Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 40 Old 04-26-2016, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 441
If HBO Now outputs 6 Mbps 1080p on the Roku 3 why would HBO Go have a different encode?

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 04-27-2016, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
If HBO Now outputs 6 Mbps 1080p on the Roku 3 why would HBO Go have a different encode?
For a long time HBO GO on the roku only supported 720p and DD. It was a well known thing and existed I think because they made the HBO GO app years ago before the NOW one came out.
post #33 of 40 Old 04-28-2016, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronY View Post
For a long time HBO GO on the roku only supported 720p and DD. It was a well known thing and existed I think because they made the HBO GO app years ago before the NOW one came out.
True. I was thinking of the newer content.

post #34 of 40 Old 08-24-2017, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
True. I was thinking of the newer content.
My roommate and I just picked up a new TV (Sony XBR65X900E)...it is a beautiful TV but...

When I watch Netflix programs that have 5.1 available, everything is fine. But it is when I use HBOGO to watch GoT, only then do I only get stereo.

Is this a bug/problem with this TV and receiving 5.1 from HBOGO? I know it is not my receiver or its settings because Netflix works just fine.

My old TV (Samsung UN55JU7500) had this option of being able to use PCM, Dolby Digital (when available) or DTS (when available) and sometimes going from a program that is only available in DTS or DD, I would have to manually switch back and forth, but I cannot seem to find a similar option anywhere on this Sony TV.

Anyone had similar problem? Is this purely a HBOGO thing or am I not looking hard enough?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.
post #35 of 40 Old 08-25-2017, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Thai View Post
My roommate and I just picked up a new TV (Sony XBR65X900E)...it is a beautiful TV but...

When I watch Netflix programs that have 5.1 available, everything is fine. But it is when I use HBOGO to watch GoT, only then do I only get stereo.

Is this a bug/problem with this TV and receiving 5.1 from HBOGO? I know it is not my receiver or its settings because Netflix works just fine.

My old TV (Samsung UN55JU7500) had this option of being able to use PCM, Dolby Digital (when available) or DTS (when available) and sometimes going from a program that is only available in DTS or DD, I would have to manually switch back and forth, but I cannot seem to find a similar option anywhere on this Sony TV.

Anyone had similar problem? Is this purely a HBOGO thing or am I not looking hard enough?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.
Was the HBOGO app originally part of the included apps on the Sony or did you add it later? The reason I ask is because if you go to the HBOGO website you will see that Sony is not listed as a supported device. Is the Sony updated to the latest firmware? At this point I would guess it's an app issue.

post #36 of 40 Old 09-15-2017, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1741 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Do I have this right that because AT&T now has Time-Warner and I have AT&T's U-Verse for Internet I can watch HBO for free using GO? So far AT&T hasn't sent an email saying so but the press release I read yesterday on Dad's column seemed to say so. And believe me there's not a day that AT&T doesn't spam or snail mail me usually trying to sell me DirectTV or their wireless service.
post #37 of 40 Old 09-18-2017, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Do I have this right that because AT&T now has Time-Warner and I have AT&T's U-Verse for Internet I can watch HBO for free using GO? So far AT&T hasn't sent an email saying so but the press release I read yesterday on Dad's column seemed to say so. And believe me there's not a day that AT&T doesn't spam or snail mail me usually trying to sell me DirectTV or their wireless service.
I think you need to have DirecTV or DirecTV Now for the HBO Go.

post #38 of 40 Old 09-19-2017, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post
DirectV is just one of many.

http://www.hbo.com/order/order-hbo-p...elect-provider

post #39 of 40 Old 09-19-2017, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1741 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post
It seems to be aimed mainly at their wireless "Unlimited Choice" customers. I just find the wording in the news articles to be a little unclear. And yeah, AT&T could use free HBO as a customer retention device even for those who only use their broadband service. Comcast gave me "free" HBO for years every time I threatened to leave.

From the site
Ways to watch HBO:
AT&T Unlimited Choice and AT&T Unlimited Plus customers can look forward to HBO included in their wireless plan:
  • If you currently subscribe to HBO through an AT&T video service – DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW or U-verse TV – HBO will now be included for no added charge.
  • If you subscribe to an AT&T video service but not HBO, you’ll automatically receive unlimited access to HBO as part of your wireless plan.
  • If you don’t subscribe to an AT&T video service, you can access your HBO entertainment through the DIRECTV NOW and HBO GO apps.
post #40 of 40 Old 09-24-2017, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I google cast HBO Go from my Android phone to my Nvidia Shield because that's the only way I can watch from an Xfinity log-in. They just added DD+ bitstreaming with google cast (it was 2.0 before). I have no idea if it's 1080p or not.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page