Wow, Netflix is definitely not what I expected when I signed up - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 122 Old 12-10-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

What we're missing are the TV shows in Europe that get blocked in the US because of US network deals. Those would be the original Danish version of "The Killing" plus "The Bridge".

If you have Unblock or some similar service, the original Danish version of The Killing is available from the Ireland region only (no "Super HD"--rare title available in Ireland but not the UK); The Bridge is available in Ireland and all of the Nordic regions.

EDIT: Ireland does have Super HD now (and I can get it now despite the fact that it's 8:30 PM there). In the Ireland region, The Killing is in Danish stereo with large burned-in English subs, SD for the first season, HD in the 2nd; The Bridge is Swedish DD+ 5.1 in HD for all seasons, selectable subs, English only in Ireland, all Nordic languages plus English in the Nordic regions..

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 122 Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Or just Chromecast a site with the videos (there were episodes of the Danish version of "The Killing" on YouTube and probably still there since they were only low bitrate SD). CBS doesn't have current show episodes on Hulu but they do on their site so I Chromecast those from my the Chrome browers on my computer to my set. For some reason their streams cast darker than streams from other sites. Chromecast needs a gamma boost option for thier browser plugin.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page