Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-25-2017, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked: 1003
The State of Streaming 4K

So what is everyone watching 4K streaming? I have the Netflix subscription that has 4K. If you're into comedy there's lots of comedy specials. I just finished the first season of the Mexican series "El Chapo" which is in 4K. I don't have Amazon Prime but have watched some of the free "pilot" episodes in 4K.

Hulu still says that 4K is limited to the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S though some people with those are complaining the 4K logo isn't showing up anymore. Some of noted we seemed to see 1080p on Hulu long before I was made "official" back in December. Knowing how CDNs work that was not surprising as well as why some 4K content might not actually be limited to the two devices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-27-2017, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Most of my 4k viewing comes from both Netflix and Amazon Instant via the Nvidia Shield. The youtube App on my my Sony TV and Shield do not support HDR at the moment. Some of the videos found on Youytube, I'm able to download from 4k websites, stream them through Plex or Kodi, and I'm able to view them in HDR in this manner.

I did watch Fantastic Beasts a few weeks ago via Vudu, with Dolby Atmos (lossy through Vudu) and it was a good experience.

A good portion of Original Series provided by both Netflix and Amazon Instant are in UHD, and some also provide HDR as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page