Sensio 3D S3D-100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 03-15-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had seen the Sensio in action about 4 years in one of those hi end stores in Naples FL. It was so cool but the price was not. $3k and not many, if any studio movies.
So fast forward 4 years later and I had the opportunity to pick up a new Sensio for way under $1K
I did a little research to find out if my TV (Mitsubishi WL82913) and Sony DVD player (DVP-CX985V) are compatible.

What I found you'll need to set the progressive-scan DVD player's output to interlace. Ok, no problem on that, the Sony has a switch on the back to go to interlace. I also checked the DVD's menu to make sure it's on interlace.

Next the TV has to be capable of displaying 480p with a VGA input. Now here's where I thought I have a problem. On my TV the VGA input is 720 and 1080p but there is another input called DTV and has RGBHV and are 480i/480p and so on.

I tried it on the VGA first, it had a picture and you can make out things on the screen, but there was no 3D effect.
Then I tried the RGBHV and all I got was a scrambled picture.

Anybody have any thoughts? TV not compatible? Maybe it's the DVD player?

Thanks
LL

If it's expensive, i'll buy it! (2004)
If it's expensive, i can't afford it! (2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-15-2009, 06:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
I still have my system but have not used it in awhile. I was thinking of firing it up again.
If I remember correct the DVD player must send 480i component in then you use the RGB
15 pin out from the Sensio to the RGB 15pin in on your TV. The unit will work with CRT and DLP.
With CRT it is not very bright because you are using one field at a time and you can see the shutter but its still convincing and looks
very good.
Unfortunately LCD tvs emits IR interference that wrecks havoc with the ir emitter.

If you get this going let us know how it looks.
What titles did you grab?
post #3 of 16 Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Alan,

That's what i figured. The Sony DVD player (DVP-CX985V) that i have can do 480i from component but it's the TV( the Mitsubishi is a LCOS) that I'm wondering if it's compatible.

If you look at the picture i attached, the VGA input is 720 or 1080i. Sensio's manual says it should be VGA 480i input.

This is what i'm getting right know using the VGA input on my set.
LL
LL

post #4 of 16 Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Your tv obviously does not like 480i. Do you have a video processor by any chance. I wonder what would happen if you scaled the signal to 1080i.

Another thing you can try, do you have an old direct view computer monitor laying around. Preferably crt.
post #5 of 16 Old 03-15-2009, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I have a Crystalio II

I didn't consider trying it yet cause Sensio had said you should shut off any video processor.

Hmmmm........just thinking of how i'll hook that up is making my head spin.

post #6 of 16 Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

I would upscale to 1080i which would keep the signal interlaced but I am not sure if your set would take 1080i on the RGB input. I remember having trouble getting this to work with several displays but it did work with my DLP projector.

post #7 of 16 Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

I was just looking at the picture of the manual and it looks like it's a no on 1080i threw VGA. Dang!

I'll try the direct view computer monitor that you mentioned and see if that works.

I'm still waiting to hear from Sensio too.

post #8 of 16 Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Well Alan, i tried it on the direct view computer monitor, that i had tossed in a corner collecting dust, and it worked.

So the DVD player is compatible, and the Sensio works. I'll have to try something with the Crystallio and see what happens. I just need to buy a VGA/RGBHV cable to test it.

Man, i hope it works. Cause it will look great.........NO AWESOME on the 82" Mitsu.

post #9 of 16 Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 AM
AVS Club Gold

Looking forward to hearing if this works. Fingers crossed.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Well, i picked up a VGA/RGBHV cable and tried a few experiments to get it to work with my Crystalio. It was a no go.

So my only option left was to go and buy a Compatible Projector. This is a new field for me as i don't know to much about projectors. I wasn't ready to spend big bucks on one yet, so i did a little research and picked up a used Sim2 HT300E for some cheap price.

So i got it about a week ago, pretty cool looking, hooked up the VGA and the Sensio and DVD player, got the 3d glasses and............YES, it's all good!

I got a couple of more 3D DVD's to check out. One is SOS and this new one called Rain Forest Adventure.

One quick question, Alan, on Sensios web site in there Compatible Projector section, http://www.sensio.tv/en/home_theater...tor/default.3d , they have this section called "Synchronization Line" and have for the SIM2 HT300 a number of 450. What is that? Is that some kind of adjustment for the projector? Any ideas??

I e-mailed Sensio but never heard from them.

post #11 of 16 Old 04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris03053 View Post

One quick question, Alan, on Sensios web site in there Compatible Projector section, http://www.sensio.tv/en/home_theater...tor/default.3d , they have this section called "Synchronization Line" and have for the SIM2 HT300 a number of 450. What is that? Is that some kind of adjustment for the projector? Any ideas??

It has been a long time since I had one of these systems, but I recall some calibration thing I had to do with the glasses to get them synced up well. Maybe this number is related to that. It seems like there were some settings for the Sensio system that I could adjust in a range that included 450 and it depended somewhat on what display I was using.

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
post #12 of 16 Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post

It has been a long time since I had one of these systems, but I recall some calibration thing I had to do with the glasses to get them synced up well. Maybe this number is related to that. It seems like there were some settings for the Sensio system that I could adjust in a range that included 450 and it depended somewhat on what display I was using.

--Darin

Thanks for chiming in Darin.

There's 2 adjustment buttons on the front of the Sensio to sync the glasses but it doesn't bring up any numbers like that on the screen.

There's no remote but i read in the manual that you can bring up a screen for adjustments, for the Sensio, but you need a remote with Palm OS.

post #13 of 16 Old 04-26-2009, 08:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Chris

It has been to long for me to remember the calibration procedure but over the next week I will fire my system up again. I hope my battery's are still good in the shutter glasses.
post #14 of 16 Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris03053 View Post

There's no remote but i read in the manual that you can bring up a screen for adjustments, for the Sensio, but you need a remote with Palm OS.

Yes, it's about $100 down the drain for a one time setup unless you have a good application for a Palm. I bought a Palm Z22 and got a copy of SensioLink which has adjustments for Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Flicker Reduction Filter and Glasses Adjustment which includes the settings for the "Synchronization Line" you need. I played around with the Brightness and Contrast settings which, out of the box, were not optimum for my PJ.

A couple of caveats. You can find used Palms on eBay and such but make sure they have Palm OS V4 or higher. New units have V5.4 or better which is fine. You have to jump through some hoops to get both SensioLink and "user basic" into the Palm. Then you have to change the Hot Sync setting to "IR to a PC/Handheld" so that it transmits IR codes to the Sensio. I also find that because the IR transmitter for the glasses screws up all of my remote controls, including the Palm's IR link, you may have to hold the top of the Palm directly against the Sensio's IR receiver which is the round window between the power button and the big, blue Sensio logo in the middle of the unit.

All of this screwing around does finally work but for its original $3K price it would have been nice if Sensio had thrown in a cheap remote.

The SensioLink software can be hard to find on the net. I have it if you would like a copy. Just PM me.

Good luck.

John
post #15 of 16 Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger View Post

Chris

It has been to long for me to remember the calibration procedure but over the next week I will fire my system up again. I hope my battery's are still good in the shutter glasses.

Thanks Alan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnty View Post

Yes, it's about $100 down the drain for a one time setup unless you have a good application for a Palm. I bought a Palm Z22 and got a copy of SensioLink which has adjustments for Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Flicker Reduction Filter and Glasses Adjustment which includes the settings for the "Synchronization Line" you need. I played around with the Brightness and Contrast settings which, out of the box, were not optimum for my PJ.

A couple of caveats. You can find used Palms on eBay and such but make sure they have Palm OS V4 or higher. New units have V5.4 or better which is fine. You have to jump through some hoops to get both SensioLink and "user basic" into the Palm. Then you have to change the Hot Sync setting to "IR to a PC/Handheld" so that it transmits IR codes to the Sensio. I also find that because the IR transmitter for the glasses screws up all of my remote controls, including the Palm's IR link, you may have to hold the top of the Palm directly against the Sensio's IR receiver which is the round window between the power button and the big, blue Sensio logo in the middle of the unit.

All of this screwing around does finally work but for its original $3K price it would have been nice if Sensio had thrown in a cheap remote.

The SensioLink software can be hard to find on the net. I have it if you would like a copy. Just PM me.

Good luck.

John

John,

Thanks for all that info.
You know i just remembered, i have a old IQUE 3600 Garmin GPS that has Palm OS. I wonder if that will work? I'll have to find out what OS it has.

post #16 of 16 Old 04-28-2009, 05:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

I just ordered a few more movies and new batteries for my glasses. Im looking forward to revisiting this system.
Reply D-cinema Equipment and Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page