71Likes

post #3541 of 3543 Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I got so tired of the Marco Polo character, I deleted my season pass after Episode 1. For whatever reason,neither Marco nor the rest of the show resonated with me. Guess Game of Thrones spoiled me. Perhaps I need a little magic to leaven series set in olden times.

Yeah...I couldn't get into it through three episodes. Seemed a little dull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 3543 Old Today, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Ive seen 5 so far, and I like it. I also don't think bringing GoT into the picture is a little unfair.

Guess some folks wanted Spartacus II

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI / Emotiva XPA-3
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
post #3543 of 3543 Old Today, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Good catch! Despite Stage Fright's abysmal 5.2 Stars out of 10 rating among IMDb voters, I decided to give it a shot anyway because I never met a musical about which I didn't find something to like and Stage Fright proved the point.

The film was so silly, it gave the word "camp" a bad name and the singing voices of its mostly young cast ranged from mediocre to awful. Nevertheless, some of the songs, written by the film's directer and writer, Jerome Sable, were very clever and often funny enough to make me laugh out loud. As you said, it's not for all tastes but for musical theater fans, at least those of us who are hard core enough to rise above its many weaknesses, Stage Fright is well worth spending the time it takes to sit through its 89 minute runtime.
It's on my list but haven't watched it yet. "Supernatural" recently did a musical spoof of the show and it was wonderful. The songs and performance caught the style of the characters especially Castiel. A couple years back the local theater put on a performance of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Musical" which I meant to go see but didn't get to it. Had to be a hoot.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware