HBO Go streams freezing on Logitech Revue and PC? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-25-2011, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Last night while trying to watch a movie on the Revue our stream would freeze every 10 minutes or so, which made watching the film impossible. I have only used the service a few times and I had not encountered that before. My friend said she saw the same thing happen, but while watching on the PC instead.

Has this happened to anyone else?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
While in hindsight I realize I was living my own version of "Groundhog day" with an expectation of a different outcome. Same result with HBO GO streaming as with Netflix; start out with an HD stream and just about the time I've suspended my disbelief the picture freezes momentarily then resumes. Once this has happened a few times the video stream drops to a lower picture quality.

According to Time Warner Cable technical support they cannot guarantee uninterrupted HD streaming with Roadrunner standard's 10 mbps when a router is connected.

If a subscriber insists on using a router they should upgrade to the 25 mbps Roadrunner service where available if they want uninterrupted HD streaming.

Frankly as a subscriber I am disgusted Roadrunner technical support would make such a recommendation. With no other Internet activity going on concurrently it is difficult to accept 10 mpbs with router is not robust enough for HBO GO's HD stream of 3 mbps throughput.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page