Netflix has removed the "Saved" section from it's Instant streaming queue. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You know when an Instant Streaming title is no longer available on Instant Streaming, and it drops to the "Saved" section? Netflix has removed this feature and has no record of any movie you were "saving" in that section. I had about 70 titles there that have now vanished back into search\\browse land, and no way to determine which ones I'm now "missing". I called Netflix support and they confirmed that they have purged this data and removed this feature.

Just a friendly head's up to anyone else who was using the same functionality. The "Saved" section of the DVD queue is still working as normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-01-2011, 01:07 PM

Nice. What was the point of that. Seriously they are pissing off customers left and right
post #3 of 10 Old 10-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've read somewhere that Saved items are still available but no longer visible to the user. Once they become available to stream they will be moved to your queue.
post #4 of 10 Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
^Yes, both the Netflix blog and hackingnetflix.com, stated that the Saved section was still there, just no longer visible/accessible to us. Several titles I had there, are now back in my queue at the bottom, so if a streaming contract can be resigned, a given saved title returns to the queue.
http://www.hackingnetflix.com/2011/0...5391b08b65970b

Still, I'd rather it be visible, than not. Yet another pointless (to us) change that removes convenience to the customer.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #5 of 10 Old 10-01-2011, 02:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 478
They claimed that it was confusing some customers and causing complaints. You can't please all of the people all of the time. Supposedly things will become visible in that section when they know when they're coming back.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #6 of 10 Old 10-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

They claimed that it was confusing some customers and causing complaints. You can't please all of the people all of the time. Supposedly things will become visible in that section when they know when they're coming back.

It seems more likely Netflix doesn't want to bring attention to the fact that content is expiring. It seems like another example where they have made things more difficult for the customer.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 PM

Yep, no reason to call attention to the tons of content you're losing, and are about to lose.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

exactly. When we were discussing this previously, the thing that bugged me was that the invisibles still count against your quota for 500 titles. You can't delete them. On a related matter - I also noticed last week that my feedfliks "titles at home" hasn't updated in ages-- I just checked it again and it hasn't changed, tho I have new DVDs at home. The ones I returned are still showing as 'at home'.

The list of 'missing in action' titles was still available when I logged in -- but it's the same list and more have since 'expired' so now I'm thinking it too may not be updating. Wonder if it's only showing me what used to be on my list before they got unplugged?

Are you guys able to see up to date info in your feedfliks account? (mine is a free account, in case that matters)
post #9 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 478
I don't rent discs, so I can't comment on whether that info is up to date in my FeedFliks account but I just recalled from that other conversation that I could see the expired titles in my IQ on FeedFliks, if I sorted the list by "expiry"; there's even a "Delete all expired titles" link.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #10 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwire View Post

Are you guys able to see up to date info in your feedfliks account? (mine is a free account, in case that matters)

I have a free account and mine is updating. I know with free accounts I think it only updates it every week or two, so mine is showing that I have Quarantine 2 and Conan O'Brien Can't Stop as being home, but that was a week ago.

Regardless, it's updating for me.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page