Hulu Exclusive Series and Recommendations - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Being OTA (only) I catch a few series via Hulu such as Covert Affairs. Of late I replaced my TiVo with WMC and as such I now have a HTPC connected to my TV and I installed Hulu Desktop which gives you a 10-foot interface (designed to be used with a remote). The image isn't anything to write home about but after a few minuets it tends to disappear as the storyline develops.

Recently Hulu redesigned their site and are highlighting their exclusive series heavily. They also appear to be pushing movies as well and I just noticed Amelie and of course they feature The Criterion Collection. Is anyone taking advantage of this content? How do their series stand up? With the image quality and forced commercials I don't find it a mainstream solution to content but just as catching a few pay-TV series I'm wondering if their exclusive content is worth seeking out.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

Is anyone taking advantage of this content?

Been more than a year since I used Hulu, just can't hack the commercials. I too am OTA only (cut the cord with DirecTV 2004 & Dish in 2006), PBS via AMC-21 satellite and Blu-ray by mail so I have more than I can watch. Have a fair size Blu-ray collection, Amazon Prime, Vudu & Netflix to fill in any gaps.

post #3 of 5 Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 159
The exclusive content looks decent on hulu plus, and commercials are minimal. I don't even bother with free hulu.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #4 of 5 Old 11-16-2012, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have Hulu Plus built into my Pan. 220 player. If I want to sign up, do I do it thru the Blu-ray player somehow, or do I do it online? I already have Netflix streaming, so I don't know if it would be worth it signing up for Hulu Plus? Thanks.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

I have Hulu Plus built into my Pan. 220 player. If I want to sign up, do I do it thru the Blu-ray player somehow, or do I do it online? I already have Netflix streaming, so I don't know if it would be worth it signing up for Hulu Plus? Thanks.

You do it online. it shoud offer you a one week free trial when you go to the Hulu site. Poke around for a few days and see if you like it.
http://www.hulu.com/plus/devices

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page