Help BNC to capture card - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-26-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am trying to capture a video feed from a BNC source. I have a capture card that accepts either rca or svideo. I figured RCA to BNC was easy enough, so I cut two cables and spliced them together.

When I attach the input into my capture card and fire up xawtv, I get the attached image. I can actually see some of the picture, its just that most of it is hidden by lines and noise. Xawtv seems to display a slightly better image if I have it in SECAM mode. Does the attached image seem like the format is wrong? I am not too familiar with the scanning frequencies, but how would I go about troubleshooting a problem with them?

I am ordering a new cable adapter/converter, but I am not convinced that is my problem. I know that the video capture card is working properly because I am able to get a good image from another source (using an svideo cable and the svideo input).

Any other advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-26-2012, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 317
You'll need to determine exactly what video signal format is being used by your source.

BNC is just a cabling convention. It implies almost nothing about the video signal format. However, most video sources which use BNC connectors do not use composite or s-video signals. RGB with sync on green is common, as is RGBHV (RGB plus separate horizontal and vertical sync signals).

Selden
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page