Samsung BD-e5300 not streaming netflix in dd+ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Hi there, I just got off the phone with 2 techs from Samsung who had no idea what I was talking about. I've sent them a message in the mean time and am waiting for a response from a QUALIFIED tech. In the mean time, For some reason the new bd disk player won't output netflix in dd+. It's downconverting it to regular dolby. Before you ask, My AV receiver is more than capable of handling dd+, ( it's a newer Denon AVR 391 ), The stream is Definitely dd+ from the particular title I was trying to stream ( as it worked in dd+ on my roku2 player) and It's of course connected with hdmi cables. The side of the box clearly states it handles dd+. So I have no idea what the problem is. I asked the tech's if only plays blu rays in dd+ but they said no it should have no problem handling it. At which time I argued with them about 1. whether my receiver is capable of handling dd+ ( It Is ) and whether or not Netflix even streams dd+ ( It Does). I've tried tinkiering with the settings to let it bitstream the original signal directly to my AVR to no avail. I'm still just getting boring old Dolby no matter what I do. Which means that this purchase was just 100 dollars I'm tossing out the window, as my ps3 already plays netflix in boring old dolby. ARGH!! Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are you sure your samsung player can do DD+ from Netflix??

On the Netflix menu, under Audio and Subtitles do you see the words "Doby Digital PLUS"??

netflix-audio.jpg 414k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg netflix-audio.jpg (413.6 KB, 12 views)
post #3 of 4 Old 07-23-2012, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yup, It was streaming in the dd+. Triple checked it. In any case, after about 3 hours with techs that gave me answers such as " get an optical cable hdmi won't carry digital signals " to " netflix doesn't stream in dolby digital " I gave up and returned it. Spent an extra 20 bucks, and got a Sony that worked immediately with crystal clear sound and picture. Last time I ever buy a Samsung. Long live Sony.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-24-2012, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

... And it was set to bitstream.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Tags
Samsung Bd E5300 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Samsung Blu Ray Disc Player Bd E5300 , Samsung Bd E5300 Blu Ray Disc Player With Mini Tool Box
Gear in this thread - E5300 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page