7 second replay and 30 second skip - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I have a WD Live and like it, except for the lack of functions on the remote. Does anyone know of a similar device that has an instant replay and a skip ahead? I've been spoiled by my DVR and grown dependent on these functions. I don't need much, I'm playing files on my network. Amazon instant and Netflix would be nice to have, but the only real req is the skip. (it's for exercise vids on avi and I need lots of rewinds to catch up)

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-15-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 161
A lot of us would like that functionality on streaming devices and BD players. In fact it's been discussed on the BD player section. My Sony player just has their basic sorta Windows Media or VLC control and FF and RW are very clumsy. My Samsung player would display by thumbnails so it was a bit easier to go to a certain section. No excuse not to have replay and forward skip for DVDs and BDs but a little more difficult to implement on a streaming player though for the replay they could keep some buffer around. IOW, this is much easier to do on local media like a hard disc and optical disc.
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page