Forum Jump: 
 62Likes
post #3511 of 3528 Unread Today, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Thanks to whoever mentioned "Black Mirror" .. as a Serling Twilight Zone fan, it's like an update .. just wish there were more than 6 episodes ..
lovinthehd likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3528 Unread Today, 01:32 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Got thru the first 3 episodes of Marco Polo last night .. not too bad .. and I must say the PQ and SQ was great ..

Just finished Marco Polo. Writing and acting was good. Directing, photography, and UHD was excellent. We were watching something else last night when I realized I wasn't that impressed with the picture. Realized then that I had been watching Marco Polo during the day and that DTV normal network programming wasn't nearly as good. In fact, in my opinion, Marco Polo was definitely better than a normal quality Blu Ray.
post #3513 of 3528 Unread Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
Just finished Marco Polo. Writing and acting was good. Directing, photography, and UHD was excellent. We were watching something else last night when I realized I wasn't that impressed with the picture. Realized then that I had been watching Marco Polo during the day and that DTV normal network programming wasn't nearly as good. In fact, in my opinion, Marco Polo was definitely better than a normal quality Blu Ray.

The only minor nic I could give it was at times the vocal soundtrack was just not that distinct .. I was almost tempted to turn on subtitles .. not the fault of the stream but the accents themselves ..

It's funny that I also felt like Marco Polo himself was one of the least engaging characters .. go Bayan the Hundred Eyes ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3514 of 3528 Unread Today, 01:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
I've watched the first 3 eps so far and it does have some great image quality. The colors are just outstanding, especially some of the night and sunset/sunrise scenes. They've also done a great job with lighting in this series, both indoors and out.
post #3515 of 3528 Unread Today, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Thanks to whoever mentioned "Black Mirror" .. as a Serling Twilight Zone fan, it's like an update .. just wish there were more than 6 episodes ..

Season 3 is starting on Directv soon, so I'd assume it would show on Nflix at some point.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
post #3516 of 3528 Unread Today, 01:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Same on a PS3 and PS4 ..
Yes, I must have been watching on someone else's(relative?) display where the overscan was setting was rather aggressive.
post #3517 of 3528 Unread Today, 01:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Season 3 is starting on Directv soon, so I'd assume it would show on Nflix at some point.
I guess 3 episodes each count as a Season in the UK .. at any rate, I'll take it ..

Uncle Willie

post #3518 of 3528 Unread Today, 01:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
The only minor nic I could give it was at times the vocal soundtrack was just not that distinct .. I was almost tempted to turn on subtitles .. not the fault of the stream but the accents themselves ..

It's funny that I also felt like Marco Polo himself was one of the least engaging characters .. go Bayan the Hundred Eyes ..
Agree with both comments, I was turning subtitles on and off throughout the the 3 eps I've seen so far - was turning them off as they were too bright, especially during darker scenes, which this show has loads of. Isn't there a way to change the subtitle color?

And yeah, Marco is a rather dull character, at least through 3 eps he is.
post #3519 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Agree with both comments, I was turning subtitles on and off throughout the the 3 eps I've seen so far - was turning them off as they were too bright, especially during darker scenes, which this show has loads of. Isn't there a way to change the subtitle color?

And yeah, Marco is a rather dull character, at least through 3 eps he is.
He gets no less dull ..

After the first 3 or 4 episodes, I started to get more tuned in on the characters speaking habits and I notched up the center channel slightly as well .. and yes, under "Your Account" in NF, subtitle appearance has some adjustability ...

Uncle Willie

post #3520 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:

Hundred Eyes, the Empress and Sidao are by far the strongest performances and best written parts.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #3521 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Hundred Eyes, the Empress and Sidao are by far the strongest performances and best written parts.
Without question!
post #3522 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
He gets no less dull ..

After the first 3 or 4 episodes, I started to get more tuned in on the characters speaking habits and I notched up the center channel slightly as well .. and yes, under "Your Account" in NF, subtitle appearance has some adjustability ...
Yup, found it, thanks to a year old post from Mr. Mike!
post #3523 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Copy that ...

Uncle Willie

post #3524 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Nice! http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/13/jo...cial-directtv/

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3525 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
He gets no less dull ..

I got so tired of the Marco Polo character, I deleted my season pass after Episode 1. For whatever reason,neither Marco nor the rest of the show resonated with me. Guess Game of Thrones spoiled me. Perhaps I need a little magic to leaven series set in olden times.
post #3526 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Why do people keep comparing this to GoT ??? Historical costume drama vs fantasy in a vaguely Euro-medieval setting.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #3527 of 3528 Unread Today, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I got so tired of the Marco Polo character, I deleted my season pass after Episode 1. For whatever reason,neither Marco nor the rest of the show resonated with me. Guess Game of Thrones spoiled me. Perhaps I need a little magic to leaven series set in olden times.
You know that's a high set bar to compare anything to .. I went into MP with fairly low expectations based on some of the pre-release reviews .. it took at least 2-3 episodes to really dig into it and being a photographer helped since the imagery is top end .. add a glass or two of vino and I was good to go ..

Uncle Willie

post #3528 of 3528 Unread Today, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
I have one of those; nice to know. The cool thing about the "Super HD" designation is that there are still some HD titles on Netflix which are limited to 720p; on those devices those titles will be labelled simply "HD".
Some older Disney content which is going away January 4th, 2015 (not pleased about that at all) still has 720p only episodes.

Earthlink Extreme powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn
ASUS RT-N66W Router 374.43 (Merlin Build) using OpenDNS
Toshiba 39L2300U (My Bedroom) - Amazon Fire TV, Sony PS4 Wired. Apple TV Wireless
Toshiba 32RV530U (Living Room) - Roku 3, Sony PS3 Slim Wired

Cats are the best pets
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page