Who has HULU Plus? - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
post #271 of 278 Old 02-03-2016, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 965 Post(s)
Liked: 405
So I pay $9 a month for Showtime and I found over time I watched more on Showtime than HBO when I had cable. I'm not a GOT fan BTW. If HBO lowered Now's price to $9 a month I might consider it. But Time Warner is blowing it big time by trying to get shows delayed more than the next day. Again where do they get the CEOs for these companies? Whatever happened to "the customers is always right?" It seems we have the return of the robber barons (as if they ever went away).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 278 Old 02-03-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

I also have to mention that after months of never seeing a rebuffer on Hulu+, last night was terrible. These always happen near the top of the hour suggesting it's the net in general. Plus when this was happening on "Lucifer" well into the 9 PM hour I stopped, logged out of Hulu and back in again and it ran fine. So whatever server I got the first time was overloaded. This of course also works for Netflix and have done it numerous times when rebuffering occurs.
post #273 of 278 Unread 02-05-2016, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

"American Crime" last night came in at well over a bitrate needed for 720p and "Lucifer" at around 4.3 Mbps. AC is a bit more indie and grainy but Lucifer looked great especially on the well lite outdoor scenes. Certainly not NF 5.8 quality as I when watching a "Z Nation" episode. Funny to watch AC's censoring words by blanking the screen when they are said. Why they bother on Hulu is beyond me. Just give us your Euro or Canadian export.
post #274 of 278 Unread Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the miniseries adaptation of 11 22 63 is going to be on Hulu; can you watch it at the free level or do you have to have the paid level??? Not really finding any info one way or another.
post #275 of 278 Unread Today, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtscribe View Post
So the miniseries adaptation of 11 22 63 is going to be on Hulu; can you watch it at the free level or do you have to have the paid level??? Not really finding any info one way or another.
I'm doubting that Hulu will stream this for free - but you're right - there is no word on this one way or the other. It's going to be doled out on a weekly basis rather than allow for binge watching. Perhaps Hulu will allow the first episode to stream for free as has been done for other shows on other streaming channels.

Some lackluster reviews of 11.22.63 are starting to post on the internet.

Review: Hulu's '11.22.63' mini-series a dreary TV effort

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #276 of 278 Unread Today, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else here having rebuffering problems and errors with Hulu? For months there was never a problem but in the last week or so they started showing up. Going to a Netflix stream no problem. Going to a VUDU HDX stream no problem. Checking broadband speed getting what I pay for and far above what is needed. Reading their Twitter support seems others are seeing the same thing. Same from Hulu users on some other sites. Many saying the same thing that there was no problem for months.

I hate contacting their support since they will want to your "reset your device to factory" which is not a solution especially if you are getting other streams just fine on your device.

Maybe there is a conspiracy. Maybe Time Warner is paying hackers to destroy Hulu?
post #277 of 278 Unread Today, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I hit a spell where Hulu was problematic. (knock on wood) It mostly works now.

v/r,
C-F
post #278 of 278 Unread Today, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Last time The Librarians refused to load on the Fire TV. Just sat there buffering for a long time then error out. On the 4th gen Apple TV it played fine.

EarthLink Extreme powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn.
Netgear R7000 - DD-WRT v3.0-r29020M (02/04/16) using OpenDNS.
Toshiba 39L2300U - Apple TV 4 (2015), Fire TV (2015), PS4 (2013), Roku 2 (2015).
Cats are the best pets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware