What difference.... and why? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-15-2007, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok,

Just upgraded DVD players, from an older 480Pscan Sony (DVP-N655P I think) to a Yamaha DVD-C950. Both are 5 disc changers, the Yamaha is a 720P-1080i, whereas the Sony was only a 480P. I have always really liked the picture on the Sony but the Yamaha is by far superior as far as image quality, color etc. But what has literally floored me is the sound quality difference. As I have a very young son who likes his cartoons (Me too ) I have watched recently "Ice Age the Melt Down" and "Monsters Inc." more times than I care to mention. So believe me when I tell you I know all of the sounds in the movie very well (as I am sure a lot of you with young ones around do as well) but this player seems to bring out so very much more, full-bodied sound, and the surrounds have really come to life. With this being said, obviously it is the same DVD, but what does this Yamaha (or any other mid-line to high-end DVD player) have inside of them that makes this big of a difference? I mean we are talking night and day difference here. I would not have known that this big of a sound difference would have been possible, with this component upgrade. It is not like I went and bought a $1000-2000 player, but I am still in awe of the difference. The Sony was hooked up co-ax and the Yamaha is HDMI by the way. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page