Netflix streaming not buffering after certain point - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Usually when streaming on Netflix Instant, your video streams ahead of the part you are watching in order to prevent any rebuffering. My Netflix will load up to a few minutes and no further. Once I watch up to that point, it tries to rebuffer but gets stuck at 0%. No error message pops up. It just stays at 0%. It acts as if my internet has stopped working and it cannot rebuffer or reload the video, even when my internet connection is perfectly fine. And it takes more than 1 minute to return to the Browsing section of Netflix.
My connection is wired directly into my 2010 iMac and my speed is 1.5 MB. All other video on all other sites work fine, even though my connection isn't the fastest there is. It doesn't matter what internet browser I use, as it does the same thing on all of them. I've tried deleting Silverlight and reinstalling a newly downloaded version. This works for a time but the dreaded 0% returns after 1 viewing. And clearly I've powercycled, deleted cookies, restarted Mac and browsers...in others words I've tried EVERYTHING.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Other folks on this thread have found that if the show is very popular then you get rebuffering but if you select a less popular movie may stream just fine even in HD. I've seen that myself and I somewhat expected it with "House of Cards" but it didn't happen. Maybe they allocated more resources for that series.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

Other folks on this thread have found that if the show is very popular then you get rebuffering but if you select a less popular movie may stream just fine even in HD. I've seen that myself and I somewhat expected it with "House of Cards" but it didn't happen. Maybe they allocated more resources for that series.

What's your connection speed? I never have buffering issues. However I've seen a few, less popular HD titles, fluctuate back and forth to SD, which I believe is a Netflix issue, since it only happens on those specific titles and occures at any given time.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #4 of 9 Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

My connection speed is 12 mbps. It will show up to 10 mbps when loading the buffer.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My connection speed is 12 mbps. It will show up to 10 mbps when loading the buffer.

I would contact customer support. Even when I had DSL with a download speed less the 3 megs I never experienced any buffering issues. The quality was similar to DVD. Also what device(s) are you using?

Ian

post #6 of 9 Old 02-08-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

For the record I'm a software developer so know what to look for. Plus I can check my connection for speed and it wasn't my service. I know we get all kinds of guesses from IT people here but no one except the folks at Netflix really know and they aren't prone to talking. I also have a variety of devices with Netflix on them including computers, two BD players and two Android devices.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For the record I'm a software developer so know what to look for. Plus I can check my connection for speed and it wasn't my service. I know we get all kinds of guesses from IT people here but no one except the folks at Netflix really know and they aren't prone to talking. I also have a variety of devices with Netflix on them including computers, two BD players and two Android devices.

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. As I posted on another thread, I also have several devices on my Network, including an Android, 2 PC's, 1 MAC, 1 Roku and 2 BD players as well. I assure you, I'm not experiencing buffering issues with any of them. Let us know if you find a solution.

Ian wink.gif

post #8 of 9 Old 02-09-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

To be clear "I've seen the problem in the past" not currently. So have others. If you are in "Springsteen country" you are closer to the servers they are "supposedly" using. I'm also in the entertainment industry so got a little bit of an idea about how the thing is being run and probably a bit different from what NF PR wants you to know. wink.gif
post #9 of 9 Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

To be clear "I've seen the problem in the past" not currently. So have others. If you are in "Springsteen country" you are closer to the servers they are "supposedly" using. I'm also in the entertainment industry so got a little bit of an idea about how the thing is being run and probably a bit different from what NF PR wants you to know. wink.gif

I was a stage actor, director, and a TV production assistant, I also worked in sales and marketing, so I know exactly what you're saying. I guess it takes one to know one. wink.gif

Ian

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page