Love having VUDU copies; I can download them to watch on my tablet on flights, in waiting rooms, etc. even with no wi-fi connection. However, I would never have only VUDU copies due to some of the concerns expressed above and because I have found that blu-ray discs with UV copies are very common now and with proper timing are usually MUCH CHEAPER than the VUDU versions alone. So here is what I do, keeping in mind that I am not in a big hurry to have any particular title like so many people seem to be.
1. Compile a list of favorites I want to purchase someday.
2. Wait for the November / December "Black Friday" time frame.
3. Keep an eye on deal sites, Amazon, Best Buy, Fry's, AVSForum, etc. for specials on blu-ray discs with UV copies included.
Last Fall I purchased many of these in the $3.99 to $10.99 price range.
4. Go crazy snapping up discs from my list.
5. Redeem the UV codes and download to tablets, laptops, etc.
6. Rinse and repeat.
Best of both worlds and less money out of my pocket to boot.