Blockbuster disc delivery is S-L-O-W in NYC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-19-2012, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone noticed?

I am in Brooklyn, their depot is in Queens. It used to be that I drop disc in the mail early morning, BB confirms receipt next day (sometimes a day after) and sends new disc the same day.

Now I mailed last disc about 4 days ago - it still haven't been confirmed as received. Plus they take up to 2 days to sent a next one.

If anyone has NF disc delivery - how is is nowadays?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeschmoe007 View Post

Has anyone noticed?

I am in Brooklyn, their depot is in Queens. It used to be that I drop disc in the mail early morning, BB confirms receipt next day (sometimes a day after) and sends new disc the same day.

Now I mailed last disc about 4 days ago - it still haven't been confirmed as received. Plus they take up to 2 days to sent a next one.

If anyone has NF disc delivery - how is is nowadays?

Nope, not here. Just mailed in a movie Friday and they got today and sent out email asking when I mailed it.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 7 Old 05-19-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 42
At least here in the Chicago area, NF has generally been good. Typically a 2-day turn.

I'm surprised you still get any service, but then there are probably so few people left, they aren't very busy. If it wasn't for being bought by Dish, they'd be long gone.

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR
post #4 of 7 Old 05-21-2012, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about canceling them and just adding one bluray at a time to my Netflix account. I know Netflix charges extra for bluray so I have to see how that compares to BB one disc at a time and if BB is cheaper, I'll just switch to that from my two disc at a time plan.

They've had Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol as short wait for a while then they switched it to available about a week ago. I moved it to the top of my queue and they keep sending me other available discs further down my queue instead of that movie. Also, pretty much all of the recent releases in my queue show as either short wait or long wait.

Their turnaround hasn't been the greatest either. And since the store right down the street from me closed where I could at least trade stuff in for new releases on the way home from work instead of waiting for them to send me stuff from me queue I'm really debating keeping them at all.

Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-21-2012, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 6 Pack View Post

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about canceling them and just adding one bluray at a time to my Netflix account. I know Netflix charges extra for bluray so I have to see how that compares to BB one disc at a time and if BB is cheaper, I'll just switch to that from my two disc at a time plan.

For people joining today, both companies are the same price if you want Blu-ray (Netflix is cheaper if you only want DVD):
  • 1 BD is $9.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $2 cheaper at $7.99)
  • 2 BDs are $14.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $3 cheaper at $11.99)
  • 3 BDs are $19.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $4 cheaper at $15.99)

There may be some other plans that BB has (without instore exchanges for example) that are a little cheaper though, but they don't advertise those on the site for new customers as far as I can tell.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, I cancelled this month after 5 years. But I've already posted in the Blu-ray software area, under the Blockbuster Rental thread.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-21-2012, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

For people joining today, both companies are the same price if you want Blu-ray (Netflix is cheaper if you only want DVD):
  • 1 BD is $9.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $2 cheaper at $7.99)
  • 2 BDs are $14.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $3 cheaper at $11.99)
  • 3 BDs are $19.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $4 cheaper at $15.99)

There may be some other plans that BB has (without instore exchanges for example) that are a little cheaper though, but they don't advertise those on the site for new customers as far as I can tell.

Thanks for this. The reason I initially signed up with Blockbuster was that I didn't have any sort of streaming and only wanted to rent blurays. Since there was a BB store right by my house I was basically on a 4 at time plan for the price of the 2 disc plan since I could get two by mail, trade them in at the store, return those when I was done, and BB would send another two in the normal timeframe.

Their turnaround has gotten a little longer and with my store closing, I lose the in-store trade in advantage. I might just switch to Netflix so I only have one company to pay. With the glut of streaming content and my own local content it would probably benefit me to just get the one bluray at a time and save some cash.

Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page