MarkMonitor .. Internet providers to begin warning customers who pirate content .. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 609
The Center for Copyright Information says a new system will warn users when accounts are used to illegally download content.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/18/tech/web/copyright-alert-system/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

The Center for Copyright Information says a new system will warn users when accounts are used to illegally download content.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/18/tech/web/copyright-alert-system/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

This is so wrong on so many levels. $35 for a review? Well, there goes the free WIFI at all the coffee shops. This opens up a huge can of fraud and abuse each ISP can use to make a little extra money. All they have to do is send you a note saying our system flagged you for downloading illegal content. Most people will say, "oh no, I better pay the $35 for a review so I can get my name cleared of being a criminal". Especially those little old ladies who surf the net for quilting patterns. You have to watch out for those old people. LOL!! Every American citizen just lost another piece of privacy. We may have not had much privacy throughout the years, but whatever we had left went right out the window. By-By!!!

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #3 of 3 Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post

This is so wrong on so many levels. $35 for a review? Well, there goes the free WIFI at all the coffee shops. This opens up a huge can of fraud and abuse each ISP can use to make a little extra money. All they have to do is send you a note saying our system flagged you for downloading illegal content. Most people will say, "oh no, I better pay the $35 for a review so I can get my name cleared of being a criminal". Especially those little old ladies who surf the net for quilting patterns. You have to watch out for those old people. LOL!! Every American citizen just lost another piece of privacy. We may have not had much privacy throughout the years, but whatever we had left went right out the window. By-By!!!

I'm sure the major ISP's have sufficient tech to isolate the users that are visting the Torrent sites and dowlloading ..

Myself, I'm surprised this sort of thing took so long to develop ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page