post #1051 of 1057 Old 04-10-2012, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkan View Post

New FW V1.4 will play SACD-R

Thank you very much Hkan. Is there a way to add other things to this player as I suggested in my post above? This is such an incredible player...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1057 Old 06-23-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just got a good deal on a brand new one. Wanted mainly for sacd and dvd audio. just setting up for two channel direct or pure . Any updates anyone think is necessary and where could I find them and instructions for them. Thanks.

post #1053 of 1057 Old 06-24-2012, 06:00 PM

Liked: 14
I just bought a Rachel Podger......Antonio Vivaldi.....LaStravaganza 5.0 SACD.

It is outstanding to say the least but I am experiencing an issue with it. I am hearing a single irritating pop between tracks with the following firmwares.

7925A
8611A
8827A
STM 1.4

It looks to be a Pio problem as it plays without the pops on Onkyo DV-SP506.

My Sony BDP-S580 also has the "pops" with this DSD disc.

But the Onkyo and the Sony both pump 176.4 multichannel PCM to my Denon AVR-3312CI, so I really can't complain too much. The Onkyo has turned out to be quite a stellar performer for audio.
post #1054 of 1057 Old 09-28-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilly77 View Post

I just bought a Rachel Podger......Antonio Vivaldi.....LaStravaganza 5.0 SACD.

It is outstanding to say the least but I am experiencing an issue with it. I am hearing a single irritating pop between tracks with the following firmwares.

7925A
8611A
8827A
STM 1.4

It looks to be a Pio problem as it plays without the pops on Onkyo DV-SP506.

My Sony BDP-S580 also has the "pops" with this DSD disc.

But the Onkyo and the Sony both pump 176.4 multichannel PCM to my Denon AVR-3312CI, so I really can't complain too much. The Onkyo has turned out to be quite a stellar performer for audio.
It's been a long time since I've been here! Anyway, I believe that your Sony aso uses the MediaTek CPU. So this leads me to believe it to be an issue with the MediaTek CPU. While it makes sense to stick with a single-player solution for Blu-ray, there are times I miss my DV-58AV because of its speed and response. The Pioneer BDP-53FD didn't work out because it had a weak IR sensor. If you don't need multi-region compatibility, the Denon, Marantz, Oppo, Sony and Yamaha Blu-ray/SACD players are fantastic! If you know how to use IFOEdit, you can change Pal references to NTSC and click the Region Free button, burn the new DVDs to disc, and they will play fine. If you need Blu-ray, multi-region and SACD, I'd see if you can still grab a Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD. While I knew Blu-ray would make this thread inactive, I still can't believe that any of the Pioneer SD DVD threads have become inactive, considering how great these players are!
post #1055 of 1057 Old 11-01-2013, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone seen this unit for sale or willing to sell one?
post #1056 of 1057 Old 11-04-2013, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
This player was discontinued a few years ago, new in box and used ones show up on ebay from time to time though
post #1057 of 1057 Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 PM

Liked: 10
There are 36 pages to this topic, so excuse me if I'm asking a question that was already addressed.

I have a Pioneer DV-610AV, and I am also running a quad setup (4 channel) with no center and no subwoofer.

My problem is that DVD-A discs are missing vocals (The Doors Perception box set, for insance). I'm not sure if SACD and DTS are experiencing similar problems, because I only have one disc of each (Pink Floyd DSOTM SACD, and Queen: A Night at the Races DTS), and neither of those seem to have any vocal drop-out.

So my question is: Was there ever a solution for this? I'll go back to my Samsung HD-841 for SACD and DVD-A, but it can't play DTS. Plus the rest of my gear is Pioneer, so I was hoping the DV-610AV would work for me. If there's a way to fix this (some obscure setting or a bios update), please let me know.

Charles.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page