Amazon Prime Instant Video - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 129Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2011 of 2016 Old 08-26-2016, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mailiang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springsteen Country
Posts: 7,914
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I am a big Kurt Sutter fan, so I started watching The Bastard Executioner with high hopes. Alas, despite how much I had wanted to like the show, I dropped it during the second episode. Sometimes even one of of the geniuses responsible for TV’s “Second Golden Age” gets it wrong. Think David Milch’s John From Cincinnati.
Actually I thought it was quite good, but probably not worth the budget spent on it.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

mailiang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2012 of 2016 Old 08-26-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 16,724
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked: 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post
Actually I thought it was quite good, but probably not worth the budget spent on it.
Oh, I understand. I rather liked John From Cincinnati and hated to see it go.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu Bookshelf speakers 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker 4 Focal in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo BDP-103 BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR
gwsat is online now  
post #2013 of 2016 Old 08-26-2016, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 2,973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 736 Post(s)
Liked: 721
While strange, I too rather Liked John from Cincinnati. As for TBE, I think I lasted 3 episodes before the heave-ho.
Garrett Adams is online now  
post #2014 of 2016 Old Today, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
andyross63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Posts: 3,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I just finished a documentary. "First Footprints: The Original Pioneers of All Humankind". It's about the aboriginal history of Australia, which goes back 50,000 years. Absolutely gorgeous video (watch on a TV, not phone or tablet.)

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR
andyross63 is offline  
post #2015 of 2016 Old Today, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NE OH
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyross63 View Post
I just finished a documentary. "First Footprints: The Original Pioneers of All Humankind". It's about the aboriginal history of Australia, which goes back 50,000 years. Absolutely gorgeous video (watch on a TV, not phone or tablet.)
Is that the one with a segment on the 19th century British anthropologist who studied the aborigines? That was one of the most interesting things I've ever seen - he collected tons of "scientific" research, but also collected "useless" hair samples simply to add a bit of color to his exhibits. At the time the gene pool was almost completely undiluted, and a century later that DNA turned out to be one of the most valuable resources in tracing human origins ever discovered.

Also fascinating that lower sea levels are what made their migration possible, and rising sea levels then isolated them from the rest of humanity for thousands of years...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
cc_in_oh is online now  
post #2016 of 2016 Old Today, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
andyross63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Posts: 3,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Is that the one with a segment on the 19th century British anthropologist who studied the aborigines? That was one of the most interesting things I've ever seen - he collected tons of "scientific" research, but also collected "useless" hair samples simply to add a bit of color to his exhibits. At the time the gene pool was almost completely undiluted, and a century later that DNA turned out to be one of the most valuable resources in tracing human origins ever discovered.

Also fascinating that lower sea levels are what made their migration possible, and rising sea levels then isolated them from the rest of humanity for thousands of years...
I don't think so. This is the full link to Amazon (I hope). This appears to be a 4-part TV series put together into a single documentary (about 1:43 long):
https://www.amazon.com/First-Footpri.../dp/B01J2BGAYM
This is a PDF of the press kit for the movie (couldn't find a more direct link.)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...5K1wFA&cad=rja

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR
andyross63 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off