Netflix recently watched Instant queue showing movies I didn't watch?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed about a month several movies were showing as "recently watched" from my instant queue that I never even heard of. I live alone. So naturally, I changed my password. Today, I noticed that it's happening again...the dates show that I was home on some of the days so I know it's not the building's plumber or somebody breaking in just to goof off. I called customer service, who informed me that the movies were showing to have been watched on my Wii, which impossible because I've only turned it on twice in the past 6 months, as I have a PS3 and HD streaming from my computer to the TV...so the Wii is fairly useless.

Customer service deactivated the Wii and I changed my password again, but has anyone else ever experience this?? He claimed it is not a common problem, but shouldn't be a security risk, as even he could only see the last 4 digits of my credit card, etc.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-20-2010, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Did you ever return a Wii or another Netflix player? If so it/they may have still been activated. You can log into your account and see which player(s) are activated.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-21-2010, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, but no this was the only Wii I've ever had...and they were the only 2 devices ever I ever registered. My Netflix disc hasn't even been in the Wii for over a month and there's movies showing as having been played practically every day
post #4 of 4 Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by raheenb View Post

I noticed about a month several movies were showing as "recently watched" from my instant queue that I never even heard of.

Don't know about now but when I was a Netflix subscriber they would show me as having watched a title even tho I just watched 10 seconds of it (title). I did an experiment, I selected five different titles, watched about 10 seconds of each and later looked at my watched title list. Sure enough, all five titles were in the list.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page