Explorer 8300 DVR - Suddenlink Cable - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've recorded a movie on the Explorer 8300 that I want to transfer to a dvd. I've connected the dvd recorder (Sony VRD-MC6) video/audio in ports to the Explorer video/audio out ports. The movie appears in the viewing screen on the recorder, but when I push the record button, a message appears indicating it isn't receiving a video signal. Suddenlink claims that the ports are copy protected, preventing me from burning a dvd. Is there any way to get around this so that I can burn a dvd? I've tried connecting the recorder directly to our Vizio tv, but there are no video/audio out ports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-03-2012, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Many cable boxes will output MacroVision protection on analog video outputs if certain flags are set for that channel or recording. In fact, playing a recording may ALWAYS output the protection. Most newer recorders can pick up that protection, and will block the recording.

Years ago, there were 'MacroVision scrubber' boxes that cleaned up the sync issues used with VCR-scrambling MacroVision. I don't know if the current version of MacroVision works the same or has other code somehow embedded in the picture that a digital encoder can recognize.

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page