Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last
Video Download Services & Hardware > Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds
cubiczee's Avatar cubiczee 12:33 PM 03-12-2010
Angels & Demons isn't available yet, the netflix API data must be off for some reason. Netflix still shows it as streaming soon.

The Aura looks great, added to my queue, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

DragonLoaf's Avatar DragonLoaf 09:35 AM 03-13-2010
Them This is not the aforementioned and recommended 1950s Them (which I have not seen yet) but the more recent French Them which relates the true story of murders committed in Romania. This is not gory cheesy scary but is truly creepy scary and more so because it is based on real events. At the end the creepiness factor goes up a huge notch when the perpetrators are finally revealed.

I watched Dead Snow last week and I would not call it a gem by any means but it could be a find if you are into the humor of gory zombie brutality. I enjoyed it for the laughs; imbibe your alcohol of choice to enhance the viewing experience.

I'll also add a + 1 for Beer Wars, which took on the Big 3 breweries in a lively and cheeky way that was really entertaining.

Not a gem at all but a find if you are a man and need (as I did last night) a romantic comedy to watch with your woman, Confessions of A Shopaholic is more palatable than most in the genre. Isla Fisher is unrelentingly cute, and that helps a lot. There were some funny parts as well.

Thanks to everyone for your continuing contributions to this thread. I am valiantly working my way through all the great recommendations.
mproper's Avatar mproper 11:40 AM 03-13-2010
I'll second Dead Snow as a "drink and laugh" type zombie movie. I did like that much of it takes place in the daytime and the contrast of bright red blood on bright white snow is outstanding.

Sure it won't win any awards, but for dumb zombie fun, I enjoyed it.
Maestro J's Avatar Maestro J 04:13 PM 03-15-2010
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Sherr...?trkid=1211018
SherryBaby is a fairly good movie but the reason I'm recommending it as a gem is because of Maggie Gyllenhaal's amazing performance. How she didn't receive an oscar nomination is beyond me.
Ringfinger's Avatar Ringfinger 05:33 PM 03-15-2010
All great suggestions.
cubiczee's Avatar cubiczee 10:01 PM 03-15-2010
Sophie Scholl: The Final Days (2005) - tells the story of Germany's most famous anti-Nazi heroine. Nominated for best foreign langage film oscar.
Ringfinger's Avatar Ringfinger 04:14 PM 03-16-2010
So many choices and so little time is my problem.
cubiczee's Avatar cubiczee 07:06 PM 03-16-2010
Has anyone else noticed very slow load times lately? Titles used to load in 15 seconds or less, but lately sometimes it takes several minutes. Once they load they play fine, I very rarely have buffering.
Ringfinger's Avatar Ringfinger 06:06 AM 03-17-2010
I have not, maybe your network?
xcrunner529's Avatar xcrunner529 06:14 PM 03-17-2010
April 1 will be a big day for TV lovers (check feedflix)
dla26's Avatar dla26 06:38 PM 03-17-2010
Thanks, xcrunner529! Arrested Development seasons 1-3! I know what I'm doing that weekend!
Ringfinger's Avatar Ringfinger 07:59 AM 03-18-2010
Very sweet!
larrimore's Avatar larrimore 02:52 PM 03-18-2010
Forever Strong

Saw this on the recommendation of a friend. The whole family enjoyed and it is one of the only Rugby movies I have ever heard of. Decent cast and good acting...

Into The Night

For those of us who grew up in the 80's, this is a gem. It really brings back memories of that decade.
DragonLoaf's Avatar DragonLoaf 01:31 PM 03-30-2010
District B13 This is a French action movie featuring two male leads who are parkour practitioners performing their own stunts. The fights and chases are a lot of fun to watch. The plot is fine but primarily in place to provide a reason for all the acrobatics. Very cool!
cubiczee's Avatar cubiczee 09:57 PM 03-31-2010
Bump for April 1st TV releases: 24, The X-Files, King of the Hill, Bones, Prison Break, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, My Name is Earl, and more.

If anyone hasn't seen Firefly, now is the time.
Ringfinger's Avatar Ringfinger 07:05 AM 04-01-2010
Regular seasons are ending so now is the perfect time to watch these. I just uncovered the whole original Hulk series. Woo-hoo!!
b_scott's Avatar b_scott 08:26 PM 04-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczee View Post

Bump for April 1st TV releases: 24, The X-Files, King of the Hill, Bones, Prison Break, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, My Name is Earl, and more.

If anyone hasn't seen Firefly, now is the time.

just came in to post this Also Arrested Development in HD!
cubiczee's Avatar cubiczee 11:46 PM 04-04-2010
I dunno if it's part of the April 1st TV batch, but season 1 of Better off Ted is up. Really funny.
Boston Litigator's Avatar Boston Litigator 06:59 AM 04-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczee View Post

I dunno if it's part of the April 1st TV batch, but season 1 of Better off Ted is up. Really funny.

great show!
Ringfinger's Avatar Ringfinger 08:45 AM 04-05-2010
Can't find any Bond films that are streamed. What gives?
cubiczee's Avatar cubiczee 07:45 PM 04-08-2010
Just noticed some gems from the last update, though I have all on DVD already: Mulholland Dr., The Fly, Paths of Glory, Donnie Darko
moviegeek's Avatar moviegeek 11:23 AM 04-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post

Can't find any Bond films that are streamed. What gives?

Yeah I know how you feel.

Bugsy just became available, I think it's Warren Beatty's best film.
Ringfinger's Avatar Ringfinger 11:24 AM 04-09-2010
Wish there were some. I love them, especially the older ones!
cubiczee's Avatar cubiczee 02:06 AM 04-16-2010
The Coen brothers' The Man Who Wasn't There is up, this has been long due for a rewatch for me.
artwire's Avatar artwire 03:34 PM 04-17-2010
Just had a hysterical trip down memory lane with Rocky & Bullwinkle ... still crazy after all these years...
justqt's Avatar justqt 04:43 PM 04-17-2010
Yeah I use netflix on pc and xbox 360... I love it!!!

Oh by the way if you are an xbox 360 user and you dont find certain movies then goto netflix.com and setup an instant queue with your favorite movies then they will be available on 360.
mproper's Avatar mproper 08:18 AM 04-18-2010
I don't know if this counts as a hidden gem since I think it had some buzz, but Moon is now available. Watched it last night, and loved it (although there were a couple logic problems and the end leaves something to be desired). Very good smart sci-fi movie though.

Also, Bubba Ho-Tep starring the awesome Bill Campbell is now available.
b_scott's Avatar b_scott 07:19 PM 04-18-2010
I saw Moon on Blu. Loved it. I thought it fixed all the logic issues, but maybe not. What did you think was wrong?
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 11:32 PM 04-18-2010
I haven't seen Moon, so please keep any revealing discussion of it wrapped in [spoiler] tags.
b_scott's Avatar b_scott 12:19 AM 04-19-2010
feel free to PM only on that.
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop