Who has HULU Plus? - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 458 Old 10-10-2016, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddice View Post
I can't believe it but Hulu has Smallville. Wow. So much for Notflix ever adding it with there BS license deals. I was really going to drop Hulu when my discounted months ended but now Smallville and before the extra Disney content some off it that expired on Notflix I will be keeping it for sure.

Now there is less reason to keep Notflix I mean Netflix sarcasm. If Netflix "Lemony Snicket" is MA rated I will cancel Netflix out of rage because it is the only original I been waiting to see. Nearly did that when they matured Marvel first with Daredevil and Jessica Jones which was hyped to watch.
That's interesting because Hulu lost CW content because CW wanted to do it's own app. Also Time-Warner wanted a chunk of Hulu but didn't want shows playing the next day (actually CW shows would play hour after it was broadcast). Haven't heard anymore about that deal other than I suspect Hulu knows a big selling point IS having the shows available the next day.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 458 Old 10-10-2016, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
reddice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,663
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
That's interesting because Hulu lost CW content because CW wanted to do it's own app. Also Time-Warner wanted a chunk of Hulu but didn't want shows playing the next day (actually CW shows would play hour after it was broadcast). Haven't heard anymore about that deal other than I suspect Hulu knows a big selling point IS having the shows available the next day.
I know Hulu has been surprising me with the new content. They added Nickelodeon content that Amazon Prime took off yet they supposedly have a tight deal really a BS deal. Then in the summer the Disney show content and movies yet again another supposedly deal really BS with Netflix. Now CW shows you would think NF would have added that but nope yet again Hulu surprises me. If you would have asked me earlier this year I was going to drop Hulu when my prepaid discounted and free months ended in November but now I will be keeping them for sure.

I think the reason is because Hulu Originals did not win awards unlike Netflix and Amazon which are on a power trip so Hulu actually licensed content. Netflix does not care about licensed content as there so called Disney deal really just the new movies "big deal" and there CW shows once again only "new content" which they had to renew but the stupid CEO Reed most likely did not want it.

Charter Spectrum powered by Earthlink.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-138 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premier (2016).
Cats are the best pets.
reddice is offline  
post #363 of 458 Old 10-10-2016, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Westly-C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Techno World
Posts: 3,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Time Warner owns Warner Bros. Warner Bros owns Smallville...Reruns of SV air on TNT. Time Warner owns TNT. Time Warner now owns a stake in Hulu. Hulu miraculously gets Smallville, courtesy of TNT, whose logo appears in the corner. Netflix had been after SV for years but denied access.

See how these things work?
reddice likes this.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
Westly-C is offline  
 
post #364 of 458 Old 10-10-2016, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CANNON-FODDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 1,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
... Hulu lost CW content because CW wanted to do it's own app. ...
At least the CW Seed channel on Roku has all the "Whose Line is it Anyway" on for free (with ads). That was the primary reason for me to hook up the Roku at my Dad's new house.

I thought it was hilarious that he doesn't want me to hook up the Blu-ray player because "then they will start hollering for me to go out to rent movies all the time!".

v/r,
C-F
CANNON-FODDER is offline  
post #365 of 458 Old 10-10-2016, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Westly-C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Techno World
Posts: 3,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
At least the CW Seed channel on Roku has all the "Whose Line is it Anyway" on for free (with ads).
C-F
The CW App was just recently launched, it is not replacing the CW Seed app. I don't know if you knew that or not, just wanted to make sure anyone reading that knows there is a new app now.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
Westly-C is offline  
post #366 of 458 Old 10-11-2016, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
The CW App was just recently launched, it is not replacing the CW Seed app. I don't know if you knew that or not, just wanted to make sure anyone reading that knows there is a new app now.
Downside is that there are ads. On Hulu if you paid for ad free then watching CW had no ads. What we are seeing if fragmentation of the cable cutting market with will weaken it. I suspect CW will eventually offer ad free but probably also for $4 which isn't worth it if you watch only a couple of shows there. As last I checked the other day they didn't have an Android TV version of their app. Also ad free for me is more about time saving.
Mr.G likes this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #367 of 458 Old 10-20-2016, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Watched the first episode of "Chance" last night. All I can say was "wow", not only was the show great but the PQ was like watching it on VUDU. I watched it on my Sony S1200 BD player because it seems to be running a higher bitrate than my Shield TV for some reason. The bitrate interface is set to 3.2 Mbps but I don't trust that. I've seen above 4 Mpbs using the Shield TV but the Android logs still showed that a 720p video was delivered.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #368 of 458 Old 11-01-2016, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
reddice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,663
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Also Hulu got rid of that annoying TNT logo bug on Smallville. It makes not sense as it never was a TNT show. Also compared to other logo bugs TNT is the worst huge, bright, more in the middle right and hard to ignore. Unlike on the actually TNT channel where is is smaller. Hulu shrink the TNT bug a bit more corner it more to the bottom right and make it a bit more transparent. NBC, ABC and Nick bugs are less noticeable.

Charter Spectrum powered by Earthlink.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-138 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premier (2016).
Cats are the best pets.

Last edited by reddice; 11-01-2016 at 09:32 AM.
reddice is offline  
post #369 of 458 Old 12-05-2016, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Last night's episode of Showtime's "Shameless" had stunning PQ and weighed in at around 5.5 Mbps. No doubt now that some of their shows are 1080p but I think whether you get that stream or not depends on when you are watching and the demand on Hulu.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #370 of 458 Old 12-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hulu's finally stepping up from 720p all the way to UHD! W00t!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...nd-films/37117
AaronY is offline  
post #371 of 458 Old 12-06-2016, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronY View Post
Hulu's finally stepping up from 720p all the way to UHD! W00t!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...nd-films/37117
Only Xbox One S and PS4 Pro right now, no HDR and as far as I can tell, stereo. Hulu still lagging behind.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #372 of 458 Old 12-07-2016, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 4,767
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 344
I would assume that the 4K material will come with 5.1 sound as a minimum.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #373 of 458 Old 12-07-2016, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 4,767
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronY View Post
Hulu's finally stepping up from 720p all the way to UHD! W00t!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...nd-films/37117
There have been several examples of 1080p material on Hulu in this thread so it's not strictly 720p to 4K.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #374 of 458 Old 12-07-2016, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
I had trouble getting "Shut Eye" last night* to play in 1080p if that was what was happening. I'll have to see if they have a minimum bandwidth for 4K. If they are using VP9 don't count on 5.1 sound right away as that will probably come with AV1 in the spring. Surround on VP9 and VP10 (for AV1) has been in beta. This will avoid a license fee from Dolby.

The first episode of "Shut Eye" did play right away in 1080p. The second needed restarts to get a 1080p episode. The first episode was around 1400 MB according to my utility. That was using my 4K Roku TV. I'll have to see what happens now with the Shield TV which also supports 4K. "Chance" did play last night in what appeared to be 1080p but the file size was only around 500 MB so that might have been VP9. On the Shield TV I could use the Android debugger to see what stream was being sent and in what codec as they log that stuff.

Sometime I wonder if Hulu is having a bit of a CDN problem. Last I checked they were using Akamai which I would think would be up to the demand.

*Hulu debut times like Netflix are 12 midnight so on the west coast they actually debut at 9PM the night before. BTW, I disagree with the review of "Shut Eye" Dad posted as I thought the show is quite good.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #375 of 458 Old 12-07-2016, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
4K Info on Hulu (mentions 1080p too):
https://help.hulu.com/articles/57083698
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #376 of 458 Old 12-07-2016, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I had trouble getting "Shut Eye" last night* to play in 1080p if that was what was happening. I'll have to see if they have a minimum bandwidth for 4K. If they are using VP9 don't count on 5.1 sound right away as that will probably come with AV1 in the spring. Surround on VP9 and VP10 (for AV1) has been in beta. This will avoid a license fee from Dolby.

The first episode of "Shut Eye" did play right away in 1080p. The second needed restarts to get a 1080p episode. The first episode was around 1400 MB according to my utility. That was using my 4K Roku TV. I'll have to see what happens now with the Shield TV which also supports 4K. "Chance" did play last night in what appeared to be 1080p but the file size was only around 500 MB so that might have been VP9. On the Shield TV I could use the Android debugger to see what stream was being sent and in what codec as they log that stuff.

Sometime I wonder if Hulu is having a bit of a CDN problem. Last I checked they were using Akamai which I would think would be up to the demand.

*Hulu debut times like Netflix are 12 midnight so on the west coast they actually debut at 9PM the night before. BTW, I disagree with the review of "Shut Eye" Dad posted as I thought the show is quite good.
So is it supporting 1080p output on Shield TV?

A bit confused about what you said on surround sound. Does it, or doesn't support DD5.1?

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #377 of 458 Old 12-07-2016, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
So is it supporting 1080p output on Shield TV?

A bit confused about what you said on surround sound. Does it, or doesn't support DD5.1?
Yes, I can get 1080p streams from Hulu on the Shield TV as well as Roku TV and my Sony BD player. But not consistently as I mentioned above. No 5.1 yet.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #378 of 458 Old 12-07-2016, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Yes, I can get 1080p streams from Hulu on the Shield TV as well as Roku TV and my Sony BD player. But not consistently as I mentioned above. No 5.1 yet.
How do you know streams are 1080p? There is no indicator on any of the apps (Shield TV included).

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #379 of 458 Old 12-08-2016, 01:26 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 20,409
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
Liked: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
I would assume that the 4K material will come with 5.1 sound as a minimum.
And you would be incorrect in that assumption. Audio is still stereo on all of the 4K title's I've tried.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #380 of 458 Old 12-08-2016, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 4,767
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
And you would be incorrect in that assumption. Audio is still stereo on all of the 4K title's I've tried.
D'oh!

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #381 of 458 Old 12-08-2016, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
How do you know streams are 1080p? There is no indicator on any of the apps (Shield TV included).
Yeah, an indicator would help but they haven't bothered to implement one and you only get the indicator on Netflix with certain devices. But I think many of the members here can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p by their look. They've developed the ability over the years by noticing the difference between FOX and ABC which are 720p and CBS and NBC which are 1080i. If one has been editing video then even more so. There is a noticeable crispness to 1080p that you won't get with upscaled 720p.

Plus I develop apps for Android so wrote a little utility that provides the file sizes being streamed to the Shield TV. I also wrote an app that allows me to get the number of received data from my gateway which I can use for my Roku TV and BD player. On Roku some bitrates on Hulu come up at around 5 Mbps on titles that definitely had the definition of 1080p. OTOH, I've see high PQ on file sizes at around 1.5 Mbps which means they are using HEVC or VP9 (more likely on devices that support it). I have also experimented encoding with both those codecs.

Hulu has now officially announced that they stream in 1080p as well as some titles in 4K. But that doesn't preclude they either been testing or accidentally made 1080p streams available. The first "accident" I noticed was back in 2013 when I got a Chromecast and signed up for Hulu+. Sure the shows were 720p but there were a few local ads that annoying rebuffered because 1080p ads were provided (don't think ad agencies understand TV resolutions). When played those were obviously 1080p. Last year some of the Epic titles they acquired may have accidentally streamed in 1080p. They probably don't bother to check.

BTW, anyone here have a PS4 Pro and does the manual have a listing for codec support. The only specs I can find are for "containers" and often there is a separate listing for codes. Sony's online manual doesn't have that. OTOH, the Xbox One S info does list both VP9 and HEVC suppoort.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #382 of 458 Old 12-08-2016, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Well, the originals do look good, even on my old Panasonic BDP-210 @ 3.2MBps. For me it's hard to tell. Yes I can tell the difference between 4k and 1080p, but 720p and 1080p is more difficult, especially with the better compression methods these days.

Too bad about the lack of surround tho. My subscription runs out in March- with all the other options out there (4k/HDR/surround) I don't see myself renewing it.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #383 of 458 Old 12-09-2016, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
My experience last night: I started watching "Designated Survivor" and the picture was soft obviously 720p but after a couple minutes wanted to back up and check guest star credits. When I did that I got a crisp picture obviously 1080p. I checked after the show for how much data was transmitted and it was around 1500 MB so definitely NOT 720p. The a "Shut Eye" episode played 1080p but when the next episode began I couldn't get it out of 720p so quite and went back at 11 PM and got 1080p data transmitted again around 1300 MB. This is on a Roku TV.

Notice that Hulu is doing their first 4K rollout on PS4 Pro and Xbox One S. I would call that a beta because those platforms at this time would be limited in number because they are new devices. So they can see what problems happen before they try it on a larger platform like Roku.

I've talked about VP9 but here is a short talk by Viacom's SVP of tech on why he likes it:
http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articl...ey-114925.aspx

Gives you a good idea how the industry thinks.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #384 of 458 Old 12-09-2016, 10:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 53
1080p/4k support with 2.0 audio seems a bit arbitrary. If only they went whole hog...

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #385 of 458 Old 12-10-2016, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
1080p/4k support with 2.0 audio seems a bit arbitrary. If only they went whole hog...
One thing is that not all shows are produced using surround and of those that are not all are sound designed but instead run through a filter that produces artificial surround. Real surround production costs money and we're had a discussion about that elsewhere regarding UK productions.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #386 of 458 Old 12-10-2016, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,490
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
And you would be incorrect in that assumption. Audio is still stereo on all of the 4K title's I've tried.
Michael did you try any of the Bond titles? How did they look in 4K?
Spizz is offline  
post #387 of 458 Old 12-10-2016, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 20,409
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
Liked: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post
Michael did you try any of the Bond titles? How did they look in 4K?

I just sampled the beginnings of a half dozen of them. The modern are decent but not overwhelming; it'd be interesting to compare them with 1080p (I might be able to by flipping back and forth between them displayed on the Xbox One S and Roku Premiere+; some other time). I was most impressed by the restored film transfers. Very clean and sharp.

The 4K stuff consists of 4 or 5 original series and 22 Bond films, which means a few of them are missing (there's only Spectre of the Daniel Craig films, so Skyfall , Quantum of Solace, Casino Royale 2006 and Casino Royale 1967 are all missing). Still, 22 Bond films would be a hell of a binge .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill

Last edited by michaeltscott; 12-10-2016 at 10:11 PM.
michaeltscott is online now  
post #388 of 458 Old 12-11-2016, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delta Quadrant
Posts: 2,196
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Anyone watched Horace and Pete yet? I recorded it and was surprised at only 1 30 second ad before it started - most TV episodes have several embedded ads. It had a weird 30-second "intermission" about halfway through though. (I just have the $6/mo plan)...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 12-11-2016 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typo
cc_in_oh is offline  
post #389 of 458 Old 12-11-2016, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 4,227
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1542 Post(s)
Liked: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Anyone watched Horace and Pete yet?
I watched the first episode and thought it was great.
Ken.F is offline  
post #390 of 458 Old 12-11-2016, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delta Quadrant
Posts: 2,196
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I watched the first episode and thought it was great.
Do you have ad-free Hulu? Did your play have the intermission? I only saw it because PlayOn didn't insert any scene markers for ads so I scanned the whole thing while editing with VideoRedo to double check. Ep 2 was the same...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
cc_in_oh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off