147Likes

post #6481 of 6482 Old Today, 02:06 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Brian's post above mentioned Blacklist. I watched an episode on Netflix 4k this afternoon.

A lot of the Netflix 4k isn't better than Super HD or Blu Ray. However, the Blacklist episode was superb. Especially outside scenes, in good light, were obviously clearer, better video than what I get with Blu Ray on my OPPO 103D. Many of the posters on the Samsung 4k threads had been praising Netflix for this series. If I were trying to sell 4k displays with streaming video, it's definitely what I would show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6482 of 6482 Old Today, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
Brian's post above mentioned Blacklist. I watched an episode on Netflix 4k this afternoon.

A lot of the Netflix 4k isn't better than Super HD or Blu Ray. However, the Blacklist episode was superb. Especially outside scenes, in good light, were obviously clearer, better video than what I get with Blu Ray on my OPPO 103D. Many of the posters on the Samsung 4k threads had been praising Netflix for this series. If I were trying to sell 4k displays with streaming video, it's definitely what I would show.
I watch Blacklist on NBC using Directv as my carrier and although it may not compete with some BD's, surprisingly it offers some of the best picture quality I have seen. This can probably be attributed more to an exceptional video master, and transfers, which produce very contrasty, detailed pictures, then to differences in static video resolution. With an ample amount of bandwidth, it will look great, even in 1080p.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

Last edited by mailiang; Today at 03:58 PM.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page