1st Gen AppleTV and Onkyo TX-NR515 HDMI issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-26-2013, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my new NR515 yesterday. I'm fighting with the component upscaling to HDMI, but my real problem is that the HDMI from my 1st Gen AppleTV won't sync. I've spent 20 minutes or so on the phone with Onkyo support, but I thought I'd post this here as well.

The ATV will connect and display the Apple logo at boot, but then at some point when it is trying to negotiate 1080 or 720, it loses connection. The funny part is, that the 515 has a "picture in picture" feature for HDMI connected devices, and the ATV shows up (usually the screen saver) on there. But when i switch to that input, it just flips back and forth between 1080 and 720 and never syncs up. I tried to set the ATV to 720p manually in the settings, but that didn't help.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Please, no Apple hate posts, or suggestions about upgrading to a newer unit. Obviously a newer unit may perform better, but I don't have that yet. (I actually do, but not connected to this setup). I still like the old school ATV because it has a HDD in it and I can take movies offline with me in our camper on vacation.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2013, 03:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Just to narrow the problem down (forgive me it you have already tried this) does everything sync up it you run the ATV directly to the TV. If it does then the problem is with the Onkyo, it could be software issues or possibly hardware. How are your other HDMI devices getting along with the Onkyo.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr515
Gear in this thread - Nr515 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page