Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds - Page 158 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 411Likes

post #4711 of 4715 Old 04-15-2017, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked: 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Their ratings system didn't seem to be well thought out and Amazon took a little more thought so that three stars just means "it was okay" IOW not great not bad. They almost need a sideways thumb now for that.

One could abstain from ratings altogether as I pay more attention to what has been added and what I want to watch is determined by the mood I'm in at the moment.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mailiang likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4712 of 4715 Old 04-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds

I just noticed they've added 3 new Jack Taylor episodes that aired across the pond 4th quarter of 2016.
http://jacktaylorfilms.com

"well you know what doctor I'm going to go home take two aspirins and call you a b****"
post #4713 of 4715 Old Today, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
Liked: 2075
I just don't like the "forced" auto-play when you select something in order to read the description ..

The loss of the 5 Star system is also senseless to me .. I have material coming up showing 98% match .. I really don't know what that means other than it's matching what I rated under the 5 Star system ..

On a brighter note, I finally began "The OA" last night and went thru 4 episodes .. excellent ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #4714 of 4715 Old Today, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I just don't like the "forced" auto-play when you select something in order to read the description ..

The loss of the 5 Star system is also senseless to me .. I have material coming up showing 98% match .. I really don't know what that means other than it's matching what I rated under the 5 Star system ..

On a brighter note, I finally began "The OA" last night and went thru 4 episodes .. excellent ..
If you like "The OA", you may also like the netflix film, The Discovery.

I found The Discovery disappointing, but at least it has Redford in it. I pretty much despised 'The OA'.
post #4715 of 4715 Old Today, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2747 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
You can't really judge The OA until you've watched the whole thing. I found the end of the story to be a disappointment, though I didn't want to demand my time back (as I did when I finished the first season of Hemlock Grove ).

I binged my way through 13 Reasons Why this weekend; intense and IMHO recommendable. I recognized the kid who played Clay from somewhere but couldn't place it. It was from the series Awake, which I really enjoyed.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware