Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 3236 Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 PM
EJ
AVS Special Member
 
EJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Minot, ND
Posts: 2,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I haven't seen Moon, so please keep any revealing discussion of it wrapped in [spoiler] tags.

Some cool things about Moon, all the aliens are defeated in the end. (Just kidding), but it was directed by David Bowie's son, and had a limited budget, so all effects are done with models, no CGI. It looks great.

Former USSB uplink operator.
EJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mproper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 7,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post

I saw Moon on Blu. Loved it. I thought it fixed all the logic issues, but maybe not. What did you think was wrong?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

It wasn't anything major, but (as a couple examples), wouldn't the rescue team notice the multiple trails of footsteps going to and from the crashed rover (first from Clone #2 rescuing Clone #1, and later from him replacing him? There is no reason for there to be footsteps out there. Also, Clone #3 was just waking up, and the rescue team thought he was awake for several days.

At first, I also didn't really care for the ending (figuring the shuttle would probably end up at the H3 processing plant) but then I realized later that the people working there would probably be just surprised to see him in the shuttle, and not be in on the conspiracy.

This is not really a complaint, but I also figured he'd find out it was hundreds of years into the future and his wife/kid were long dead, but it turns out it's like 10 and his daughter is like 13 or something. I just figured he'd find out he was clone #400 and it's 1200 years later than he thinks it is (or something to that effect). Instead, given the 3 year stint, he finds out he's like the 2nd or 3rd active clone. Which means their coverup/conspiracy thing sucks...it lasted like 6-9 years before being found out.

Again, nothing major...just some thoughts I had while watching the movie.

So don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it and rated it 5/5 stars, just a couple minor things I noticed.

I think what I really liked was I was expecting the movie to focus on the whole conspiracy angle, but instead they figure out the "mystery" immediately and it focuses on how they deal with the knowledge, which I really liked.
mproper is offline  
post #123 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

It wasn't anything major, but (as a couple examples), wouldn't the rescue team notice the multiple trails of footsteps going to and from the crashed rover (first from Clone #2 rescuing Clone #1, and later from him replacing him? There is no reason for there to be footsteps out there. Also, Clone #3 was just waking up, and the rescue team thought he was awake for several days.

At first, I also didn't really care for the ending (figuring the shuttle would probably end up at the H3 processing plant) but then I realized later that the people working there would probably be just surprised to see him in the shuttle, and not be in on the conspiracy.

This is not really a complaint, but I also figured he'd find out it was hundreds of years into the future and his wife/kid were long dead, but it turns out it's like 10 and his daughter is like 13 or something. I just figured he'd find out he was clone #400 and it's 1200 years later than he thinks it is (or something to that effect). Instead, given the 3 year stint, he finds out he's like the 2nd or 3rd active clone. Which means their coverup/conspiracy thing sucks...it lasted like 6-9 years before being found out.

Again, nothing major...just some thoughts I had while watching the movie.

So don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it and rated it 5/5 stars, just a couple minor things I noticed.

I think what I really liked was I was expecting the movie to focus on the whole conspiracy angle, but instead they figure out the "mystery" immediately and it focuses on how they deal with the knowledge, which I really liked.

I agree with a lot of what you said

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think it was much further than 10 years. It was like 30. His wife was dead, and his kid went from like 7 to 35ish. My surprise was that the original guy never even went to the moon. It was always all clones. And because of them being clones they had all those defects and didn't last long - REALLY short time, in fact. Makes you really re-think the consequences of cloning. However, cloning wouldn't work that way (you'd start as a baby) so it's a logical fallacy anyway. But still, very good film IMO Love Kevin Spacey's voice.
b_scott is offline  
post #124 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mproper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 7,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post

I agree with a lot of what you said

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think it was much further than 10 years. It was like 30. His wife was dead, and his kid went from like 7 to 35ish. My surprise was that the original guy never even went to the moon. It was always all clones. And because of them being clones they had all those defects and didn't last long - REALLY short time, in fact. Makes you really re-think the consequences of cloning. However, cloning wouldn't work that way (you'd start as a baby) so it's a logical fallacy anyway. But still, very good film IMO Love Kevin Spacey's voice.

I thought...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

...his daughter said she was like 13 (or 16)? I thought he asked her how old she was and she was a young teenager (I thought). Might have to rewatch that. Anyways, I got the impression that it had been only 10 years or so.

And in the recording, she was like 3 or 4....certainly not 7.
mproper is offline  
post #125 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mproper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 7,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hmm...could've sworn this had been mentioned in this thread, but a search turns up nothing.

I watched Triangle last night.

Don't be misled by the crappy cover and even crappier description that make it look like a made-for-tv slasher movie (it is not...not even close). Hard to say anything without spoilers as going into it blind is probably better. Had a good concept, some unique ideas, and some great scenes and twists in it. I liked it tons better than I thought I would.
mproper is offline  
post #126 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 16,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

Hmm...could've sworn this had been mentioned in this thread, but a search turns up nothing.

I watched Triangle last night.

Don't be misled by the crappy cover and even crappier description that make it look like a made-for-tv slasher movie (it is not...not even close). Hard to say anything without spoilers as going into it blind is probably better. Had a good concept, some unique ideas, and some great scenes and twists in it. I liked it tons better than I thought I would.

The cover looks somewhat like the much more high-profile and (b-list) star-studded Ghost Ship:


What drew you to watch it, given the cover and description? (I notice that Netflix estimates that I'd like it, anticipating that I'd rate it 3.5 stars).

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #127 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mproper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 7,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

What drew you to watch it, given the cover and description? (I notice that Netflix estimates that I'd like it, anticipating that I'd rate it 3.5 stars).

I found the thread that made me watch it (I didn't see any spoilers in it):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=triangle

As for the real reason I watched it (may be a slight spoiler, if you consider the genre that the movie actually is to be a spoiler):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I had heard someone compare it to Timecrimes, and I love time-travel movies....that whole genre.


FWIW, Netflix guessed I'd rate it 4 stars, which is pretty accurate.
mproper is offline  
post #128 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Member
 
GLuebben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I streamed "Moon" on Saturday evening, based on very positive recommendations. For the most part I rather enjoyed it, particularly the score.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

MProper is correct - Eve was 15 when the elder Sam Bell made direct contact with her late in the movie. I too was a bit disappointed by that revelation. I had expected her to inform him she was Tess or Eve's granddaughter.

I'm curious how the rest of you interpreted the elder Sam's deterioration. I primarily believe the clones were designed to last only three years. At which time they would begin to decay and die, naturally. Though there is also a distinct possibility that his exposure to radiation on the surface of the moon, during his prolonged exposure in the service truck, caused his decay.
GLuebben is offline  
post #129 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mproper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 7,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLuebben View Post

I streamed "Moon" on Saturday evening, based on very positive recommendations. For the most part I rather enjoyed it, particularly the score.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

MProper is correct - Eve was 15 when the elder Sam Bell made direct contact with her late in the movie. I too was a bit disappointed by that revelation. I had expected her to inform him she was Tess or Eve's granddaughter.

I'm curious how the rest of you interpreted the elder Sam's deterioration. I primarily believe the clones were designed to last only three years. At which time they would begin to decay and die, naturally. Though there is also a distinct possibility that his exposure to radiation on the surface of the moon, during his prolonged exposure in the service truck, caused his decay.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

A couple thoughts:
  1. Originally I thought the clones had a shelf life of 3 years. He starts hallucinating before the accident. Of course, that wouldn't make sense, because why would you want an hallucinating, deteriorating clone on your hands that might wreak havok on the station? You would dispose of them at 2.5 years and bring in a fresh one.
  2. But if the shelf life is > 3 years (and he has radiation poisoning) it would seem silly to have thousands of clones in storage in the basement. I mean, do they expect it to be a 10,000 year operation or something? Surely they wouldn't need that many backups, as even 100 years worth of clones would be enough that they'd want to revisit/improve the tech of the mining operation.

Regardless, I'm not sure you can use logic to ascertain the reason, since either scenario doesn't make much sense. I lean towards the 3 year shelf life (simply because of the hallucination prior to the accident)

I did do a bit of research on Helium 3 though, because I was unaware of what it was, the potential for it, or that the moon would actually have quite a bit.

mproper is offline  
post #130 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Stumbled on the thread while drifting.. glad I did .. great info, great suggestions. I'll just build a toilet now into my recliner ...

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #131 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Member
 
GLuebben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

A couple thoughts:
  1. Originally I thought the clones had a shelf life of 3 years. He starts hallucinating before the accident. Of course, that wouldn't make sense, because why would you want an hallucinating, deteriorating clone on your hands that might wreak havok on the station? You would dispose of them at 2.5 years and bring in a fresh one.
  2. But if the shelf life is > 3 years (and he has radiation poisoning) it would seem silly to have thousands of clones in storage in the basement. I mean, do they expect it to be a 10,000 year operation or something? Surely they wouldn't need that many backups, as even 100 years worth of clones would be enough that they'd want to revisit/improve the tech of the mining operation.

Regardless, I'm not sure you can use logic to ascertain the reason, since either scenario doesn't make much sense. I lean towards the 3 year shelf life (simply because of the hallucination prior to the accident)

I did do a bit of research on Helium 3 though, because I was unaware of what it was, the potential for it, or that the moon would actually have quite a bit.



Excellent points

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

The only reason I doubt a shelf life of three years is my personal attempt to put a prolonged meaning behind the middle-aged Sam's return to Earth.

For instance, what value is there to his return and the voice overs heard just before the credits if Sam will deteriorate and die in 3 years?

However, is there more subtext? Do clones dream of electric sheep? Perhaps the populace isn't yet aware that clones [replicants?] are being used in such a manner. Perhaps it is the moral/economic/ecological doubt of Sam's plight which leads to laws forbidding their return to Earth!

Personally, I like the vague ending. Too frequently do we see stories wrapped up in a "tidy little package". Often those circumstances result in less discussion and certainly don't engage personal thought.
GLuebben is offline  
post #132 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Senior Member
 
DragonLoaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

Also, Bubba Ho-Tep starring the awesome Bill Campbell is now available.

The Greatest Actor of Our Generation, or Any Other is also in the hilarious Man With the Screaming Brain also available on streaming. Minor correction, though: his name is Bruce Campbell, not Bill. Hopefully the Sumerian demons have not possessed your soul in retribution.

Starring Bruce Campbell
Directed by Bruce Campbell
Produced by Bruce Campbell
Written by Bruce Campbell

The man is a god!

Oh, yes, and a strong second vote here for Bubba Ho-Tep, which is funny as expected and surprisingly meaningful.
DragonLoaf is offline  
post #133 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoaf View Post

The Greatest Actor of Our Generation, or Any Other is also in the hilarious Man With the Screaming Brain also available on streaming. Minor correction, though: his name is Bruce Campbell, not Bill. Hopefully the Sumerian demons have not possessed your soul in retribution.

Starring Bruce Campbell
Directed by Bruce Campbell
Produced by Bruce Campbell
Written by Bruce Campbell

The man is a god!

Oh, yes, and a strong second vote here for Bubba Ho-Tep, which is funny as expected and surprisingly meaningful.

I don't know about the greatest actor of our generation, but he has a list of credits a mile long, even "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" .. let us never forget "Army of Darkness"

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #134 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Member
 
GLuebben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Should you ever be afforded the opportunity to attend a panel with Mr. Campbell take advantage of it. The man is something to behold as a public speaker...

Audience member: "Mr. Campbell, will there be a [sequel, remake, special edition, special feature] of [any movie/T.V. show ever made, including many with which Campbell had no affiliation]?"

Bruce Campbell: [counting randomly on fingers]
"I am an actor... they don't tell me $#!+!"
GLuebben is offline  
post #135 of 3236 Old 04-19-2010, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 3,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I watched "The Baader Meinhof Complex" last night in HD. I had been wanting to see it for some time and thought it was excellent.

I watched "Order of Chaos" in HD last week which is a quirky indie psychological thriller.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #136 of 3236 Old 04-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Ringfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need to find more to stream. I saw lots of Laurel and Hardy, but only on disk. Did find all the episodes of Incredible Hulk and Emergency!!
Ringfinger is offline  
post #137 of 3236 Old 04-20-2010, 08:12 AM
EJ
AVS Special Member
 
EJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Minot, ND
Posts: 2,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love documentaries, and if it's one thing Netflix streaming has plenty of, it's docs!

Former USSB uplink operator.
EJ is offline  
post #138 of 3236 Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
septim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just watched The Seventh Seal in HD. Been wanting to see that for years and finally got around to it. Also popped on Heat in HD just to see how it looked. It looked pretty damn good, much better than most broadcast HD at least.
septim is offline  
post #139 of 3236 Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post

I love documentaries, and if it's one thing Netflix streaming has plenty of, it's docs!

I totally agree. I've watched at least 8 since I signed up about 3 weeks ago. They have many I've never heard of and all have been totally interesting. Just watch the doc on Roman Polanski last night and that was great. They also had one on the art of editing and the rise and fall of slasher films that were also very good.

subavision212 is offline  
post #140 of 3236 Old 04-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
DragonLoaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Concur with all the documentary love. The best one I've seen so far:

Waco: Rules of Engagement: Riveting and detailed examination of the Waco Incident. It uses actual video and audio footage to show how the government version of events differed from actual events. I was blown away. Not the usual "I heard from a friend who knows somebody that someone knew something about a conspiracy" one often gets with this sort of thing, all the evidence is laid out clearly and convincingly. It shows how terrible events happen when the government gets its nose bloodied and stands to lose face.
DragonLoaf is offline  
post #141 of 3236 Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoaf View Post

Concur with all the documentary love. The best one I've seen so far:

Waco: Rules of Engagement: Riveting and detailed examination of the Waco Incident. It uses actual video and audio footage to show how the government version of events differed from actual events. I was blown away. Not the usual "I heard from a friend who knows somebody that someone knew something about a conspiracy" one often gets with this sort of thing, all the evidence is laid out clearly and convincingly. It shows how terrible events happen when the government gets its nose bloodied and stands to lose face.

I hate how some things aren't listed as streaming in search results, but they do when you go into them. Kinda defeats the purpose of even stating if they're streaming or not in the results. This is a case of that.
b_scott is offline  
post #142 of 3236 Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
mlang46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I like Dexter, Wings of Desire , Rashomon, legend of the Seeker and a great swedish vampire movie " let the right one in'
mlang46 is offline  
post #143 of 3236 Old 04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Member
 
GLuebben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let the Right One In was fascinating. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. From the story to the manner in which it was filmed it was simply captivating. Like Moon I loved that not all the loose ends were neatly bundled up.
GLuebben is offline  
post #144 of 3236 Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
great movie. forgot it was on Netflix streaming though, renting it on BD instead.
b_scott is offline  
post #145 of 3236 Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
etrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Watched Moon last night. Thanks for the tip it was different.
I would have to give it an 8.8
etrin is offline  
post #146 of 3236 Old 04-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Ringfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why no Creepshow for instant gratification?
Ringfinger is offline  
post #147 of 3236 Old 04-22-2010, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Verge2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Enough moon talk, keep giving me obscure and foreign film idea's !!!!!
Verge2 is online now  
post #148 of 3236 Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
etrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Creepshow is total kick ass. I remember seeing that when it first came out and it was great. Still is.

Jesus Fricking Christ I told you to tell the boy in the monkey suit to bring the car around an hour ago. That is from a 30 year old memory of one great scene.
Have to watch it this weekend and see how close I got.
etrin is offline  
post #149 of 3236 Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Ringfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh man, that was such a good movie. Reminds me of my childhood.
Ringfinger is offline  
post #150 of 3236 Old 04-23-2010, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
moviegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 1,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Netflix just added a bunch of good films today included Fargo.
moviegeek is offline  
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off