Getting rid of blu ray player for streaming device..anybody do it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Has anybody stopped using their blu ray player and converted to 100% streaming for their movies. Blockbuster online has been getting worse and worse with their blu ray movie inventory, I assume because of their financial issues. I get 3 movies at a time but they often can only send me onemaybe two movies in my queue. Most just sit there with a message of long wait. So lately I have been streaming 1080P movies from my xbox 360. I am surprised at the picture quality, it is actually excellent. I know when I played around with it a couple of years ago, the HD movies were pretty bad quality. I am quite pleased so far. So much so I am considering dropping blockbuster blu ray account and just relying on my XBOX 360 to watch movies. Anybody else have thought on PQ of streaming versus blu ray. Anybody else stop using their player? I might also get an Apple 3TV to be a dedicated streaming device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-19-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Anybody else have thought on PQ of streaming versus blu ray.

Blu-ray still wins on picture (and especially audio) quality that I'm not about to give up the discs for movies I want to own. For rentals and such, though, streaming has become a lot more attractive.

Although given the functionality of a lot of blu-ray players, you don't necessarily have to get a new device for streaming, unless there is a specific app or function you need that no player has. If your player is DLNA certified, you can even have it stream just about anything with the right software.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page