please help dlp cinima on disc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-13-2009, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok i need some help a friend of mine knows someone that works at a theater and gave him a copy of a movie thats still in theaters. i told him it was a screener. He is telling me that no its a dvdrip. i said thats impossible because there IS no dvd's out yet and most likely wont be for 2 or more months, i also said that even if the theater uses some sort of disc with there dlp projectors that a computer couldn't read it and convert it to dvd. but he wont believe me. my question is is there even some truth to this or is the disc just a really good screener. i thought that the dlp theater projectors used hdd and that the movie is on a special hdd that gose rite into the projector and would only work on a real cinima dlp projector. fact is if it was as easy as just puting it in your computer and converting it then within a day of it being in the theater you could get a dvd quality version online. not that i do that just making a point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-13-2009, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The DCI content comes on HDD. Its closed loop, the encryption and key management make it very secure. There are also a ton of other issues, including massive incompatibilities, that would take too long to go into.

The possibility of your friends DVD originating from a DCP, for the reasons stated above, as well as many others, is nil.

--------------------------------------------
"Wow, do you think you are Adonis"...... "Baby, I'm not A-donis, I'm THE-donis"
post #3 of 3 Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Your friend is quite delusional if he thinks he got that from HDD. What makes him believe this? Who is telling him this? You should try to meet the person who is. I sure would.

David Budo
Reply D-cinema Equipment and Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page