Master Vudu discussion - place to talk about your Vudu experience - Page 66 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1951 of 1977 Old 09-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Member
 
CaseyH71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Webel View Post
http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2014-08/...oming-to-tivo/


Vudu is coming to TiVo, according to zats.
This would be great!
CaseyH71 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1952 of 1977 Old 09-09-2014, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Vudu is the first streaming service (announced) to get Dolby Atmos. Mentioned in the early part of this release whose focus is really on blu ray.

http://investor.dolby.com/releasedet...leaseID=869623

Quote:
Dolby Atmos movies will be available this fall on Blu-ray Disc™ and through leading content service provider VUDU, the first streaming service to announce support for Dolby Atmos films.

____________________

Build Thread: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".

Last edited by nathan_h; 09-09-2014 at 10:31 PM.
nathan_h is offline  
post #1953 of 1977 Old 09-10-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Vudu is the first streaming service (announced) to get Dolby Atmos. Mentioned in the early part of this release whose focus is really on blu ray.

http://investor.dolby.com/releasedet...leaseID=869623
Somewhat related to this story is an article on the TNW website titled 10 things you need to know about the Dolby Atmos home theatre system.

Quote:
Will there be streaming options?

That’s up to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and the rest of the companies that stream video to our homes. According to Dolby, a 5.1 audio stream takes up 384kKbps and an stream with Atmos meta-data takes up the same space. So all studios need to do is give the Netflix’s and Hulu’s of the world a new audio stream for their movies. Netflix told TNW it has “no plans at present” and Hulu and Amazon haven’t replied to our queries yet. But if Atmos gains wide adoption, expect them all to support the audio feature in the future.
http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2014/0...-sound-system/
nathan_h likes this.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Mr.G is offline  
post #1954 of 1977 Old 10-10-2014, 06:25 AM
Member
 
Nathan Webel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If this Amazon/UltraViolet partnership comes to pass, I wonder if my past Amazon digital purchases would show up in my Vudu account?

Wall Street Journal reporting that Amazon is in talks to join UltraViolet

Last edited by Nathan Webel; 10-10-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Nathan Webel is online now  
post #1955 of 1977 Old 10-23-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Is the PS3 app now able to bitstream DD+ on a download HDX file? I know a year or two ago, you had to use LPCM because it could not do it, but I thought I read in late May 2013 that DD+ was finally coming to be bitstreamed to the Vudu app.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #1956 of 1977 Old 10-23-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Webel View Post
If this Amazon/UltraViolet partnership comes to pass, I wonder if my past Amazon digital purchases would show up in my Vudu account?

Wall Street Journal reporting that Amazon is in talks to join UltraViolet
I wish they'd hurry up with a download service for movies that allowed great PQ and lossless audio. Some of us stuck on 6mbps DSL or worse, with no end in site.

Maybe HEVC will fix this...

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #1957 of 1977 Old 10-26-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I wish they'd hurry up with a download service for movies that allowed great PQ and lossless audio. Some of us stuck on 6mbps DSL or worse, with no end in site.

Maybe HEVC will fix this...
Not sure who "they" is, but there is one service that has this (Kaleidescape) for purchases but not rentals.

I agree that the lack of good downloading options is a drag! I put together a list of the devices and services that offer it, in a separate thread. In short, Apple comes closest in my opinion, to what you want, in the rental space. For purchases, it's Kaleidescape, but obviously the price of entry is pretty substantial.

____________________

Build Thread: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".

Last edited by nathan_h; 10-26-2014 at 09:31 AM.
nathan_h is offline  
post #1958 of 1977 Old 10-26-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Not sure who "they" is, but there is one service that has this (Kaleidescape) for purchases but not rentals.

I agree that the lack of good downloading options is a drag! I put together a list of the devices and services that offer it, in a separate thread. In short, Apple comes closest in my opinion, to what you want, in the rental space. For purchases, it's Kaleidescape, but obviously the price of entry is pretty substantial.

They is everyone in movie streaming, including the studios.

Vudu started with download only, and did nothing more to improve it (Vudu HDX downloads started in 2008...). Amazon obviously allows download of TV shows and movies, but... Now I know this is not all on Vudu, but once again a groundbreaking product is released, and treads water.

I never even mention Kaleidescape because of what their hardware costs. I simple box to handle 1080p/24 output as well as DTSHD and Master is all that is needed, you could supply your on external HDD. I mean you want me to spend several thousand dollars to buy a device that just downloads a ripped blu-ray?

To be honest, one should be able to own a simple device setup like a blu-ray player, that doesnt not have an optical drive, that can download a blu-ray file (with lossless audio) for a decent price. The hardware needed is not pricey, and the movies could be $10. Good for the environment, good for people that can't stream well, and move is owned and can't be shared among registered devices.

The movie industry is worse than the record industry at this point. The 30 day waits and removal of lossless audio on rentals just proves that.

There is no cost effective way for someone to own blu-ray quality downloadable files, and they wonder why people pirate and rip movies.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #1959 of 1977 Old 10-26-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
They is everyone in movie streaming, including the studios.

Vudu started with download only, and did nothing more to improve it (Vudu HDX downloads started in 2008...). Amazon obviously allows download of TV shows and movies, but... Now I know this is not all on Vudu, but once again a groundbreaking product is released, and treads water.

I never even mention Kaleidescape because of what their hardware costs. I simple box to handle 1080p/24 output as well as DTSHD and Master is all that is needed, you could supply your on external HDD. I mean you want me to spend several thousand dollars to buy a device that just downloads a ripped blu-ray?

To be honest, one should be able to own a simple device setup like a blu-ray player, that doesnt not have an optical drive, that can download a blu-ray file (with lossless audio) for a decent price. The hardware needed is not pricey, and the movies could be $10. Good for the environment, good for people that can't stream well, and move is owned and can't be shared among registered devices.

The movie industry is worse than the record industry at this point. The 30 day waits and removal of lossless audio on rentals just proves that.

There is no cost effective way for someone to own blu-ray quality downloadable files, and they wonder why people pirate and rip movies.
I agree it would be nice to be able to rent, via download, lossless audio and actual blu-ray video (not just "HD").

It seems everyone is moving away from that model. For a Home Theater setup (ie, not a mobile device or computer) Amazon only offers download rentals on Tivo (big initial and ongoing expense), Vudu on PS3, etc. From what I can see, Apple is the best bet -- and the only one that is continuing to invest in the downloadable rental model. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Amazon pull Tivo support at some point, and Vudu to stop supporting the PS3 download option.

Which is to say: The options are moving in the OTHER direction, away from downloading rentals at all.

____________________

Build Thread: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
nathan_h is offline  
post #1960 of 1977 Old 10-26-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 749
VUDU does allow downloads of rentals (or at least they once did) to a very small subset of devices, one of them being PS3 and presumably PS4. (I recall that another was a strange old LG BDP with a built in HDD).

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
post #1961 of 1977 Old 10-26-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,913
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
I agree it would be nice to be able to rent, via download, lossless audio and actual blu-ray video (not just "HD").

It seems everyone is moving away from that model. For a Home Theater setup (ie, not a mobile device or computer) Amazon only offers download rentals on Tivo (big initial and ongoing expense), Vudu on PS3, etc. From what I can see, Apple is the best bet -- and the only one that is continuing to invest in the downloadable rental model. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Amazon pull Tivo support at some point, and Vudu to stop supporting the PS3 download option.

Which is to say: The options are moving in the OTHER direction, away from downloading rentals at all.
Amazon support on TiVo is actually expanding. Within the next few weeks they will have an Amazon Prime streaming app for TiVo. As well as a Vudu streaming app for TiVo too.

Now whether Amazon keeps a download option, or Vudu will have a download option is another story. Worst case I could dust off one of my three Vudu boxes I got seven years ago for downloads. But it would only be in DD instead of DD+.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #1962 of 1977 Old 10-26-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Yeah, streaming support is great and expanding on nearly every platform, for nearly service.

Download support is the issue. I have no doubt that more and more streaming options will appear, and there be more and more support.

But for those of us that want higher quality or have imperfect internet, downloading is preferable: higher video bitrates, lossless audio, no buffering, etc. I think the last time Vudu offered downloading on a NEW home theater platform was about four years, Fall 2010, when the PS app appeared. They've added many other devices since then, but none appear to support downloading of rentals.

____________________

Build Thread: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
nathan_h is offline  
post #1963 of 1977 Old 10-26-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 749
I'm sure that the wishes of their content providers is a big factor. They don't particularly like downloading DRM protected rental because they're afraid that the DRM will be broken and the file put up for free download. Of course, the same thing is true of purchased downloads but at least someone paid full price.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
post #1964 of 1977 Old 10-31-2014, 10:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 749
TiVo Roamio just got a VUDU streaming app. It's the classic common VUDU UI, not the new one on PS3, which I don't particularly care for. It has 24 Hz output of 24p encoded titles, which makes it the best of several devices with VUDU players. The only others with 24Hz output, WD TV Live and Panasonic DMP-BDT220 BDP, are awkward and inconvenient to use, with slow startup (an AVR, my TiVo is always running). They added an Amazon Prime streamer as well, also now my favorite, since it's 1080 capable with 24Hz output and DD+ sound, which none of my other Amazon streamers has. Since Netflix, Amazon, VUDU and Hulu Plus are my most used streaming video services my Roku 3 is going to start collecting dust .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
post #1965 of 1977 Old 11-01-2014, 01:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
undecided's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,554
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
It has 24 Hz output of 24p encoded titles, which makes it the best of several devices with VUDU players. The only others with 24Hz output, WD TV Live and Panasonic DMP-BDT220 BDP, are awkward and inconvenient to use, with slow startup (an AVR, my TiVo is always running).
My 2009 LG BD390 Blu-Ray player has 24 Hz output of Vudu 24p encoded titles and continues to look great. On Blu-Ray, Vudu and Netflix it detects 24P sources and switches output correctly between P24 and P60 (Netflix unfortunately is only 720P) - but for Vudu and Blu-Ray it is all I use.
undecided is offline  
post #1966 of 1977 Old 11-01-2014, 02:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
My 2009 LG BD390 Blu-Ray player has 24 Hz output of Vudu 24p encoded titles and continues to look great. On Blu-Ray, Vudu and Netflix it detects 24P sources and switches output correctly between P24 and P60 (Netflix unfortunately is only 720P) - but for Vudu and Blu-Ray it is all I use.
TiVo also switches automatically, which neither TV Live or my BDT220 can do. TV Live can output 24p all of the time (converting anything else to 24p, like 25p British television), BDT220 can be set to output BD at 24p automatically, but you have to bring up a submenu and enable it for streaming sources every time you fire one up (as well as have the global setting on). TiVo outputs 24p at 24Hz and anything else at 60Hz.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
post #1967 of 1977 Old 11-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Member
 
Nathan Webel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just announced: Disney Movies Anywhere is coming to Vudu!


http://www.cnet.com/news/disney-movi...oming-to-vudu/


Vudu seems to be positioning themselves to be the one digital locker to rule them all.
Nathan Webel is online now  
post #1968 of 1977 Old 11-16-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Webel View Post
Just announced: Disney Movies Anywhere is coming to Vudu!


http://www.cnet.com/news/disney-movi...oming-to-vudu/


Vudu seems to be positioning themselves to be the one digital locker to rule them all.
Wow! Great news - or at least I hope it works out as imagined.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Mr.G is offline  
post #1969 of 1977 Old 11-16-2014, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Sign up for Disney Movies Anywhere and you get a free copy of Wreck It Ralph. You can only attach your iTunes and/or Google Play accounts so far--VUDU hasn't been added yet.
michaeltscott is offline  
post #1970 of 1977 Old 11-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Member
 
Nathan Webel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Sign up for Disney Movies Anywhere and you get a free copy of Wreck It Ralph. You can only attach your iTunes and/or Google Play accounts so far--VUDU hasn't been added yet.

Apparently, it goes live this Tuesday, Nov. 18, and the word on the street is that the free movie to link DMA to Vudu will be Meet the Robinsons.
Nathan Webel is online now  
post #1971 of 1977 Old 11-16-2014, 03:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Webel View Post
Apparently, it goes live this Tuesday, Nov. 18, and the word on the street is that the free movie to link DMA to Vudu will be Meet the Robinsons.

Hmm. I already connected my account to Google Play and got Wreck-It Ralph. Will I get a new freebie for connecting my VUDU account? No matter--I vastly prefer Wreck-It Ralph to Meet the Robinsons. I doubt that I'd ever watch it if they did give it to me.

I connected it to my iTunes account (which I just had for buying the occasional MP3s from iTunes, not having any actual iDevices). I could not do this using Win8 Chrome; it wants to open the iTunes app within a browser window--the app is running separately but displaying its window in a browser tab--and Chrome apparently couldn't do it. Firefox could. Wreck-It Ralph now appears in my purchases--I had to download it to watch as the iTunes app didn't give me an option to stream, though it did have playback after a small amount was down. It has an AC3 track but when I try to select it it will not play, so it's still not a way to play the thing with digital surround (no doubt that I could do so on Apple TV). Oh well--it's only a couple of days til Tuesday.

It's interesting that it allows you to connect your DWA account to one account per retailer at a time (Google, Apple, etc); if you want to remove that connection and connect to another account with the same retailer, you have to wait 6 months. I suppose this prevents you from disconnecting your iTunes account, connecting someone else's then re-connecting yours later after they've watched something out of your library.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill

Last edited by michaeltscott; 11-16-2014 at 10:41 PM.
michaeltscott is offline  
post #1972 of 1977 Old 11-18-2014, 03:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Connected my Disney Watch Anywhere account to my VUDU account and now my complementary film, Wreck-It Ralph is in my VUDU collection in beautiful 9 Mbps HDX with DD+ 5.1 sound . Score! It's also still available in my iTunes and Google Play video collections but VUDU is by far the better way to play it.

I did not get a new complementary title and it looks like Wreck-It Ralph is what you get for connecting your first retailer account to your Disney account.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
post #1973 of 1977 Old 11-18-2014, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 119
^^^ Same here. Worked like a charm. Got the Wreck-It-Ralph movie plus it ported over 4 other movies I had on DMA.

Tron Legacy
Toy Story 3
John Carter
The Incredibles

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Mr.G is offline  
post #1974 of 1977 Old 11-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Member
 
calculon68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I loved Wreck it Ralph. That's a great freebie movie.

FYI, Wreck it Ralph did not carry to my other UV portals. I use Flixster on the tablet, and the title does not appear there. So apparently it's a strictly on VUDU only. (or GooglePlay, iTunes)
calculon68 is offline  
post #1975 of 1977 Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
^^^ Same here. Worked like a charm. Got the Wreck-It-Ralph movie plus it ported over 4 other movies I had on DMA.

Tron Legacy
Toy Story 3
John Carter
The Incredibles
Finding Nemo
My initial excitement has waned somewhat since the DMA/VUDU alliance does nothing for titles that are not UV enabled.

I share my VUDU collection with my two daughters who live in other cities, at this point some 218 movies. Without UltraViolet's inclusion in this deal there is no way these Disney titles are going to show up in the collection they see on their end.

It's probably a minor point for some but a major disappointment for me.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Mr.G is offline  
post #1976 of 1977 Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Member
 
huskerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
My initial excitement has waned somewhat since the DMA/VUDU alliance does nothing for titles that are not UV enabled.

I share my VUDU collection with my two daughters who live in other cities, at this point some 218 movies. Without UltraViolet's inclusion in this deal there is no way these Disney titles are going to show up in the collection they see on their end.

It's probably a minor point for some but a major disappointment for me.
You're not alone. Just joining UV would have been alot better for the consumer...
huskerbear is offline  
post #1977 of 1977 Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
I share my VUDU collection with my two daughters who live in other cities, at this point some 218 movies. Without UltraViolet's inclusion in this deal there is no way these Disney titles are going to show up in the collection they see on their end.

The only way that they can view them is by logging onto your VUDU account. Or, if they had Apple TV you could connect their iTunes account to your DWA account.

This plan is not created to facilitate sharing. If you disconnect a "retailer" account from your DWA account you have to wait 180 days before connecting a different account, which would keep you from disconnecting your account, connecting a friend's account and reconnecting your account after your friend is done viewing your library. Disney is not the most generous company; the ability to easily share a UV library is probably a reason why they didn't join.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off