how do you rate the samsung dvd 1080p7 player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How do you rate the samsung dvd 1080p7 player to other dvd players. and are there any problems encountered. I have a analogue tv and am planing to buy a hdtv so at this time I cant judge the 720p or 1080p,or 1080I.

Is there a automatic power shut off after a certain time machine is left on and what problem does the new firmware fix. I also noticed that there is no information in the manual on how to get remote to operate the non samsung tv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-17-2007, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

I just bought the samsung 1080p7 dvd player which was manufactured 8/07. Do I have the latest firmware or at least the next to the latest firmware and how do I detemine what version I have in my machine. Since my machine was made in 8/07 will i have the freze ups
post #3 of 5 Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 AM

The firmware update was posted on Samsung's Service website on 24JULY07 so my guess is if manufactured after that date it will have the current version. It is stupid they post these firmware updates for us techs to use and don't even explain what they fix on the service site either.

When this unit first came out I was getting TONS of them where the door for the DVD tray was warpped and would cause it not to eject the tray, ever since the firmware was released I rarely see this issue now so maybe it fixed the intensity of the laser or some issue causing the DVD mechanism to overheat and warp the door

----------------------
Best Buy Tech
Specializing in HD DVD/BD/DVD players/recorders
post #4 of 5 Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My roommate just picked up a Samsung DVD-1080P7 really cheap. He is using it on a analog 31" Philips TV using component video and a coaxial digital cable for audio. The interlacing on it does not seem to be that great and the for some reason the audio sounds like the treble has been turned up. I have not had the chance to tell my roommate that the player is decoding and sending out the audio as pcm. The base seems to be poor and highs seems to be boosted.

Is there anyone here that has the Samsung DVD-1080P7 or knows anyone that has one? Have they noticed anything I have mentioned?

I am thinking about recommending that my roommate change the audio setting to let his receiver do the decoding. I believe it is doing something to the audio before it sends it out multi channel pcm.

I am just glad I get my cheapy back up player the he has been using for over 2 1/2 years, lmao.

Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!
post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2008, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post

How do you rate the samsung dvd 1080p7 player to other dvd players. and are there any problems encountered. I have a analogue tv and am planing to buy a hdtv so at this time I cant judge the 720p or 1080p,or 1080I.

Is there a automatic power shut off after a certain time machine is left on and what problem does the new firmware fix. I also noticed that there is no information in the manual on how to get remote to operate the non samsung tv

About the worse. Tried one, it froze up switching HDMI resolutions, only work around was to pull the power plug. Also poor upconversion, high amount of video artifacts at 1080P compared to Sony NS77 I tried next.

Oppo Beta Group
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page