Best possible Netflix streaming device - Page 56 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 54  55  56
Video Download Services & Hardware > Best possible Netflix streaming device
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 01:22 AM 02-27-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
And! ...In Canada, where I live, Netflix is NOT the same as in the USA.

Only in the sense that the catalog of available content is different. The data served for a title held in common with the US is precisely the same and it's served in exactly the same fashion, no matter where in the world the Netflix account holder happens to be (they offer subscriptions in some 19 International regions now; possibly more since the last time I checked). The Canada region library is quite a bit smaller than the US region's, but it always has some recently-released-to-disc titles (as do other regions) which aren't available in their US catalog yet because they're tied up in exclusivity agreements with premium subscription cable/satellite services like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz. I use a service based in Canada which gives me access to titles in those other catalogs by making me appear to be requesting streams from within those regions, which Netflix allows; while travelling you can access Netflix in the local region using your account from another region. (Supposedly some of the content providers object and Netflix will crack down on this somehow, but we'll see how that goes).

In general you need to be able to sustain an average of about 120% of a stream's bit rate to keep your player's buffer full. Netflix's lower bit rate 720p stream is 2350 Kbps + 192 Kbps DD+ 5.1 sound is 2542 Kbps x 1.2 is about 3000 Kbps, so yeah, the minimum bandwidth you need on your connections to Netflix is 3 Mbps to get 720p with 5.1 sound. To get the best quality 5800 Kbps 1080p with 5.1 sound you'll need around 7200 Kbps. The video is variable bitrate, so a dialog driven title with few actions scenes might maintain at a particular quality level in less bandwidth.

NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 02:08 AM 02-27-2015
Many of those guys living in the USA with high speed Internet only have stereo 2-channel sound with Netflix.

The thing is this: Netflix think they are in control, and they check things for you, and your friends too. ...That's their job, to keep their revenues floating above their vaults.
...And they are slowly but surely becoming totally extinct, obsolete, no more needed, no more valuable, no more cheap, but truly cheap.

Yes, the content is different (different titles); I've heard of that, but there is access for Canadians who want American titles instead of Canadian ones, and vice versa.
But why would you want to do that? Both countries have old titles from the prehistoric Ice Age when dinosaurs themselves weren't the rulers.

Say you can go to your local IMAX theater and see 'Jupiter Ascending' in 3D. ...Try that on Netflix.

No, if you want to stay on the edge, live life intensively the way it was meant to be; by going out, not inside Netflix, no way.
Watching Netflix, no matter where you live, is like revisiting your past life for the stuff you missed before in the present.
...See what I mean, and time is not important only life is important.

Check Kodibuntu ♫
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 03:20 PM 02-27-2015
Quote:
But why would you want to do that? Both countries have old titles from the prehistoric Ice Age...

And yet Netflix (as of numbers from January) have some 57.4 million streaming video subs worldwide, 39 million of them in the US, a number which is steadily growing, notwithstanding your personal opinion of the value of their content . Those customers collectively stream over a billion hours of that "prehistoric" content every month. It doesn't matter how old a title is, if you haven't seen it then it's new to you. And many old titles might be favorites that you want to watch again.

Quote:
Say you can go to your local IMAX theater and see 'Jupiter Ascending' in 3D. ...Try that on Netflix.

I doubt that you will ever see any major new release titles like Jupiter Ascending available for streaming while they're still in theaters (though VUDU has some minor ones available while in theaters and some even before they open in theaters). You want to see those you have to go to the theater and certainly you'll never get that IMAX experience in your home. What I do get in my home is a clean, comfortable private environment for viewing in comfortably worn clothes that I wouldn't wear out in public and just socks on my feet; no sticky floors or other peoples too loud comments, coughing and ringing cellphones to deal with .

Quote:
No, if you want to stay on the edge, live life intensively the way it was meant to be; by going out, not inside Netflix, no way.

If that's your attitude then why are you posting in this thread ?
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 03:52 PM 02-27-2015
You pay $60/month for 100Mbps? ...That's pretty good; you must have a very nice 1080p HD picture with DD+ 5.1 sound? ...Can you get 4K? ...And 3D?

* I post in this thread because I like to know what you guys get south of the border, and I like to share what we get north of that same border.
The way I feel from one day to the next is my own free choice, my right to exist on this planet (thanks Mum & Dad), and to have my own ideas and emotional feelings.
...On everything streaming related.

Netflix has big numbers, and it reflex a trend here in North America; we're big on movies and documentaries and animations entertainment.
TV is number one pastime/leisure in our internal lives. ...And "they" (Netflix included) know that very well.

But there is truth in what I'm saying too; there are other better alternatives than Netflix, and with all better advantages all across the board.
Netflix is just a filling, a gap, a tooth with shot lead. ...No gold or platinum or silver or diamond here.

I'm all good myself, I don't use Netflix, but all my friends do. ...And quality varies all among them. ...But hey, Netflix is real cheap @ $9/month.
Just add a quality streamer device for it (not a smart TV and not a BR player), and you might be happy enough like the vast majority of people.

From what I saw @ my friend's places; no thank you very much I'll stick with the best, Blu-rays. ...But that's me; aside from the majority, in my own minuscule minority.
And I love 3D.

So many movies so little time.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 04:07 PM 02-27-2015
Quote:
You pay $60/month for 100Mbps? ...That's pretty good; you must have a very nice 1080p HD picture with DD+ 5.1 sound? ...Can you get 4K? ...And 3D?

I always get 1080p and 4K (for the small subset of titles which have it). I don't have a 3D TV but I suppose that I'd get 3D if I did.
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 04:41 PM 02-27-2015
That is excellent.

* 3D is the end of the world; without 3D we wouldn't even exist. 3D motion pictures and animations and wildlife and sports and arts and world documentaries are more important than 3D audio sound and than ultra high definition video/film (4K). And yet it won't be available with the new upcoming 4K Blu-ray discs!

Of course this is my own personal 3D view. ...It's too sad that I'm in a very small minority of true artists and art lovers when it comes to 3D cinematography and photography and paintings and sculptures. But that's life as the best things in life are not generally the preferred ones by the majority crowds.

Still, you are doing very good in 2D with Netflix; good 2K picture quality (HD @ 1080p), and heavily compressed Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) 5.1-channel surround sound.
{I just don't know how much true 4K content you guys have, and how many titles total are avail in 3D.}

And if your Netflix streaming device is reliable, and without any video/audio quality dropouts, then you must be in constant/permanent state of entertainment/happiness.

♦ By the way, what is your main/best Netflix streaming device?
tubetwister's Avatar tubetwister 05:53 PM 02-27-2015
I'm waiting for Touchy feeley Mega triple UHD + 4D holograms or one of those Total Recall virtual vacation machines that works correctly ......maybe Kate Upton in a bikini ,or a big juicy Cheeseburger w/fries ,...Florence Italy ,or the Bavarian alps or Tahiti , unlimited ocean powerboat racing .. or sky diving or maybe hang gliding ,mars or mountain bike dropping off a tall peak into a beautiful valley with a cold one waiting at the bottom !......... somebody slap me and wake me up ,I'm day dreaming where is that Roku remote? ....it's the one with the Netflix button !
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 08:43 PM 02-27-2015
Quote:
* 3D is the end of the world; without 3D we wouldn't even exist. 3D motion pictures and animations and wildlife and sports and arts and world documentaries are more important than 3D audio sound and than ultra high definition video/film (4K). And yet it won't be available with the new upcoming 4K Blu-ray discs!

The public has largely rejected glasses-based 3D for the home so the manufacturers are gradually moving away from it. I bought a Vizio P602ui-B3 60" 4K TV back in October (upgrading from the 55" model that I'd bought a few weeks earlier); I'm using it as a monitor for this PC, among other things. None of Vizio's 2014 model line had 3D nor will their 2015 model line. It's a line item which does not increase sales.

Quote:
{I just don't know how much true 4K content you guys have, and how many titles total are avail in 3D.}

I gave a detailed account of the current state of Netflix's 4K offerings back in this post. The only titles which impress me with their sharpness are The Blacklist, Marco Polo (in select scenes) and The Smurfs 2 (unwatchably childish). I've only sampled the portion of Amazon's 4K library which can be viewed at no additional charge by Amazon Prime members: Amazon Original TV shows Bosch, Mozart in the Jungle, Transparent, Alpha House, Hand of God, Red Oaks and non-Amazon-Original Orphan Black; movies Funny Girl, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hitch and Philadelphia. They have the following for purchase in 4K: TV shows Better Call Saul and The Blacklist; films No Good Deed, MiB 3, The Bridge Over the River Kwai, In the Line of Fire, The Mask of Zorro, Bad Teacher, Ghostbusters 2, Think Like a Man, Think Like a Man Too, Deliver Us From Evil, Julie and Julia, Taxi Driver, Premium Rush, Hard Times, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, The Way We Were, Elysium, The Smurfs 2, Battle Los Angeles, Godzilla (2014), Evil Dead, Alamo Bay, Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett: Cheek to Cheek, Captain Phillips, Total Recall (2012), The Davinci Code, Angels & Demons, The Monuments Men, Hancock, The Other Guys, The Patriot, A Few Good Men, The Tourist, Airforce One, This Is the End and Moneyball. The non-Prime stuff cannot be rented, only purchased and is pretty overpriced, with the cheapest being $24; most are $29.99 . In general I'm unimpressed with Amazon's 4K; it looks very good but not terribly much better than their 1080p encodes of the same title. I read one blogger's account who bought The Amazing Spider-Man and felt that it was as good as his 1080p BD of the same title, which the 1080p stream was not. Amazon also has several pilot episodes of potential new original series (they haven't determined which they'll order more episodes of, if any); all were shot and produced in 4K digital and I was impressed with certain scenes of some of them.

There are very few outboard 4K video playing devices which can stream 4K Netflix, Amazon or YouTube yet; the most numerous 4K streaming players are apps in 4K smart TVs like mine.

Quote:
And if your Netflix streaming device is reliable, and without any video/audio quality dropouts, then you must be in constant/permanent state of entertainment/happiness.

I am quite happy with Netflix these days .

Quote:
♦ By the way, what is your main/best Netflix streaming device?

I have a large set of devices which can stream Netflix: my 4K smart TV, TiVo Roamio, TiVo Premiere, 2 Panasonic BDPs, Sony BDP, WD TV Live Streaming, Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Fire TV Stick, my Android tablet and smartphone . Since my smart TV has 120Hz refresh and can accept a 24Hz signal and display it with straight frame replication (5:5 pulldown) I prefer devices which can output 24Hz signals for the streaming services' 24p-encoded content (the vast majority of Netflix, Amazon and VUDU content is encoded as 24p). The subset of my devices which can do that include TiVo Roamio, TiVo Premiere, WD TV Live and my Panasonic DMP-BDT220. (Stupidly the smart TV's apps deliver their output to the TiVo as a 60Hz signal, to which uneven 2:3 pulldown has to have been applied ). My TiVo Premiere is not in use; WD TV Live doesn't have Amazon and its Netflix UI is slow; the Panasonic BDP has slow UIs and 24Hz has to be tediously turned on each time you start up a streaming app. TiVo Roamio is my current favorite streaming device. (I'm not horribly sensitive to 2:3 pulldown judder but it gives me warm fuzzies to know that it hasn't been applied to what I'm watching ).
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 09:10 PM 02-27-2015
Wow, you're full of Netflix streamers @ your place. You must be nuts or you have a very large family of Netflix viewers.

* And those 4K titles; they are not true 4K but upscale 2K stuff, like those Sony Blu-ray titles you can buy for the last two years or so. ...A gimmick.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 12:05 AM Yesterday
Quote:
Wow, you're full of Netflix streamers @ your place. You must by nuts or you have a very large family of Netflix viewers.

I just like my A/V toys and almost any device with digital video capabilities these days has a Netflix app (I should have counted this PC; the Win8 Netflix app can stream the 1080p encodes and bitstream DD+ 5.1 out). It's not as though I bought the stuff all at once. I wouldn't have bought the Fire TV Stick at all if Amazon hadn't offered it to Prime members for $20 on the day that it came out . Some of them, like the TiVo Premiere, aren't currently connected to anything (I also left out my venerable old TiVo Series3, also not in use, though its Netflix player is limited to 720p and stereo). The PC, TiVo Roamio, WD TV Streaming, Panasonic DMP-BDT220 BDP, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Roku 3 and PS3 are all connected to this AVR and television.

Quote:
* And those 4K titles; they are not true 4K but upscale 2K stuff, like those Sony Blu-ray titles you can buy for the last two years or so. ...A gimmick.

Certainly not true for all of them. Many of those titles were shot on film and transferred from the film to 4K digital just as they were transferred from film to 1080 res digital. Several of the recent titles were shot to 4K or higher digital (After Earth, The Smurfs 2, Elysium, Hitchcock, Total Recall, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, Think Like a Man, No Good Deed, Bad Teacher, Think Like a Man Too, Premium Rush and others). These days shooting to film is relatively rare; directors love being able to immediately review scenes on the spot (where they can immediately reshoot them if unsatisfied) without waiting hours for development. Upconversion of anything shot to 2K (or 2.8K, etc) digital to 4K is a gimmick; the upconversion is not going to improve it; there's no doubt some of that in there.

In my opinion grainy film titles transferred to 4K digital are never going to be particularly more impressive than the 1080p transfers; the same is true of older films. To get the full effect of 4K you have to shoot in 4K or higher digital.
RFGuy_KCCO's Avatar RFGuy_KCCO 12:15 AM Yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Only in the sense that the catalog of available content is different. The data served for a title held in common with the US is precisely the same and it's served in exactly the same fashion, no matter where in the world the Netflix account holder happens to be (they offer subscriptions in some 19 International regions now; possibly more since the last time I checked). The Canada region library is quite a bit smaller than the US region's, but it always has some recently-released-to-disc titles (as do other regions) which aren't available in their US catalog yet because they're tied up in exclusivity agreements with premium subscription cable/satellite services like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz. I use a service based in Canada which gives me access to titles in those other catalogs by making me appear to be requesting streams from within those regions, which Netflix allows; while travelling you can access Netflix in the local region using your account from another region. (Supposedly some of the content providers object and Netflix will crack down on this somehow, but we'll see how that goes).

In general you need to be able to sustain an average of about 120% of a stream's bit rate to keep your player's buffer full. Netflix's lower bit rate 720p stream is 2350 Kbps + 192 Kbps DD+ 5.1 sound is 2542 Kbps x 1.2 is about 3000 Kbps, so yeah, the minimum bandwidth you need on your connections to Netflix is 3 Mbps to get 720p with 5.1 sound. To get the best quality 5800 Kbps 1080p with 5.1 sound you'll need around 7200 Kbps. The video is variable bitrate, so a dialog driven title with few actions scenes might maintain at a particular quality level in less bandwidth.
I learned a wealth of interesting information from this single post. Thank you!
tubetwister's Avatar tubetwister 01:39 AM Yesterday
Quote:
Wow, you're full of Netflix streamers @ your place. You must by nuts or you have a very large family of Netflix viewers.
No....... he reverse engineers them in a way and tells us all how they work and how well they work (or not ) he has a professional technical back ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky
Maybe some are and some aren't , it's not a stretch at all for Netflix (or any service ) to have a content provider or servicer telicine or digitize a 35mm/70mm film or 4K digital theater media into 4K format they can use if they want to.

Just because something is also on 1080p Blue Ray /DVD or even VHS (and original film stock or 4K digital media is avail ) doesn't necessarily prevent 4K re distribution options in fact later films or 4K digital theater media might be more available than some older stuff .

note: 35mm film has plenty of resolution for 4K digitizing . lotta movies have been made in 4K digital for the last ~ 20 yrs. ofc the current availability of the original 4K media can vary.

If you have a 4K TV that supports DCI or HDR color even an up scaled 2K digital theater release or digitized film should benefit on a high bit rate Netlix HDR video stream .

Most movie productions are divided between 2K and 4K digital (or very occasionally higher digital now ) the big film cameras are going the way of the dodo bird .

2K digitally produced TV shows in ~ 1080p ofc would have to be upscaled somewhere along the line to afford a 4K stream ☺ .
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 12:44 PM Yesterday
Question: Who owns Netflix, and is the government people (including the president) are watching? ...Watching Netflix, and watching the American people in the way they are streaming.

One more: The government, do they have their own movie channel? ...Streaming. ...Like can you watch them discussing and making new laws among themselves with all the undercover deals they're making and money transfer/exchanges? ...Would they like to run Netflix?
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 12:54 PM Yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
2K digitally produced TV shows in ~ 1080p ofc would have to be upscaled somewhere along the line to afford a 4K stream ☺ .

Again, upconverting a 2K digital master to 4K for disc, file download or streaming is a waste of time, storage and network bandwidth. There's no new information to be captured as might be the case with a new 4K film transfer. It's possible that the studio upconversion is superior to my television's realtime upconversion, but the difference is not likely to be worth the cost.
mailiang's Avatar mailiang 04:55 PM Yesterday
Quote:
I bought a Vizio P602ui-B3 60" 4K TV back in October (upgrading from the 55" model that I'd bought a few weeks earlier); I'm using it as a monitor for this PC, among other things..
This is Mike leaving his house after spending several hours in front of his 60'' PC monitor.

Ian
tubetwister's Avatar tubetwister 09:07 PM Yesterday
Quote:
Again, upconverting a 2K digital master to 4K for disc, file download or streaming is a waste of time, storage and network bandwidth. There's no new information to be captured as might be the case with a new 4K film transfer. It's possible that the studio upconversion is superior to my television's realtime upconversion, but the difference is not likely to be worth the cost.
You are right about all that stuff . I would agree upsampling storage media or files in general before the playback device usually does little more than waste space and bandwidth. I was thinking*maybe more color space (DCI) spec chroma information might be available from the 2K theater masters that isn't otherwise available on rec 709 or YbCbr 4:2:2. BD or DVD content .( I really don't know for sure but I think it may be there )

Admittedly even at that if it was possible to get that extra color range from 2K theater media it *may not be worth the additional costs and and effort and ofc a TV would have to support DCI or HDR ..................OTOH if U got the TV and the info is present in a playable format ☺
tubetwister's Avatar tubetwister 10:01 PM Yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post
This is Mike leaving his house after spending several hours in front of his 60'' PC monitor.

Ian
ha ha ha I've got a 24" 1680 x1050 monitor and a 40" 1080P Sony LED TV on this PC . Monday my new 2560 x1440 27" monitor should be here according to UPS. I'll be putting this otherwise decent 3 yr old 24" screen on another PC here .

I could well imagine a 50-60" 4K TV as a monitor would interesting on a large desk in general PC use and videos now and then and furher back in the room , ofc also on TV as well either up scaled or especially native 4K .

The 40" 1080p Sony in here is real good for HD videos TV , movies and stuff it's about 3- 4ft away from me adjacent to the desk at the same height. I can swivel it this way. The 24" 1680 x 1050 monitor closer straight ahead is better for reading close although the Sony isn't terrible but it can't match the pixel density of the 1680x 1050 24" or get anywhere near the 27" 2560x1440 monitor I've ordered .

I'm looking forward to that 27" on the desk . What do you all think about the 24" vs " 24" pixel wise close up on the desk maybe 2 - 2.5 - 3 ft (see below)

Here is what I'm looking at pixel wise in here for now :

24" 1680 X 1050 = 82.55 PPI (Decent sharp text) 3 yr old Acer part I'm giving it to my grown son when my 27" gets here he has a use for it on their bedroom PC .

40" 1920 X 1080 = 55 PPI
( not the best for reading close but not unusable at all @ 2-3 ft and beyond real good HD picture ) obviously I still prefer reading on the 24 though .

27" 2560 X 1440 = 108.79 PPI (supposed to be here Monday ☺)

I'm hoping it should be decent it had tons of good reviews ,specs are decent for the money it's not a TOTL pro screen but looks like decent Acer consumer part .

Next thing might be a 50-55" 4K TV (maybe a 49x830C or 55x850C Sony ) in late spring early summer or next yr about this time or , maybe a Samsung or Visio who knows ? and maybe an appropriate Video card in here.

I might have reservations about allegedly LGD panels in the new Sony's the 49"for sure is one ( blacks and all w/o local dimming have to see the sets ,the competition and AVS members and pro reviews ( and maybe take some pluge patterns in on a stick )

Problem is I'm spoiled by Sony color (on LCD's at least they are good ) but the 1080p Sony is only a year old this mo.
( but a 2013 model with a better panel than the equivalent 2014 set ) .I bought it last Feb it was hard to find at that time I saw it in B.B a few months earlier and wanted it . It has an excellent pix. so no hurry quite yet .

3 Other TV 's here are 2013 and 1 2012 set ( 5 all together ) so they should be OK for a while..... maybe I can sell one ( maybe the 42" LG ☺) ofc they aren't worth much used .........,didn't cost a ton when it was new either, the Sony was quite a bit more but worth it .

The Sammy plasma ain't going anywhere
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 10:59 PM Yesterday
A 60" PC monitor is actually easier on the eyes than a little 20-some-odd inch one, IMHO. Also you can show stuff to people without everyone having to scrunch up around your desk . I'm generally sitting some 6-9' away from it with a wireless keyboard and mouse on a laptop cart.
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 11:19 PM Yesterday
I know someone using a 150" PC monitor and his eyes are in top form.

I also know someone using a 4" smartphone as his monitor and his eyes start to hurt after eight hours or so.

Netflix; you need 3Mbps Internet speed for 720p streaming? My friend has 6Mbps and the best he gets is 480i and it always drops to 240 and lower. I guess those Mbps are not all equal depending of your area, region, city, country? ...And no two Netflix streamers were/are created equal. ...And with firmware updates all is up in the air? ...Meaning it can be more harmful (picture degradation) than a beneficial picture improvement.

The data used for firmware updates; can it impede on other performance's areas?

Why is Netflix only in stereo in some areas and 5.1 in others? ...For the exact same flick.
tubetwister's Avatar tubetwister 11:33 PM Yesterday
Quote:
Question: Who owns Netflix, and is the government people (including the president) are watching? ...Watching Netflix, and watching the American people in the way they are streaming.

One more: The government, do they have their own movie channel? ...Streaming. ...Like can you watch them discussing and making new laws among themselves with all the undercover deals they're making and money transfer/exchanges? ...Would they like to run Netflix?
ah ha .....Used to get into lots of crazy stuff back in the day just to look around and it wasn't on dial up AOL .

NSA could probably tell you plenty about the skeletons in the closets these days ........ I don't screw around wit that kinda stuff any more for a loooong time , it's a lot more locked down than it used to be back in the day and if you catch the federal beef it ain't no joke if you get caught wit yo hands in the cookie jar which ain't that hard these days if you click on da wrong thang even if it ain't locked down like it's supposed to be ( it happens more than you know ) and if you ain't real, real careful and don't know what not to click on in certain places you can probably catch a federal case on accident just playing around

Best to stay way away from certain stuff in directory's behind da public pages altogether and just Google the usual stuff and put on yo happy dance☺

Some of the new Samsung TV's been watching you while you been watching them and even when you thought they was off ! You know NSA been embedding thangs in everybody hdd firmware and some other places for long time right ?............... can't trust no thin any more these days !
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 11:49 PM Yesterday
//// Not only our entire world is funny in an unfunny way, but our governments as well, including streaming Netflix.
...Best possible device (source), or not.
tubetwister's Avatar tubetwister 12:23 AM Today
Quote:
A 60" PC monitor is actually easier on the eyes than a little 20-some-odd inch one, IMHO. Also you can show stuff to people without everyone having to scrunch up around your desk . I'm generally sitting some 6-9' away from it with a wireless keyboard and mouse on a laptop cart.

Oh yea for a lot of things especially with more than one person looking at it and if back a few ft or more in the room I could get with that .

I have 2 PC 's in the crib here with 40" 1080p /HDMI connected TV screens as well as desktop monitors I have wireless Logitec 400 KB's for them as well as wired KB 's and a Logitech touch pad on one also anytime someone wants to see something I put it up on one of the 40" screens always ,.....

I could dig a 50-60" for that stuff no prob . I'm more often up in the desk in here so I'm thinking reading on the 2560 x 1440 27" will be decent.

I usually always put video ,media browsers, photo folders ,slide shows ,Netflix browsers ,Y.T.and certain web pages and shopping pages like Amazon or pay bay on the 40" panels though so a 50-60 (especially 4K with more pixels ) could be more better for that kind of stuff ( or maybe text reading if you are far enough back and not swiveling your head I'm sure.) I use the 40's for reading also when I'm not all up in the desk .

Although 3840 x 2160 on a 60" = 73.43 PPI even though it's not far off a 24" 1650 X 1050 at 81 PPI both are certainly better than a 40" 1080p at 55 PPI it's still rather unremarkable as compared to 27" 2560 x 1440 at 108.789 PPI closer in (at lest pixel density wise) but for the big stuff further back in the room and content consumption in general it's probably real swinging on the big screen with 4K even upscaled but I'd still have my reservations about certain productivity apps or extended text reading on TV's in general 2K or 4K but then again I could be wrong I haven't seen it so ................
Tags: Samsung Bd D6700 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
First ... 54  55  56

Up
Mobile  Desktop