VIDEO DOWNLOAD SERVICES Master Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 671 Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Tivo seems to be going tits-up. I can't delete anything, and when I play a program it hesitates and pixilates. I'm guessing the hard drive is going bad. I already replaced the original HD, so replacing this one isn't beyond my capabilities.

The problem is that I have four episodes of The Shield on it that I want to watch. They are the last four episodes of the 7-season series, and I definitely want to watch them.

I need advice on how and where to download TV episodes, specifically these four episodes. I looked at hulu and amazon, and neither seems to have them.

Where can I download them?
Can I do it for free?
If not, how much does it cost?
What is the picture quality like?
If I download them onto my laptop, can I simply connect the laptop to my TV with an S-video cable (the laptop and my TV both have s-video jacks)?
What about the audio?

As you can tell, I know next to nothing about downloading video, but would appreciate any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 671 Old 03-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbrew View Post

My Tivo seems to be going tits-up. I can't delete anything, and when I play a program it hesitates and pixilates. I'm guessing the hard drive is going bad. I already replaced the original HD, so replacing this one isn't beyond my capabilities.

The problem is that I have four episodes of The Shield on it that I want to watch. They are the last four episodes of the 7-season series, and I definitely want to watch them.

I need advice on how and where to download TV episodes, specifically these four episodes. I looked at hulu and amazon, and neither seems to have them.

Where can I download them?
Can I do it for free?
If not, how much does it cost?
What is the picture quality like?
If I download them onto my laptop, can I simply connect the laptop to my TV with an S-video cable (the laptop and my TV both have s-video jacks)?
What about the audio?

As you can tell, I know next to nothing about downloading video, but would appreciate any advice.

Here is a good place to start looking:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1125250
post #663 of 671 Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDirty View Post

Dealing with bandwidth management issues rationally? Can you elaborate? Because the way CC explained it to me I get one warning and after that its nighty night. Hell I still cant get them to get me a bandwidth meter, I have to go find my own. I hate how the counties dictate service providers it just gives them a stranglehold on the customer base and the only alternative is DSL. I wish they were greasing my pockets Man Cmon Verizon Bring FiOS to FL!!!

That was my experience with Comcast as well. Told me I exceeded their limit and if it happened again, I would be cut off for six months without any further notice. Asked how I might know how much bandwidth I use. They said they don't have any metering available for customers yet. But no problem, if I exceed their limit I will know it. I guess I should be more upset, but last week the folks from FIOS were stringing lines in our street. So if I hold off for a couple of more months without using much bandwidth (and that includes unplugging VUDU) I guess we will be OK.

Ray
post #664 of 671 Old 03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 606
I'm certainly glad I have FIOS. I'm over 40 networked devices now and averaging between 1TB and 2TB every month now.

I'm just hoping FIOS increases their highest speed tier this year. Rumor is the 50/20 tier might get bumped up to 75/25. I would certainly use the speed increase from my current 50mbs I'm using now. And if my $90 a month price stays the same, it would even be sweeter.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #665 of 671 Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I'm certainly glad I have FIOS. I'm over 40 networked devices now and averaging between 1TB and 2TB every month now.

I'm just hoping FIOS increases their highest speed tier this year. Rumor is the 50/20 tier might get bumped up to 75/25. I would certainly use the speed increase from my current 50mbs I'm using now. And if my $90 a month price stays the same, it would even be sweeter.

The max on fios is 72mbs due to the current pons being used. However in the next five years if docis is implemented then a gig each way is easily within reach.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry Shines the name, shines the name of Rodger Young
post #666 of 671 Old 04-19-2009, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Why is connectivty in Stockholm so much faster and cheaper than in US cities?
http://cis471.blogspot.com/2009/04/w...m-so-much.html
post #667 of 671 Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post

The max on fios is 72mbs due to the current pons being used. However in the next five years if docis is implemented then a gig each way is easily within reach.

They've been testing 100mbs for a while now accoring to their official verizon Blog. Rumor is they will offer upgrades from 20/20 to 25/25 and from 50/20 to 75/25 in early Summer.
That is also the same time period as last year when they upgraded the speed tiers.

LED DLP

post #668 of 671 Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

They've been testing 100mbs for a while now accoring to their official verizon Blog. Rumor is they will offer upgrades from 20/20 to 25/25 and from 50/20 to 75/25 in early Summer.
That is also the same time period as last year when they upgraded the speed tiers.

Can you link to the page. As I am interested in what type of equipment they are using. Using the current alcatel pons we have 72mg is the max speed until the next generation comes out.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry Shines the name, shines the name of Rodger Young
post #669 of 671 Old 04-26-2009, 06:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post

Can you link to the page. As I am interested in what type of equipment they are using. Using the current alcatel pons we have 72mg is the max speed until the next generation comes out.

http://policyblog.verizon.com/Policy...0mbs-Club.aspx

http://policyblog.verizon.com/policy...00mbs-man.aspx

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-...ry-lead-1.html

LED DLP

post #670 of 671 Old 09-10-2009, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 284
unstuck

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Link to sponsors
good to be back to vBulletin
post #671 of 671 Old 01-08-2010, 08:10 AM

I have a slow broadband connection ( .75 / .125 ) so streaming video for my HD TV is not possible. So I wondered if any of the set top box services / hardware support caching so I could start a download when I hit the rack at nite and have the complete show or movie available to watch the next day?
Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page