Viera Cast on Panasonic Blu Ray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have tried to figure this out and just can't. I am not able to connect to the Viera Cast on my panasonic bd60 blu ray. The internet connections all pass. I can access Viera Cast if I turn off my WEB and make it an open network. I am hoping there is a way to change my router/internet settings though so I don't have to do this. I use Verizon Fios. Anyone have this issue? Thanks so much for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
You mean ViraConnect right? ViraCast is no longer around. ViraConnect is software inside the player. It allows you to access HULU+, Netflix, and Youtube. It also allows you to access shares on your network, DLNA servers, Network drives, and all sorts of connected media. I think there is a setting in your setup that is turned off. Look around in the setup or settings. You could also do a factory reset. That will work for sure.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #3 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

To be honest I have had this dvd player for a few years and never used the internet part of it until now. I mentioned Viera Cast because that is the button that is on my remote. I am just confused why it works/connects in an unsecured network but not in a secured one. I have tried all types of settings.
post #4 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM

When you say unsecured network, what do you mean by that? Are you using the WIFI? Are you using the WIFI on a neighbors WIFI? Give me some details? When you say connect to the ViraCast, what do you mean by that?

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #5 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 120
I'm not really sure what your problem is but you may want to trying posting your question to the Panasonic DMP-BD60 Owners thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=netflix

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #6 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

I have set it up to my wireless network with an adapter. It connects/passes the connection test. When I go in and change my network to an open one, the viera services connect. When I go back and change it to wep or wpa, it doesn't connect (although the internet connection is still there).
post #7 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpags View Post

I have set it up to my wireless network with an adapter. It connects/passes the connection test. When I go in and change my network to an open one, the viera services connect. When I go back and change it to wep or wpa, it doesn't connect (although the internet connection is still there).

You have not set up the WPA or WEP in your wireless router. You need to go into your router config page and set your own WEP key or WPA key. After you set your own key in the router, then enter that same key into the setting of the player where it says to. This is why you are not able to use ViraConnect. Without that key, you will not be able to use Netflix or HULU. Yes, your player can connect to the signal, but it will not allow you to use that signal without a matching key. Do you understand?

Cheers
post #8 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM

If you can, use WPA2/AES. This will give you the best throughput for your wireless signal and also give you good protection from WIFI leaches trying to use your WIFI.

Cheers
post #9 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 420
You'll have to tell us what wifi adapter you've plugged into the player. Typically a 3rd party adapter will need to be set up on a PC so you can enter the key. Then plug it into the player and it should work.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page