How to access the Netflix diagnostics menu - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-19-2013, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
For those interested. Here is how you access the Netflix diagnostics menu:

As it turns out, there's a little known secret that works for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 systems. When logged in to the Netflix app on your console, simple enter the secret combination below on your controller's directional pad.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up

Here is the link
http://xbox-360.wonderhowto.com/how-to/access-hidden-netflix-menu-your-xbox-360-ps3-using-super-secret-code-0144528/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-19-2013, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
What this code does is take you to the secret Netflix diagnostics page, which you can use to deactivate and log out of your account, then associate a different Netflix account with your gamertag, among other things.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA5CMPB View Post

As it turns out, there's a little known secret that works for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 systems. When logged in to the Netflix app on your console, simple enter the secret combination below on your controller's directional pad.

Here is the link
http://xbox-360.wonderhowto.com/how-to/access-hidden-netflix-menu-your-xbox-360-ps3-using-super-secret-code-0144528/

It works on every system that has the PS3 style UI except TiVo Premiere (which has its own Netflix account menu). First you have to get to the "Select your Netflix experience" dialog; if you're not there when you start, go to the Just for Kids UI (button at the top for most, press SELECT on the PS3), then exit Just for Kids. Works on my Panasonic and Sony BDPs and my WD TV Live, as well as my Xbox and PS3.

I didn't realize that it was "super secret" rolleyes.gif. I think that I read it posted in some forum by someone who got it from a Netflix phone CSR.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
post #4 of 5 Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA5CMPB View Post

Here is the link

This does something very different on the Xbox 360 than it used to do on the PS3. The diagnostics that you can do on the Xbox were never available on the PS3. It simply let you deactivate or change users. It no longer has any use on the PS3 because Netflix changed the procedure.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by puregenius View Post

It no longer has any use on the PS3 because Netflix changed the procedure.

It lets you deactivate the PS3 as a device registered to your Netflix account. This is useful since quite a while ago Netflix changed the deactivate option on its web site to "deactivate all devices"; using this menu on individual devices is the only way to deactivate just the one.

On the Xbox 360 it gives a big list of diagnostic functions unlike anything available on other devices, in addition to the deactive option. BTW, I was wrong--it does work on the TiVo Premiere.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page