Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds - Page 159 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 419Likes

post #4741 of 4759 Old 06-27-2017, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Bad Guys, an 11 episode Korean cop drama had me drawn in after the 1st episode. Hard boiled police detective, still traumatized after the murder of his daughter, rounds up a trio of hardened prisoners and offers them time off their sentences in exchange for helping him crack the toughest, most violent cases. Liking it alot, and I really didn't want to dive into a subtitled show, as you must pay strict attention for subtitled material. Something that I can't always manage. Hard enough to carve out the time to watch a 2 hour film with subs.
iamian likes this.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 4759 Old 06-27-2017, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1626 Post(s)
Liked: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
I could not find Netflix's 4K Category that I used to see. Have they gotten rid of that classification?
It's still there but it moves around a bit. You may have to scroll down for it and of course it will only display on the device that has 4K support. At that I don't think everything is listed so try a search on 4K or UHD.
post #4743 of 4759 Old 06-27-2017, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 545
Thanks for making the PS3 app slow and sluggish Netflix. The new UI is not needed. Neither is the bitrate. Who is in charge of approving these changes? What was once a fast and responsive app has now become slow and annoying to browse through.
reddice likes this.

home theater addict

post #4744 of 4759 Old 06-30-2017, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 3811
post #4745 of 4759 Old 06-30-2017, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post
Is she hot?

Ian
In a certain way.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wynonna-holliday.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	2211089  
mailiang likes this.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #4746 of 4759 Old 07-01-2017, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Made it through the first episode of "Gypsy" starring Naomi Watts. I almost bailed after 30 minutes as it was slow. It's supposed to be a "psychological thriller" but nothing really happens along that line until the last 5 minutes. Note to writers don't make the episodes mainly a "soap opera." Nicely "filmed" or should we say "video'd" these days especially if you want to show off your 4K TV.
post #4747 of 4759 Old 07-01-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1962 Post(s)
Liked: 2296
I tried the first 4 episodes of "GLOW" last night .. I guess I was just not in the mood for it .. did not grab me at any level .. other than the Spandex, which was nice ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #4748 of 4759 Old 07-02-2017, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I tried the first 4 episodes of "GLOW" last night .. I guess I was just not in the mood for it .. did not grab me at any level .. other than the Spandex, which was nice ..
Based on reviews, I gave it some rope. Still working through it, but I am looking forward to it now. I thought it picked up around episode 3. Some parts are still a little uneven.

v/r,
C-F
post #4749 of 4759 Old 07-03-2017, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Only came for Alison Brie. Was not disappoint.

post #4750 of 4759 Old 07-03-2017, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

"Here Alone" is a different kind of post apocalyptic zombie movie. It's about a woman trying to survive in a zombie infested wilderness after the death of her husband and child. Excellent!
post #4751 of 4759 Old 07-13-2017, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
If you are into British TV shows (although this one is Australian) and is a period piece (circa 1959) you may find the Doctor Blake Mystery series interesting.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80119121

Available on Netflix since March 31, 2017. We watched all 3 available seasons. The show has a pretty basic format, crime is committed at the beginning and solved by the end of the episode. Little action and more of a whodunit.
Thanks for the heads-up. My wife and I just finished the three available seasons. Nothing terribly outstanding but a pretty enjoyable series.
post #4752 of 4759 Old 07-14-2017, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
I could not find Netflix's 4K Category that I used to see. Have they gotten rid of that classification?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
It's still there but it moves around a bit. You may have to scroll down for it and of course it will only display on the device that has 4K support. At that I don't think everything is listed so try a search on 4K or UHD.
After having the 4K row for months, its been missing on my setups for about a month now. Talked to customer service 3 times and get a different answer each time. One said I would have it back in 24 hours, another said I was part of the "testing program" and the last said they are aware of the issue and will get it solved. Ridiculous is what I say. I will mention that your display must support HDMI 2.0, along with HDCP 2.2 to work, not just 4k support
post #4753 of 4759 Old 07-14-2017, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
After having the 4K row for months, its been missing on my setups for about a month now. Talked to customer service 3 times and get a different answer each time. One said I would have it back in 24 hours, another said I was part of the "testing program" and the last said they are aware of the issue and will get it solved. Ridiculous is what I say. I will mention that your display must support HDMI 2.0, along with HDCP 2.2 to work, not just 4k support
Its been missing on mine for a month or so also
post #4754 of 4759 Old 07-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I still get the 4k choices on my Samsung smart tv but cannot find them on the pc.
post #4755 of 4759 Old 07-14-2017, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The UHD 4K titles will only show up on a device supporting 4K. In my case even the HDMI requirement wasn't needed because I'm watching on a Roku 4K TV. But I do use ARC to get audio from Netflix to my AV Receiver. My receiver's implementation of ARC was pretty much right after it came out so sometimes I have to grab it's remote to reset the AV input for DD+ to work. Not going to buy a new receiver just for that.

I do think it is a little silly to not list the UHD titles on a PC. It would sell that tier but maybe they're afraid of too many folks jumping on board for that. Or that people expect 4K on their PC which usually doesn't support it. I also think they have so many UHD titles now that you are only going to get the list of the most recent additions and popular on that gallery. That's the problem with gallery or carousel displays. We may just have too many items in our lists to work in a gallery. Of course you can verify that you have 4K by clicking on "House of Cards", "The Blacklist", "Breaking Bad", "Daredevil", ......

Not for everyone is "Suntan", a Greek indie film set in a resort island where a doctor takes the position of town physician and falls for a young woman vacationer half his age. Lots of nudity due to scenes at a nude beach.
post #4756 of 4759 Old 07-15-2017, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post
I still get the 4k choices on my Samsung smart tv but cannot find them on the pc.
I'm 100% certain they're gone for my LG B6. I can search for 4K and HDR but that's a little Annoying to have to do.
post #4757 of 4759 Old 07-15-2017, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post
If you're on your PC it's easy enough to go to the Instantwatcher website and list the movies or TV shows there.

http://instantwatcher.com/

Choose either Netflix or Amazon at the top then click on Search. Check the box for UltraHD - currently 186 titles on Netflix and 82 titles on Amazon Prime.

I know this can be futzy for people but it is a work-around.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #4758 of 4759 Old 07-19-2017, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 3811
Next season of Last Chance U starts soon.
post #4759 of 4759 Old 07-19-2017, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
If you're on your PC it's easy enough to go to the Instantwatcher website and list the movies or TV shows there.

http://instantwatcher.com/

Choose either Netflix or Amazon at the top then click on Search. Check the box for UltraHD - currently 186 titles on Netflix and 82 titles on Amazon Prime.

I know this can be futzy for people but it is a work-around.
Seems it takes about the rest of the day for the developer to find out if it is UHD or not. So they laughably might be first listed as SD. Most all the Netflix Original comedy concerts are UHD so if you're into standup comedy in UHD you're in luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page