Any new netflix deals done recently? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wondering because one of the movies added this week was serenity and there are 2 interesting things about that one....

1. its a universal picture which as far as I know doesnt have any kind of deal with netflix.
2. its hd (even though its not oar or listed in netflix's hd section) so i would guess its not part of the starz stuff (since i dont believe any of the starz content is hd).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-06-2009, 03:10 PM

I do see it listed in Netflix's HD section...

I must have missed quite a few titles before. I don't think they are "new" on the list, but I just noticed that Superbad is up (added it to my queue so I can re-watch) and so is LOTR: Return of the King (EE). Sweet!!

And yes, I also added Serenity to my instant queue (have never seen it).
post #3 of 7 Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix/

this is what i am using to track new releases.... its overall pretty accurate but from time to time old movies get put in as new. its possible they get a new encode or something of that nature or there is a data screwup somewhere. but i knew about all of those movies already thanks to the site above.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-06-2009, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSound View Post

I do see it listed in Netflix's HD section...

I must have missed quite a few titles before. I don't think they are "new" on the list, but I just noticed that Superbad is up (added it to my queue so I can re-watch) and so is LOTR: Return of the King (EE). Sweet!!

And yes, I also added Serenity to my instant queue (have never seen it).

Where do you see LOTR in watch instantly?
post #5 of 7 Old 02-06-2009, 09:08 PM

I found it in the Top 50 list.

Go to the "Watch Instantly" tab and then the "Top 50" sub-tab. At last check it was #32 on the list.

EDIT: Let me also say that I found a few unexpected surprises on that list compared to other browsing I have done. I will say that if you have not already seen it, Weeds (Season 1 and 2) is an excellent series and highly recommended as the Netflix on demand feature is a perfect fit for TV series.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-10-2009, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSound View Post

I found it in the Top 50 list.

Go to the "Watch Instantly" tab and then the "Top 50" sub-tab. At last check it was #32 on the list.

EDIT: Let me also say that I found a few unexpected surprises on that list compared to other browsing I have done. I will say that if you have not already seen it, Weeds (Season 1 and 2) is an excellent series and highly recommended as the Netflix on demand feature is a perfect fit for TV series.

Found LOTR, thanks. Odd, when I searched for it it does not show as being available on Watch Instantly. I also added Weeds.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I can't speak for the logic, but Serenity is a great movie, and the "Firefly" series as a whole was even better still... Shame that it got cancelled before it had a full chance to get off the ground.

Going back to the movie addage topic though, I've seen more and more non-Starz movies popping up, so I wonder if they did sign some new deals. One of the movies I watched the other night was "Cleaner" with Samuel L. Jackson and Ed Harris, and it was a Non-Starz movie (don't recall the studio). It was actually a pretty good movie, even though I had never heard of it... One of those obscure more recent releases I guess. What particularly impressed me though was the encode. It was encoded as SD, but the picture was very impressive for SD, and even better than many DVDs. Netflix encodes have always been better than the Starz, but they must be pushing the envelope with compression from higher res. sources.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page