PAPOW when did Netflix get 55 3d titles - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter
KDH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sammeys Adventure Its fantasic. The best 3d quailty I have seen (beside bd) of course. But its is great and all of a sudden there is a whole 3D catogory. 55 titles. And its not the crappy 3d like some I have seen that I wont mention( dtv).
It is great and I dont even have the 12 meg. Just getting 6 to 7 on my 12 service with the unblock. There is something screwy with them and the ps3. and all they do is keep spewing the same garbage that they have been saying for 2 years now for ps3 owners. Just do a google on ps3 unblock and slow. I get the same copy and pasted ansers. So much for great customer service. But thats another topic.
ps3 and netflix just opend up a door for me. You can fine me in front of the 115 ze bd and my sony 50. Heck I may just move the bed in there cause Im taking some time off from work. lol;) That dog gone Sammy splashed me last time , little raskel. But its all good cause I can just reach out a little and pet him on the head,,,,cause hes in my lap... WOW. Its what 3D should be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Yeah, I just discovered the 3D section the other night and watched the Patagonia Dinosaurs and Sammy's Adventure. It looks really, really good considering it's streaming. Thank you Netflix!
post #3 of 11 Old 03-29-2013, 04:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDH View Post

...all of a sudden there is a whole 3D catogory. 55 titles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post

...I just discovered the 3D section the other night...

Is this at their site or does it just show up in the player UI if you have a 3D TV? Though I have no personal interest in 3D video I'd be curious to see the list.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #4 of 11 Old 03-29-2013, 04:57 PM

Liked: 12
I didnt see it through my Win7 PC or my Samsung SmartTV. AT&T isnt part of Netflix's Open Connect CDN so I can't get those streams anyways.

post #5 of 11 Old 03-29-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Is this at their site or does it just show up in the player UI if you have a 3D TV? Though I have no personal interest in 3D video I'd be curious to see the list.

yes, I would like to see a thorough list. I have watched several 3D titles on NF, in my 3D category it has a few but not 55
post #6 of 11 Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It's possible that Netflix doesn't want to reveal a list of these to anyone who can't actually play them in 3D, thus avoiding complaints. That means that you'd only see them in a 3D genre list in the player UI on a PS3 connected to a 3D TV or on some 3D LG TVs if you have access to Open Connect servers.

Why KDH can see 55 of them and you can't see as many synistr is a puzzle. I wonder if you're both in the same Netflix region.

post #7 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 06:02 PM

KDH is right. there are 55 titles that appear in the U.S. region. Just never bothered to take the time to count. I am not sure that is all that is in the region however. Just what appears in the list. Also there are more titles that perceived in other regions because as I said, my friend has been watching titles in other regions in 3D that DONT have the 3D badge. The title will begin playing then (once he ramps up I assume) it pops up a notification saying its available for 3D playback and asks if you want to switch. He has a PS3 Slim.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr View Post

KDH is right. there are 55 titles that appear in the U.S. region. Just never bothered to take the time to count.

If you're using the PS3 Netflix player (and you could only be using a PS3 right now for 3D or one of a limited set of LG TVs) it tells you at the top of the screen how many titles there are in the row that you've selected; no counting necessary. I believe that the PS3's player will show a maximum of 75 titles per row and if there are at least 75 titles which match the genre it generally will show 75 of them (perhaps the 75 most popular). It's not true of the "made up" genres based on the preference information you gave them and what you've been watching like, "Violent Suspenseful Action & Adventure".

post #9 of 11 Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 576
Quote:

If you're using the PS3 Netflix player (and you could only be using a PS3 right now for 3D or one of a limited set of LG TVs) it tells you at the top of the screen how many titles there are in the row that you've selected; no counting necessary. I believe that the PS3's player will show a maximum of 75 titles per row and if there are at least 75 titles which match the genre it generally will show 75 of them (perhaps the 75 most popular). It's not true of the "made up" genres based on the preference information you gave them and what you've been watching like, "Violent Suspenseful Action & Adventure".

The Sony S5100 player has access to the Netflix 3D. Much better than the PS3 since the PS3 is limited to 720P output for 3D from the apps. While the Sony S5100 can output the 3D in 1080P from the apps.

My S5100 was an excellent replacement for my PS3. Plus it uses less power than the PS3. And there are no problems from stereo tracks in the Amazon app like the PS3 has.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #10 of 11 Old 04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

The Sony S5100 player has access to the Netflix 3D.

Good to know. You'd think that they'd bother to keep the list of compatible devices in their support pages up to date.

I've grown to truly detest the S390. Did they at least get rid of that BS about "Finding new Internet content" and "Connecting to Internet"?

post #11 of 11 Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 576
Quote:

Good to know. You'd think that they'd bother to keep the list of compatible devices in their support pages up to date.

I've grown to truly detest the S390. Did they at least get rid of that BS about "Finding new Internet content" and "Connecting to Internet"?

Unfortunately not. Well I keep seeing it on my S5100. No idea why especially since I'm using the quick standby, but it still shows up when I access an internet app the following day. That is the one thing I dislike about my S5100. Well that and the look of the player. But at least it uses less power than my PS3. But overall I have been pleased with the S5100. I like it better than the Panny BDT220 I had been using.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page