HBO to offer True Blood, Entourage online - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-13-2009, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This "TV Anywhere" initiative is really gaining steam. The big plus being that it will be hard to enact bandwidth caps if you are feeding your customers content over the Internet!

Quote:

HBO, which has kept tight control over what content it offers online, announced today that it will stream True Blood, Hung, Entourage and other series online for free to subscribers as part of Comcast's On Demand Online trial set to begin this summer.

HBO and Cinemax will offer 750 hours of TV and movie content to subscribers online through Comcast.net and Fancast.com at no additional cost, with additional content added over time. Comcast announced last month it was joining with Time Warner cable on its TV Everywhere initiative to test offering cable content online to subscribers. The trial will allow 5,000 subscribers across the country to watch cable programming online at no additional cost. Comcast said it plans to test authentication technology, allowing only subscribers to watch the same programming they get on the TV through different sites online.

HBO joins Starz, Time Warner networks TNT and TBS in offering content online.

HBO and Cinemax also will offer Transformers, The Dark Knight and other major films online.

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6670780.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSound View Post

This "TV Anywhere" initiative is really gaining steam. The big plus being that it will be hard to enact bandwidth caps if you are feeding your customers content over the Internet!

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6670780.html

I'm not sure what the big to do is here.
I already subscribe to HBO and have the opportunity to view new shows a few different times a week with the addition of vod movies, series and specials on my hdtv from both HBO and Cinemax.
Why would I want to watch it on my pc?
post #3 of 8 Old 07-13-2009, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpconvert View Post

I'm not sure what the big to do is here.
I already subscribe to HBO and have the opportunity to view new shows a few different times a week with the addition of vod movies, series and specials on my hdtv from both HBO and Cinemax.
Why would I want to watch it on my pc?

I couldn't answer that question... I still can't comprehend why you are posting in this sub-forum!!

For those who do like to stream content to their PCs and TVs, this is an opportunity to watch content anywhere with an internet connection (even if their cable box is not there).
post #4 of 8 Old 07-13-2009, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

I keep hearing how streaming/downloads are so hot I keep checking and figure someday I'll find a post that doesn't regurg the same old stuff. You know, the break through in quality, ease and price.
No luck so far though and it's been months.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-13-2009, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

ROFL... OK.

You keep on looking, and others will keep on enjoying.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-14-2009, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSound View Post

ROFL... OK.

You keep on looking, and others will keep on enjoying.

Affirmative.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-15-2009, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I have to agree with fpconvert...
post #8 of 8 Old 07-16-2009, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Categorize this under the "No Duh?" type of surveys.

Quote:

Solutions Research Group: 73% Say Internet TV Services Are Excellent' Or Good' Idea

About 73% of Comcast and Time Warner Cable subscribers surveyed said TV Everywhere services -- which promise access to a wealth of video online for no extra charge -- are an "excellent" or "good" idea, according to research firm Solutions Research Group.

However, SRG said, a significant number of respondents also expressed skepticism about the proposed Internet TV services, with video reliability the most frequently cited issue.

Comcast this month expects to launch a 5,000-household test of a service it calls On Demand Online, and so far has lined up 23 networks to provide full-length TV show episodes and movies, including CBS, HBO, Starz, TNT and TBS.

Toronto-based SRG in late June and early July surveyed 500 Comcast and Time Warner Cable TV subscribers 18 or older who also have Internet access.

When asked about a service that would allow access to cable channels on the Web or mobile device, 28% said the idea was "excellent" and 45% said it was "good."

Of those 18 to 49, about 80% said the TV Everywhere concept was "excellent" or "good," compared with roughly 60% of those 50 or older who said the same, according to SRG. Meanwhile, 87% of respondents using Hulu.com or Fancast.com approved of the idea.

Quote:

Among those who viewed TV Everywhere services favorably, the main perceived benefits cited in open-ended responses were: convenience; remote viewing, such as when traveling; getting better value from a cable TV subscription; watching programming on a PC in rooms without a TV or if other household members are watching something else in the main TV room; and the ability to catch up with missed shows.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/..._Up_Survey.php
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page