TV tuner into a PC USB tuner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-24-2011, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got an old CRT TV, which I've dissembled and got the circuit boards out of, and I was wondering if it would be possible to take out the tuner from the TV and wire it up to a USB which I can plug into my PC and watch TV on Windows Media Centre. If it changes anything, it's a normal analogue tuner, not a freeview, freesat tuner or whatever. I have a USB plug already, so it would just be a matter of wiring it up. So I was wondering if is mainly possible, and if it is how to do it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtom111 View Post

I've got an old CRT TV, which I've dissembled and got the circuit boards out of, and I was wondering if it would be possible to take out the tuner from the TV and wire it up to a USB which I can plug into my PC and watch TV on Windows Media Centre. If it changes anything, it's a normal analogue tuner, not a freeview, freesat tuner or whatever. I have a USB plug already, so it would just be a matter of wiring it up. So I was wondering if is mainly possible, and if it is how to do it. Thanks

Welcome to AVS. Your post is in the wrong section, will report to the mods and they may move it for you.

Analog TV tuner to USB would be quite involved. AFAIK no one does it. There are several USB tuners available, click here for Newegg listing. There are many other outlets that carry these.

Edit to add: Just noticed that several in the Newegg listing show them as being NTSC capable. I would make sure any model I purchased could do ClearQAM in case you ever wanted to use it on cable.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-24-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
I have a USB plug already, so it would just be a matter of wiring it up.

You'd need some electronics in between....it's not as simple as you seem to think.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page