capture tv via wireless? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2012, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guysgals, I'm new to video capture and I'm sorry if m posting in the wrong section, all i want is to stream and record what's on my tv to my laptop (wirelessly). right now i bought a video capture usb (SIIG/Honestech) that's working great except my laptop/pc has to be connected (via a usb & rca cable interface to the TV) and I'd prefer if i could do it wirelessly w/o connecting my laptop to the TV. Can this product do what I'm looking for? Thanks

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/4CH-2-4Ghz-Wireless-Video-Capture-USB-DVR-Security-Camera-Recorder-WF6-system-/170837632407?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item27c6b76597

change the hxxp to http for the link above
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 73
This probably isn't the right forum, I'd suggest Digital Media Servers and Content Streamers. That said I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. do you want to record TV from OTA or cable channels on your computer? Do you just want to watch TV on your computer?

There are any number of ways to accomplish some version of what I think you're after. Do you have a wireless router? Is your only computer the laptop? Something like this will get cable and OTA TV onto your network, but you will need some sort of program, Windows Media player, Myth TV or such to make use of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILICON-DUST-HD-TWO-TUNER-ATSC-CLEAR-QAM-HD-HomeRun-Dual-Tuner-MCE-TV-MythTV-/150894335237?pt=US_Video_Capture_TV_Tuner_Cards&hash=item232200d505
post #3 of 3 Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Man! Basically I'm trying to view what ever is displayed on TV (Dish, DVR, or what ever is displayed on the tv screen) on my laptop, and I was hoping there was a way to do that without a bunch of cable running around!
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page