Netflix streaming quality - Page 246 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 296Likes
post #7351 of 7358 Unread Today, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddice View Post
Netflix testing pre-roll ads for there originals.
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/06...next-tv-binge/

I better not see this crap. Bad enough they shrink the credit's promoting there MA rated original crap at the end of some family, PG movies and TV shows that have a PG rating when I finished the series. I better not see no stupid pre-roll MA rated Netflix original crap trailers while when I want to watch programs like Leverage, Psych or X-Files. This will make me call Netflix and cancel the service before they get a mouth full from me.
please spare yourself the irritating aggravation that this has caused you for years or will constantly cause you and cancel now. it will make you happier and it will spare all of us the repetitive aggravation that this will bring us.

Ill do some work for you, here are family friendly streaming service that doesnt have "MA rated crap" as you eloquently tell us over and over and over again:

http://www.hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com/Home?NodeID=27

https://www.sesamestreetgo.com/

https://www.joelosteen.com/Pages/WatchOnline.aspx

http://www.nick.com/
Gary J and mgkdragn like this.

Cord Cutter | OTA - NYC DMA - TiVo Roamio - 3 TiVo Mini's | Plex Pass | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | NBA via Ballstreams, MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7352 of 7358 Unread Today, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
please spare yourself the irritating aggravation that this has caused you for years or will constantly cause you and cancel now. it will make you happier and it will spare all of us the repetitive aggravation that this will bring us.

Ill do some work for you, here are family friendly streaming service that doesnt have "MA rated crap" as you eloquently tell us over and over and over again:

http://www.hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com/Home?NodeID=27

https://www.sesamestreetgo.com/

https://www.joelosteen.com/Pages/WatchOnline.aspx

http://www.nick.com/
Sesame Street Go is my favorite!

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #7353 of 7358 Unread Today, 09:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post

Ill do some work for you, here are family friendly streaming service that doesnt have "MA rated crap" as you eloquently tell us over and over and over again

Gary J likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #7354 of 7358 Unread Today, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Comparing Netflix and Amazon to Hulu+ and VUDU. The first two ramp up so the first half minute is often in low-res. Hulu+ makes you sit there with "Loading" in the upper corner (at least on the app on my BD player) but starts out at full resolution. Obviously they prefer to fill the buffer at full resolution than ramp up. Same with VUDU. You're paying for HDX so you better see it the first frame.

That said, the pre-rolls on Netflix would be a way to fill the buffer so your selected title could start out at full HD rather than ramp up.
post #7355 of 7358 Unread Today, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I never watch anything MA rated sorry but I hate constant swearing and sex. What gets me if they start showing pre-rolls for MA rated originals when I watch unrelated shows like they do now with their post play garbage I will complain. I might not have to worry about seeing a pre-roll original promo anyway as I think only originals show promo's for other originals and since I never watch the adult originals (just kids originals like Richie Rich, Puss & Boots and King Julian which they will most likely not show adult original pre-rolls during those shows) so I don't have to worry about.

Sorry for the rant anyway. For those who want to watch them that just don't shove them in my face even after I rated all of them not interested which means I have no interest don't show it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-02_144430.png
Views:	3
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	752081  

EarthLink Extreme powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn.
ASUS RT-N66W Router 374.43 (Merlin Build) 208.67.222.220, 8.8.4.4.
Toshiba 39L2300U (My Bedroom) - Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Sony BDPS5200, Sony PS4.
Toshiba 32RV530U (Living Room) - Amazon Fire TV, Sony PS3 Slim.
Cats are the best pets.

Last edited by reddice; Today at 11:46 AM.
post #7356 of 7358 Unread Today, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
That said, the pre-rolls on Netflix would be a way to fill the buffer so your selected title could start out at full HD rather than ramp up.
Most of the time Netflix my Fire TV starts out in 1080p unless there is congestion otherwise it ramps up in about 10 to 30 seconds.

EarthLink Extreme powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn.
ASUS RT-N66W Router 374.43 (Merlin Build) 208.67.222.220, 8.8.4.4.
Toshiba 39L2300U (My Bedroom) - Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Sony BDPS5200, Sony PS4.
Toshiba 32RV530U (Living Room) - Amazon Fire TV, Sony PS3 Slim.
Cats are the best pets.
post #7357 of 7358 Unread Today, 12:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Comparing Netflix and Amazon to Hulu+ and VUDU. The first two ramp up so the first half minute is often in low-res. Hulu+ makes you sit there with "Loading" in the upper corner (at least on the app on my BD player) but starts out at full resolution. Obviously they prefer to fill the buffer at full resolution than ramp up. Same with VUDU. You're paying for HDX so you better see it the first frame.

Netflix is 1080P for me within a few seconds(if not right away). Vudu is also HDX within a few seconds too(if not right away). I don't see a loading screen on Hulu+. It starts quickly. Now Amazon is the one that can really be inconsistent depending on the device. Some devices take a minute to reach HD and some will be HD within a few seconds.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #7358 of 7358 Unread Today, 12:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddice View Post
I never watch anything MA rated sorry but I hate constant swearing and sex. What gets me if they start showing pre-rolls for MA rated originals when I watch unrelated shows like they do now with their post play garbage I will complain. I might not have to worry about seeing a pre-roll original promo anyway as I think only originals show promo's for other originals and since I never watch the adult originals (just kids originals like Richie Rich, Puss & Boots and King Julian which they will most likely not show adult original pre-rolls during those shows) so I don't have to worry about.

Sorry for the rant anyway. For those who want to watch them that just don't shove them in my face even after I rated all of them not interested which means I have no interest don't show it.
They are just taking a page from the premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz etc. Those channels are constantly bombarding you with advertisements for their original programming as well as other content they show.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page