post #6601 of 6602 Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
Errrr we still don't have the blacklist in 4k on Netflix in Canada, might have to trick them into thinking I'm American to view this

I am in the States, but I use a DNS spoofing service to travel the Netflix world . May I suggest Unblock-US.com or the cheaper and probably just as good AdFreeTime.com. Both are Canadian companies.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6602 of 6602 Old Today, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
I don't agree, I just watch Need forSpeed over iTunes HD and I forgot that it wasn't bluray, it's gotten this good. I thought House of Cards in 4k on Netflix looked better than Bluray, have you seen this yet?. My biggest hold back was audio... I've spent some good coin on my HT and if I feel Bluray has a noticeable advantage over streaming I'll stick with it, but with Cinemanow upping the game with DTS HD, which DTS says one won't Beable to tell the difference between the streaming and Bluray disc this will be killer to Bluray. I'm going to buy a player with the cineamnow app so I can test this and see if the audio streaming now matches that of the Bluray and if it does I'm going streaming.
Sorry, I assumed you were talking about 1080p streams. That being said, at normal viewing distances it's very close, but it also depends on what TV's you are using as a comparison. Since PDP technology is usually more faithful to film, a BD displayed on a set like the Panasonic VT or ZT 60 will most likely satisfy my personal tastes more then most Ultra LCD's displaying a 4k stream. According to the ISF, resolution is the least important specification when it comes to over all picture quality, so to get the best video experience, a lot of other factors have to come into play.

https://www.avforums.com/article/is-...-blu-ray.10589

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

Last edited by mailiang; Today at 10:13 AM.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page