only took a few seconds to resort a 16GB drive.

I've had my 5982 for what seems like ages now, 3+ years, and I still love it, it still works perfect. It was just that annoying thing about not being to sort by filename that irked me into thinking about replacing it. Trying to watch episodes when you have no way to keep them in order was that annoying to me that I was ready to trash this unit.

But I had to register here just to give a big thanks for that info, I'm a happy camper again with my old trusty 5982. May it live another 3 years!

Edit: Blah, couldn't post links to the program or specific post in this thread, but just Google "FAT Sorter" and you'll find it probably first link on the page, and the original post with the links is on Page 55 in this thread about halfway down.
post #1773 of 1775 Old 01-01-2011, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post

I stumbled on this forum and thread today searching once again for the annoying problem about how the 5982 randomly lists files from a USB drive. I have to give a big thanks to madtadder for posting about FAT Sorter quite a few pages back in this thread. That little program worked like a charm and only took a few seconds to resort a 16GB drive.

I've had my 5982 for what seems like ages now, 3+ years, and I still love it, it still works perfect. It was just that annoying thing about not being to sort by filename that irked me into thinking about replacing it. Trying to watch episodes when you have no way to keep them in order was that annoying to me that I was ready to trash this unit.

But I had to register here just to give a big thanks for that info, I'm a happy camper again with my old trusty 5982. May it live another 3 years!

Edit: Blah, couldn't post links to the program or specific post in this thread, but just Google "FAT Sorter" and you'll find it probably first link on the page, and the original post with the links is on Page 55 in this thread about halfway down.

I still have my 5982 and it still works great. I've never noticed the ramdom file orders that you mentioned, but I think I know why it's doing it. It will put files on the USB drive in the order that they are put on. I've noticed that when I, for example, highlight 4 files to put on the stick, and use the last one I highlighted to 'right click' on to copy, it will put that one on first. The way to make sure this doesn't happen is to go up to the first one you highlighted, and right click that one to copy. Try this and see if it works.

As for the DVP3560 I mentioned in my previous post, I was right. It's basically an updated version of the 5982. It has some nice features, settings, and longer filenames for the USB drive too. One great thing is that you can put an audio CD into the drive, a blank USB stick into it's connection, hit one button on the remote, and it will rip the CD into MP3 files and put them on the stick.

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the south-western quadrant of the Greater Krum, TX  Metropolitan Area. 

73, K5ING (Jeff)

post #1774 of 1775 Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5ING View Post

I've never noticed the ramdom file orders that you mentioned, but I think I know why it's doing it. It will put files on the USB drive in the order that they are put on. I've noticed that when I, for example, highlight 4 files to put on the stick, and use the last one I highlighted to 'right click' on to copy, it will put that one on first. The way to make sure this doesn't happen is to go up to the first one you highlighted, and right click that one to copy. Try this and see if it works.

That trick usually works if you're copying just a few files, I just tried it. When I copy files to my USB drive though I'm usually copying as many as 30+ files, and it's not just a matter of last file being placed first... they can end up pretty well scattered and not transfer in any particular order as you would think they would be. Yes, I could copy them one by one, but that really takes way too much time to sit and wait watching for 30+ files to transfer to do manually that way rather than just copying/pasting 30 at once, walk away and come back when done.

So the FAT Sorter program worked out absolutely great and fast.
post #1775 of 1775 Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Just pulled this puppy out of the garage after almost 3 years of no activity. Never knew it was a divX player! It is taking the spot of the XBMC upgraded XBOX in the outdoor theater.

Are there no custom FW for this thing?

Mine is at 37.07.32.43...

Was there ever a source for 56.25?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)