Cutting from cable almost solved - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Video Download Services & Hardware > Cutting from cable almost solved
telon175's Avatar telon175 08:09 PM 03-21-2012
I have found solutions to get the content I need for my wife except for the Syfi channel. She records lost girl and being human I believe.

I am unable to find something other than cable or satellite.

Is there some other free or not to expensive service I can get to get the Syfi channel shows in HD?

Tulpa's Avatar Tulpa 09:53 PM 03-21-2012
You can purchase them on iTunes. That's about it. Nothing free from any official channels that I know of.
telon175's Avatar telon175 09:57 PM 03-21-2012
Ok that it what I was afaid of when I get home I will see what a show cost on Itunes.
I am afraid if I have to pay for Tv shows that she likes to whatch the savings will go down a lot.
Tulpa's Avatar Tulpa 10:00 PM 03-21-2012
The first season of Lost Girl is about $21. About the same as the DVD for most shows, but you can watch them now.

Being Human is a British show, so the cost is going to be more, and the price is currently 19 pounds, so it'll be around $30 per season. That's still in line with most other DVDs from that side of the pond (Sherlock, etc.)

But it's not a rental, you get to keep them.
telon175's Avatar telon175 10:59 PM 03-21-2012
Yea thats no a bad deal but will be last seasons shows, so I will just have to convince her to wait till they come out on DVD.
Tulpa's Avatar Tulpa 09:32 AM 03-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokilarry View Post

Being Human on Syfy is the American version. Different actors and stories. I however liked the British version better.

Ah. I was searching iTunes and the British one came up. Didn't look any further.
[Irishman]'s Avatar [Irishman] 03:31 PM 03-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokilarry View Post

Being Human on Syfy is the American version. Different actors and stories. I however liked the British version better.

Me too! MY wife and I walked into it in the middle of the first season, and have been hooked. So sad the changes of late. I don't know how I feel about that.

Good news is that the Third Season is up on Netflix in HD.
Up
Mobile  Desktop