Help - Redeemed Code @ Flixster but Movie Not Showing in Vudu Collection - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 08-17-2017, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Help - Redeemed Code @ Flixster but Movie Not Showing in Vudu Collection

Hi, I'm caught in some kind of virtuous loop. I purchased a movie code for Ghost in the Shell in UHD Dolby Vision. I redeemed code on Flixster first, link Flixster account to my Vudu account. However, Ghost in the Shell is still showing up in Vudu as not purchased. I think I may be confused about how these sites work together - Flixster, Ultraviolet and Vudu. Also, when I try to use the redeem code directly in Vudu I get an Invalid Code error message. Can someone help me figure this out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-17-2017, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Have the same question: how do the 3 work together?

If i redeem a code on vudu will the movie be available in all 3 services? how about on Flixster?
post #3 of 12 Old 08-18-2017, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 736 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTV Programmer View Post
Hi, I'm caught in some kind of virtuous loop. I purchased a movie code for Ghost in the Shell in UHD Dolby Vision. I redeemed code on Flixster first, link Flixster account to my Vudu account. However, Ghost in the Shell is still showing up in Vudu as not purchased. I think I may be confused about how these sites work together - Flixster, Ultraviolet and Vudu. Also, when I try to use the redeem code directly in Vudu I get an Invalid Code error message. Can someone help me figure this out?
Everything links through UltraViolet. If you login to your UV account and look at your Settings page and Linked Services you will see that Flixster is no longer an option. Set up an account with FandangoNow and then link that service to your UV account. Chances are your movie will show up on UV and VUDU.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/new...included-37581

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies

Last edited by Mr.G; 08-18-2017 at 08:36 AM.

post #4 of 12 Old 08-18-2017, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Since Ghost in the Shell is a Paramount movie make sure that service is linked into your UV account.

Also let me correct myself by saying you should make sure that WB All Access or Flixster Video is linked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WB-movies.png
Views:	8
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	2269522  

post #5 of 12 Old 08-18-2017, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Since Ghost in the Shell is a Paramount movie make sure that service is linked into your UV account.

Also let me correct myself by saying you should make sure that WB All Access or Flixster Video is linked.
Thanks for the help, Mr. G. After a lot of hair pulling and what seemed like endless loops of linking/unlinking, login/log out I finally got it to work. Turns out that Flixster and UV were linked to an incorrect Vudu account. Once I figured that all out I was able to watch Ghost in the Shell on Vudu in UHD with Dolby Vision. I'm so happy I have it correct now because I'm interested in buying more codes in the future. Again, thanks!
post #6 of 12 Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the help, Mr. G. After a lot of hair pulling and what seemed like endless loops of linking/unlinking, login/log out I finally got it to work. Turns out that Flixster and UV were linked to an incorrect Vudu account. Once I figured that all out I was able to watch Ghost in the Shell on Vudu in UHD with Dolby Vision. I'm so happy I have it correct now because I'm interested in buying more codes in the future. Again, thanks!
Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

post #7 of 12 Old 08-22-2017, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, it appears that redeeming on Flixster will no longer be a problem.

Quote:
As of August 28, 2017, the Flixster Video US service will no longer be able to provide code redemption and playback of titles due to circumstances beyond our control related to the unexpected shutdown of a critical vendor. Flixster Video customers will still be able to redeem codes and access their UltraViolet video collections by linking their UltraViolet accounts to VUDU, another UltraViolet retailer. Consumers who have previously linked their UltraViolet accounts to other UltraViolet digital retailers such as FandangoNow will continue to be able to access their video libraries at those retailers.
https://www.flixstervideo.com/faq

post #8 of 12 Old 08-22-2017, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well, it appears that redeeming on Flixster will no longer be a problem.

https://www.flixstervideo.com/faq
Does this mean that code redemption will be possible directly on Ultraviolet?
post #9 of 12 Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Does this mean that code redemption will be possible directly on Ultraviolet?
When I've redeemed codes on UV it's usually forwarded me to VUDU, my streaming service of preference.

post #10 of 12 Old 08-22-2017, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
When I've redeemed codes on UV it's usually forwarded me to VUDU, my streaming service of preference.
I'm confused. I bought a code for Ghost in the Shell on Vudu in 4K with DV. I was told by the seller that I had to redeem the code on Flixster first. I did so and it took hours to make sure all services were properly linked before I could actually watch the movie. Are you saying I could have redeemed directly on UV?
post #11 of 12 Old 08-22-2017, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm confused. I bought a code for Ghost in the Shell on Vudu in 4K with DV. I was told by the seller that I had to redeem the code on Flixster first. I did so and it took hours to make sure all services were properly linked before I could actually watch the movie. Are you saying I could have redeemed directly on UV?
It's usually best to redeem using the instructions provided on the UV code that comes with the movie or TV show. But yes, sometimes you can take a short-cut straight to UV.

post #12 of 12 Old 08-22-2017, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The added wrinkle in your case is that the code was for a 4K movie. I don't know if that causes a problem with redemption going straight to UV since I do not have 4K equipment. On the VUDU forums I've read of people having issues with their 4K codes redeeming as 1080p HDX instead. The mish-mosh of studio redemption sites only adds to the confusion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page